Does anyone think the election will be over by today?

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2020 10:15 am
With Biden leading Wisconsin, Michigan and Arizona it sure looks like it

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2020 11:22 am
I certainly hope that it will be over today. I didn't get much sleep last night. If they announce the final results I can go grab a quick nap.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2020 11:26 am
@singlesucks13,
He would still need Nevada and they have a lot of counting to do there.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 11:28 am
@engineer,
No. We have at least a month and a half of court appearances to go through by the republicans attempt to overturn the election so their dictator can resume his illegal activities.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 02:26 pm
@engineer,
Why is Nevada so dang slow?
knaivete

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 07:02 pm
@snood,
No-one's dared learn how to count there since the infamous Pair-O-Dice incident in 1931.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 06:40 am
@snood,
I was listening to Nate Silver today and he had some interesting thoughts on Nevada. He says he could call it now. Biden is ahead, all the remaining votes to be counted are from Democratic strongholds around Las Vegas and those have been breaking 70+% Biden, from a statistical point of view, Nevada could be called, there is not a reasonable statistical path for Trump there. But calling Nevada is calling the election. (He's confident that PA will go Biden for the same reasons.) There is already some angst around the call of Arizona. Calling either Nevada or Pennsylvania is calling the whole shebang and no one is willing to do that.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:01 am
@engineer,
According to the BBC, Trump’s poor performances Arizona and Georgia is down to the insults he poured on John McCain and John Lewis.
engineer

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:29 am
@izzythepush,
Yes, never saw any political benefit for those attacks. You've got to figure that McCain's final revenge is this election. I never thought McCain was all that people made him out to be, but he had integrity.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 07:33 am
@engineer,
He crashed his plane and was badly injured, it’s not like he had any options other than surrender.
engineer

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 08:09 am
@izzythepush,
Actually McCain crashed many planes, something like four or five. That said, he had a distinguished career as a senator and I think he probably died content with his life accomplishments.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 08:13 am
@engineer,
Come now. Don't be silly. McCain was a traitor who enjoyed stabbing his friends in the back.
RABEL222

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 10:35 am
@oralloy,
Didn't McCain have bone spurs?
0 Replies