The job of Philosophy

Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 02:21 am
@crackedhead,
Again that is the History of Biology at large...unhappy "people/beings" when not in the business of surviving, making **** up!

The point is, some of the **** is productive, while its easy to point out, most is just bullshit!
None of it takes one single inch or makes a dent on the utmost importance of Philosophy!

PS - ...by the way, "happy people" never produced much!
crackedhead

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 02:39 am
@Albuquerque,
I'm pretty sure "happy people" is the only reason why anyone is even alive today. I'm pretty sure "unhappy" people would've killed each other off a long time ago. Basing that on common sense.

The point is, some of the **** is productive and a lot of the **** is bullshit. Which is exactly what Philosophy is. Productive bullshit that makes people happy.
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 02:48 am
@crackedhead,
You want a piece of before breakfast quick Philosophy on America right now?
75 million idiots voted on Trump because he represents the past, daydreaming, naivety, and lack of information...people's mind are being hacked right now and heavily assaulted with tons of information...most didn't properly made well the turn of the millennia! The result is a market wishing for disinformation! (and what the market wants the market gets)
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 02:56 am
@crackedhead,
Exactly my point, Biology, needs to live in a good enough illusion, free will being a central example, to avoid extinction by depression. "Hyper Realism" kills people!
Now the opposite is also true, Utopias kill people by disenfranchising them with Reality, remember Marie Antoinette...

Philosophy is in the tricky business of trying to not make people to unhappy while making productive stuff! It is not an easy task!
0 Replies

crackedhead

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 03:03 am
@Albuquerque,
Philosophically, Trump supporters are happy being completely oblivious dumbfucks.
Philosophically, you are happy calling them out on it.

In the end Philosophy is the only thing that makes people happy. That's why there are so many different philosophies out there.
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 03:22 am
@crackedhead,
I am not happy by trying to relieve my hanger at them, I wish...I don't believe in free will, and in my mind they couldn't have done otherwise. I cannot lash out nor make any catharsis...it is way worse than you think!
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 03:37 am
Let's see if this one makes you all happy, unhappy, or in between...

0 Replies

crackedhead

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 03:43 am
@Albuquerque,
I get it, you believe in "modern" free will. The free will that matches with what you believe in so much that you have to tell other people about it on the internet..It obviously makes you happy, which is what philosophy is deep down. As long as you can get through the crap of other peoples free will...
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 07:33 am
@crackedhead,
Oh now you enlarged the coinage happiness to any interaction we do so it can match your accession that Philosophy is about making people happy even when that is Historically totally inaccurate, and Socrates who was sentenced to death as a corrupter of youth just came to mind.

If by modern definition of free will, which I denied to believe in, you are referring to at least 3000 years of Western History then you take the cake Bubba, job well done! I don't know what is your "old" definition but I would be happy to hear it.
Albuquerque

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2020 08:16 am
0 Replies

crackedhead

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2021 12:05 am
@Albuquerque,
Yeah, I'm pretty much saying that our interaction proves how fake philosophy really is. You have your side and I have mine, which deep down is probably the same, yet we disagree, thanks to free will. Some people will be happy and some people won't be happy and sometimes everyone will be happy and sometimes no one will be happy. That is philosophy.

As for my "old" definition of free will compared to "modern" free will, well just look at the world. Most of us aren't still getting around in horse and buggy. We free willed the modern automobile into existence. Which made everyone happier, obviously.
Leadfoot

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2021 05:47 am
@crackedhead,
I do love my bimmer..
0 Replies

Albuquerque

Reply Mon 4 Jan, 2021 07:40 am
@crackedhead,
Nihilism and Relativism are philosophical stances on the perceived world indeed...thankfully they are not the only possible stances nor are they the most productive.

Cynicism is also a common stance used specially for those who risk nothing nor do intend to have a comprehensive personal project for understanding the world.

This much I have gathered so far from you, and it is enough already, have a nice life, bye!
0 Replies