Debunking 8 anti-war myths #5

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 01:32 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
No, I am suggesting we keep control of the oil fields in the hands of those friendly towards the US. As it is now.

Even if those friendly to the US are oppressing their own people and preventing democratic reforms from taking hold?

Depends on what the alternatives are, the price of change, and the means/methods of oppression. You can't fight all your battles at once.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 01:48 pm
Quote:
Surely you believe that everyone is entitled to a free life, don't you?

I was going to use your words here against you, but now that I read it, I can't stop laughing.

I am entitled to a free life, dammit, I want my free life. Who's life? Doesn't matter, just give me one. I'm entitled.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 01:50 pm
McGentrix wrote:

I believe it is the duty of the strong to defend the weak. The moderate arabs can not or will not defend themselves against the growing fundamentalist movement taking place in the middle east. It is in the best interests of the US, and free countries everywhere to see to it that the ME does not fall prey to the extremeists. We apparrently differ in our approaches in this matter.

There will always be people in power and those that are powerless. It will be a never ending battle which will eventually be the downfall of our own country. I feel bad that there are oppressed people and I think that we should support them... not fight for them at the expense of our own country.

jpinMilwaukee wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
The governments of Kuwait and Saudi Arabia asked us for help defendinga against Saddam Hussein. Are you suggesting we should have ignored those pleas? Should we have allowed Hussein to run rampant over the whole penensula? Where would you have stopped him?

Bush I did a fine job at stoping the spread of Saddam. He did it with support from other countries and with far less casualites to American Soldiers then we are seeing today.

McGentrix wrote:
That's because we did not finish the job in '91. We did not relieve Saddam of his position as dictator.

Again... I'm not willing to spend the lives of americans for people who won't fight for their own lives. Does that make me a cold hearted bastard??? Maybe... <shrugs>

You want me to worry about the people in the ME... hollywood wants me to worry about people in Africa... people here in the US wants me to worry about other people here...

When did we become baby sitters and solvers of the worlds problems?
When did people stop working for things that are important to them and start expecting things to be given to them?

jpinMilwaukee wrote:
Why did 9/11 happen?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 12:19 am
Quote:
And speaking of oil fields... how is our protection of that oil doing? I just filled up my car with gas that cost 2.50 a gallon.

It was never about cheap oil, just oil. Which makes me think. How do the big oil companies make money? Do they make more money by selling oil cheaply or by selling oil at a higher price?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 06:47 am
McGentrix wrote:
No, I am suggesting we keep control of the oil fields in the hands of those friendly towards the US. As it is now.

Oil fields are in the hands of folks friendly towards the US? Really?
0 Replies