"The FBI Is The KGB For Democrats"

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 06:54 am
The FBI has not changed since J,Edgar, Hoover ran it, weve just become more aware of what and how they do their dirty deeds

https://canadafreepress.com/article/the-fbi-is-the-kgb-for-democrats
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 6,108 • Replies: 25
Topic Closed

neptuneblue

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 07:44 am
@Dr Sliptinschit,
That has to be the worst written, poorly thought out blog of the week. At no time did it's nonsensical sentences made a coherent point, let alone convince the reader of an actual issue involving the FBI.

Quote:
Unions insist that teachers stay at home and still be paid.

Well, yeah, they are still TEACHING, remotely and in some cases, alternative days in person. And you want them to work for FREE?? How altruistic.

If this is what you read on a daily basis, get a new hobby.
0 Replies

knaivete

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 02:26 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Is a Nevada wedding for you and Don on the cards?

InfraBlue

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 02:39 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Nooo, the US equivalent to the KGB is the CIA.
Dr Sliptinschit

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 07:27 pm
@knaivete,
What cards?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 07:37 pm
Somehow it makes me chuckle when conservatives attack law enforcement. This is supposed to be a stupid liberal trick.
Dr Sliptinschit

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 09:25 pm
@maxdancona,
¨stupid liberal¨ is repetitive.
maxdancona

Tue 15 Dec, 2020 09:30 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,

(I guess it is...)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 12:37 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Nooo, the US equivalent to the KGB is the CIA.
Was: since 1991 there isn't a KGB (in Russia) anymore, Russian police and intelligence services have been reorganised since the fall of the USSR.
(The national intelligence agency of Belarus is still called KGB.)
McGentrix

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 10:45 am
@Walter Hinteler,

Walter loves being technically correct. Whether it pertains to the conversation or not.
KGB is the FSB now.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 10:59 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:
KGB is the FSB now.
Not only technically:
a) it's not "now" (you should look that up more frequently) but since 1991,

b) the KGB was followed by the Sluschba wneschnei raswedki (SWR) and the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB RF).

The main difference of the new agencies to the KGB is that those aren't a military service anymore.
0 Replies

hightor

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 11:01 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Walter loves being technically correct.

Maybe he just objects to people attempting to conduct discussions using terms which are technically incorrect.
Quote:
Whether it pertains to the conversation or not.

Accurate and agreed-upon definitions are pertinent to any conversation.
izzythepush

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 11:06 am
@hightor,
Some people have problems learning new terms.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 11:13 am
@hightor,
Actually, I do think that 30 years is a long enough period to get updated with a new situation.

And if someones uses the term "KGB" to compare it with the FBI: when has the FBI be an army department? (Even the BOI wasn't as far as I know.)
hightor

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 11:36 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's just Newsweek, but still:

FACT CHECK: Did The FBI Become A 'KGB-Type Operation' Under Obama?

Quote:
Hours after Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein testified to Congress Wednesday that FBI special counsel Robert Mueller "is running [the Russia investigation] appropriately," a Fox News guest compared the FBI to the KGB, the notorious, Soviet-era secret police force.

Is it true? Let's see:

THE CLAIM

On Wednesday night, Tom Fitton, president of conservative organization Judicial Watch, took the rhetoric up a notch when he compared the FBI to the Soviet-era spy organization.

"I think the FBI has been compromised," Fitton said on Fox News @ Night. "Forget about shutting down Mr. Mueller. Do we need to shut down the FBI because it was turned into a KGB-type operation by the Obama administration?"

THE CONTEXT

As the investigation into possible collusion between Russia and the Donald Trump campaign ratchets up, Republicans have taken every opportunity to portray the special counsel and his team as biased.

Recent reports of anti-Trump texts among the FBI team may even have lent a modicum of credibility to the bias claim.

Fitton's leading question follows a similar segment on the conservative network a week earlier, when Fox News legal analyst Gregg Jarrett said "the FBI has become America's secret police" and compared the FBI to "the old KGB that comes for you in the dark of the night, banging through your door."

So what was the KGB?

As defined by the Cold War Museum, "The KGB was the world's largest spy and state-security machine, involved in all aspects of life of everyday people in the Soviet Union." The KGB was governed by a specific directive, but it was never published or made available to the public.

The KGB acted as a secret police force whose main goals were to keep dissenters quiet by any means necessary. Those who did not fall in line were murdered, tortured and sent to labor camps with conditions so brutal that many committed suicide.

