11
   

Trump Without the Virus

 
 
gollum
 
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 04:08 pm
If the virus had never come along I guess Trump would have won in a landslide. It suggests that the problem is not Trump but his followers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 1,005 • Replies: 51

 
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 04:10 pm
@gollum,
Why do you believe that?
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 04:14 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

If the virus had never come along I guess Trump would have won in a landslide. It suggests that the problem is not Trump but his followers.


Nah... I think the problem was Trump. Trump fucked up the response to Covid-19. It is his job as the leader of the country, to coordinate a professional response to a crisis and to bring the country together. He failed.

You might be right that Trump would have had a much easier time with the election had the virus not happened.

But Trump would have also had a much easier time being reelected had he done his job. He could have responded to a national emergency with any semblance of competence.
gollum
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 04:46 pm
@engineer,
engineer-

The virus appears to be one of the greatest threats to not only public health but to every aspect of American life (e.g., employment, day-to-day interacting with people) in American history.

Yet, that said, even with the virus ravaging us, it is not unthinkable that Trump might win the election. (He is behind but not by so much and he was behind last time.)

I conclude that were it not for the virus, Trump would get many more votes.
roger
 
  1  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 04:57 pm
@gollum,
There are lots of reasons to vote against Trump besides his handling of the corona virus.
Brandon9000
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 05:49 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
...Nah... I think the problem was Trump. Trump fucked up the response to Covid-19....

Can you support that with evidence or is it just satisfying to say?
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 06:01 pm
@Brandon9000,
There is plenty of evidence... I don't think you would ever accept it.

A good leader would have made a solid, consistent plan based on science.

A good leader would have supported clearly rational measures like masks and social distancing.

A good leader wouldn't have made wild, fantasy predictions like saying the virus will "disappear in April".

A good leader wouldn't be fighting with people with expertise in the field.

A good leader wouldn't be making contradictory statements based on political need rather than social good.

What evidence do you need?

Brandon9000
 
  3  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 06:45 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There is plenty of evidence... I don't think you would ever accept it.

A good leader would have made a solid, consistent plan based on science.

A good leader would have supported clearly rational measures like masks and social distancing.

A good leader wouldn't have made wild, fantasy predictions like saying the virus will "disappear in April".

A good leader wouldn't be fighting with people with expertise in the field.

A good leader wouldn't be making contradictory statements based on political need rather than social good.

What evidence do you need?

This is just a bunch of stuff you claim he did, but not one single link to him actually doing one of those things. How do you know that there wouldn't have been two million deaths if Biden had been president? For months, Trump had multi-hour coronavirus press conferences every day in which he described all of the things that were being done and had many of the relevant medical or task force experts speak. At one point towards the end, in one of these press conferences, he presented a plan for re-opening in three stages. Did you watch any of them?
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 06:59 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

This is just a bunch of stuff you claim he did,


Actually.... what I gave you is a list of things he didn't do.

Now he is fighting with the medical experts, including starting a twitter fight with Fauci. It couldn't be more pathetic.



BillW
 
  0  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 07:11 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

There are lots of reasons to vote against Trump besides his handling of the corona virus.

I agree! In fact, the virus has obscured just exactly how pitiful a president theRump really is! In fact, he rates <1 on a scale of 10 as a human being. So, he actually hides behind theRump virus.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 07:42 pm
@maxdancona,
You haven't provided a shred of evidence that (a) any of your claims are true, or (b) Biden wouldn't have done much worse.

I can claim a lot of stuff too and it's so convenient when I don't have to back any of it up. Either give me an actual piece of evidence for one of your claims or stop playing with the adults.
0 Replies
 
coldjoint
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 08:43 pm
@gollum,
What problem?
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  1  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 09:07 pm
@gollum,
That's an interesting conclusion but Trump's approval ratings have been remarkably consistent throughout his presidency. He's been in the 40-42% approval range the entire time and he's near the top of that range currently. Why do you think his handling of the pandemic had cost him votes when it hasn't changed his approval ratings?
McGentrix
 
  3  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 09:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There is plenty of evidence... I don't think you would ever accept it.

A good leader would have made a solid, consistent plan based on science.

A good leader would have supported clearly rational measures like masks and social distancing.

A good leader wouldn't have made wild, fantasy predictions like saying the virus will "disappear in April".

A good leader wouldn't be fighting with people with expertise in the field.

A good leader wouldn't be making contradictory statements based on political need rather than social good.

What evidence do you need?



You're talking about a fantasy leader? Which world leader has done these things and is currently experiencing a virus free country?
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 09:48 pm
@McGentrix,
Most leaders of developed countries have done all of these things, I will pick a couple. Let's take Abe from Japan, Trudeau from Canada, Merkel from Germany and many many more.

They have all followed the science, advocated masks, presented a consistent plan for their countries.

And none of them have made wild claims about the vaccine being available "before the election" or that the pandemic would disappear "like magic" by April.

It is a pandemic, you are not going to get a "virus free country" (as much as Trump promises one). However all of these countries are doing a far better job at controlling the virus that the US has done under Trump.

maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 09:51 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix, I have always thought of you as being someone with critical thinking skills. And, I think that someone can be honest about Trump's bungling of the covid pandemic response and still want to vote for him for other reasons.

But come on.

Trump is now suggesting that doctors are inflating covid numbers so that they will get paid more.

Do you really buy this **** coming from our president?
McGentrix
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 09:55 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Most leaders of developed countries have done all of these things, I will pick a couple. Let's take Abe from Japan, Trudeau from Canada, Merkel from Germany and many many more.

They have all followed the science, advocated masks, presented a consistent plan for their countries.

And none of them have made wild claims about the vaccine being available "before the election" or that the pandemic would disappear "like magic" by April.



And how are they doing with the virus?
McGentrix
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 10:00 pm
@maxdancona,
You guys always bark at Trumps dog whistle. Compare anything Trump has said with actual US policy which the Executive actually does.

Do you really buy this **** coming from our president?

If not, then why whinge about it?
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 10:25 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix,

The things that I am saying are facts. You can check what I am saying, and if you show me any of these leaders making wild claims about the virus disappearing, or opposing the public health measure from medical science.. then you will prove me wrong.

These are facts.

You can also check the numbers. You can check the infection rate per 10,000 citizens, and the deaths per 10,000 citizens.

The US is doing far worse than most developed countries. It isn't surprising. It is also a fact that the US is one of the few countries without a national plan for social distancing or wearing masks.

And the US is one of the only country where the administration is telling people they don't have to wear masks.

You can have your own president. You can't make up your own facts.
coldjoint
 
  2  
Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2020 10:43 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The US is doing far worse than most developed countries.

It is?
https://i2.wp.com/issuesinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Screen-Shot-2020-10-27-at-11.36.40-AM-e1603918376592.png?w=595&ssl=1
https://i1.wp.com/issuesinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Screen-Shot-2020-10-27-at-11.37.42-AM-e1603917903557.png?w=595&ssl=1
https://issuesinsights.com/2020/10/29/5-more-covid-charts-democrats-and-the-press-dont-want-you-to-see/
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » Trump Without the Virus
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/24/2021 at 06:14:00