The job of Philosophy

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2020 04:05 pm
@maxdancona,
As much as auto/self-trolish that answer was, thank you!
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2020 04:06 pm
@Jasper10,
It is because you are entangled that your actions and wants are as good as being a spectator of yourself!
Jasper10

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2020 04:33 pm
@Albuquerque,
Ok...there is an internal observing when it comes to inward meditation.

With inward meditation there is an internal division and an internal uniting as well.

The secret is is to use this inward meditation knowledge in outward meditation/personal and practical experience as in there is an “in the moment”(united state) and a “not in the moment” (divided) consciousness state.

It is not good to only practice inward meditation (disappear) within the head all the time.
It is not good to remain in autopilot all the time.Most people do however because they know very little of the practical/experiential knowledge of being in the moment more often than not.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 12:56 am
@Jasper10,
I am never in the moment and always after the moment.
That is, the awareness of myself. But I got what you meant to say.
Jasper10

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 02:34 am
@Albuquerque,
In my experience,If you are never in the moment in an OUTWARD sense then you are never in the moment,simple as that. ….it isn't a matter of after ANY moment.......I know exactly what I meant to say. It sounds as if you are talking about the united state within the inward consciousness state which is STILL inward. I'm talking about something completely different.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 04:35 am
@Jasper10,
...200 milliseconds was my point. Hope you know what that means.
Jasper10

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 04:50 am
@Albuquerque,
ok ...I do know what you mean now yes...Please tell me how you define yourself. Do you accept that SELF is not an illusion as some suggest.
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 04:56 am
@Jasper10,
I take both views somehow.
Phenomena like a cup of tea people or awareness are Real phenomena, just like real dreams are real dreams.
That said I still like Parmenides who got it all right long long ago way before people thought of 4D space.
I live a very sad and happy life like all of us do...
Jasper10

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 05:16 am
@Albuquerque,
I don't take both view myself I only take the view I am not an illusion.

Awareness is a key ingredient, yes I agree...However, who do you think it is that is aware? Are you familiar with the term "i am" ?
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 05:42 am
@Jasper10,
..the Alpha and the Omega...
Jasper10

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 07:36 am
@Albuquerque,
Please explain in what context are you using the term the Alpha and the Omega or the beginning and the end? Where have you got this term from and how do you see that it relates to yourself?
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 07:42 am
@Jasper10,
...oh never mind...I've read to much on your original "I am".
As in "I am the Alpha and the Omega"...

If you are asking about me, or you, or we, well, each of us is many, but they all seam one.
Jasper10

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 07:49 am
@Albuquerque,
That's ok ...It wasn't a trick question. I am trying to understand where you are at in relation to where I am at...that's all. I think you have answered my question as in you see no God involvement whatsoever....is that correct?
Albuquerque

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 07:59 am
@Jasper10,
The best God I can imagine or accept in my pov is Being or Deus est Natura as Spinoza suggested, beyond that I just don't grasp the idea of a walking talking Anthropomorphized God, it just seems to weak silly and powerless.

Being is timeless, silent and unchanged like a Monolith! (4D Space)
Jasper10

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2020 08:17 am
@Albuquerque,
ok I understand thanks. We do both see things differently as in our interpretation of the way things are even though we both have access to the same information. That's ok.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2020 09:35 am
@Jasper10,
My understanding is that the "i am" is a presence and is aware. The "i am" is separate from awareness therefore.Awareness being separate from consciousness states. The "i am" can become aware that there are 2 off distinct consciousness states as mentioned in my previous post above. The "i am" can consciously switch to the manual consciousness state at any time. The "i am" can become aware that should it be within the autopilot consciousness state and an issue arises that the autopilot cannot resolve then the "i am" will be automatically switched either consciously or subconsciously (depending upon one's awareness) to manual. The "i am" then needing to take control to resolve the issue.
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 03:48 am
@Jasper10,
When the "I am" can fly out of his own free will I will retract myself!
Jasper10

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 09:18 am
@Albuquerque,
Why would the "i am" want to fly out of his own free will if everything is all encompassing?
Albuquerque

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2020 10:49 pm
@Jasper10,
Will some fancy wings into existence out of your own free volition!
Jasper10

Reply Fri 11 Dec, 2020 02:19 am
@Albuquerque,
Well one could take the stance that there is free will...one could also take the stance that there is no free will.Similarly,one has a CHOICE....one can either remain a spectator (inward meditation) or become a player (inward/outward meditation).Inward/Outward meditation is better.Inward meditation is just a stuck in ones head searching for proof all the time....of what use is that to anyone?
0 Replies