The FBI, on the other hand, is governed by publicly known law. The organization's leaders are often called upon to testify in a public setting, and many FBI operations have been made public record. The organization does not torture American citizens for voicing opinions, no matter how far outside the mainstream or how potentially offensive they might be to the government.

THE BREAKDOWN

Simply speaking, Fitton is incorrect. President Barack Obama did not turn the FBI into the KGB.

Indeed, the fact that Fitton was permitted to voice this claim on cable television is proof itself that America does not have a secret police force trying to suppress dissent. Were Fitton living in Russia when the KGB was active, he would have found no platform to voice his claims and likely would have faced fatal consequences.

The Obama-era FBI certainly deserves criticism, specifically for its handling of investigations into Russian interference during the 2016 election and Hillary Clinton's emails. But there is no comparison between the FBI and KGB.

THE VERDICT

We rate the claim as false.

Then there's this:

Quote:
The CIA,The FBI and the KGB

The CIA, the FBI and the KGB argue about who’s the best at catching criminals.

The Secretary General of the UN decides to test them. He releases a rabbit into the woods and each of the divisions has to catch it.

The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits don’t exist.

The FBI goes in next. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest to the ground, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. That rabbit had it coming.

The KGB goes in last. They come out a few hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is screaming: "Okay! Okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!"
Walter Hinteler

Wed 16 Dec, 2020 12:32 pm
@hightor,
Technically and especially practically we, here in Germany, had a lot to do with the KGB:
- the GDR Ministry for State Security (MfS) was built up under the strict guidance of Soviet secret services (NKVD, MGB and KGB respectively) and worked closely with them until almost the end. Subordination to Soviet services was relaxed from 1957 onwards, but the KGB basically had the first and last word vis-à-vis the GDR comrades,
- the "Soviet Military Mission BAOR" (SMM BAOR, aka SOXMIS) was situated not far away from where I live. Personal there did have diplomatic immunity!, but they were also GRU (Soviet Military Intelligence) and/or KGB officers.
0 Replies

longly1

Sat 19 Dec, 2020 09:44 pm
I don’t have the faith in the FBI I used to have. I don’t think I would talk to them now, most surely not without witnesses. I might talk to them if the subject was national security, and my local Sherriff would sit in as a witness. I trust the Sherriff but not the FBI. I remember at the end of the Clinton administration of talk of liberal democrat operatives infiltrating the FBI and CIA. I didn’t put a lot of stock in the rumor at the time, but now I am not so sure.
hightor

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 10:40 am
@longly1,
Quote:
I don’t have the faith in the FBI I used to have.

Because you really believe it's now a "tool of globalists dedicated to imposing one-party government"?

Quote:
I remember at the end of the Clinton administration of talk of liberal democrat operatives infiltrating the FBI and CIA. I didn’t put a lot of stock in the rumor at the time, but now I am not so sure.

So where did they dig up all these "liberal democrat operatives"? Like these guys can just fill out a form and get hired by the FBI? The stupid article in the Canada Free Press is all opinion with no facts. The only "freedom" the FBI is fighting is the "freedom" of the Trump administration to ignore statutes it finds inconvenient. The freedom of ignoramuses to believe what they're told in the right-wing press has not been restricted.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 20 Dec, 2020 02:40 pm
From Cheka to KGB to SWR: 100 years of Russian espionage - Putin celebrates poisonings, hack attacks and election manipulations.

Keep up the good work, Putin tells spy agency staff
Quote:
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said the foreign intelligence service was exceptionally important for protecting the country, in comments made soon after it was accused by some of being behind a major hack on U.S. government departments.

Speaking at an event commemorating 100 years since the founding of the SVR foreign intelligence service, Putin said the agency and other security services were a crucial guarantee of Russia’s “sovereign, democratic, independent development.”

Some international cyber researchers have suggested that Russia’s SVR foreign intelligence service may have been behind an unprecedented attack on U.S. government computer systems first reported by Reuters last week.
[...]
Putin told attendees of the event, which also marked the Day of the Security Services Worker, that it was important to continue developing the work of counterintelligence agencies.

“I know what I’m talking about here,” Putin, a former KGB agent, said, in comments shared on the Kremlin website. “And I rate very highly the difficult professional operations that have been conducted.”
... ... ...
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 5 Apr, 2021 09:46 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:
It's just Newsweek, but still:
FACT CHECK: Did The FBI Become A 'KGB-Type Operation' Under Obama?

The FBI conducted illegal investigations of the incoming Trump Administration for Mr. Obama.

That's KGB enough for me.