Tonights Debate: Who wants to predict what new lines will be heard?

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:00 pm
If I were on the Biden side... I would introduce the line "I am tired of losing... " (you can fill in healthcare, with covid, climate change protections... etc. etc. etc.)

I don't think the Trump side will come up with anything new (although I would love to hear if anyone has anything clever he should say).

You get a point for each new line that either candidate says.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,753 • Replies: 135

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:17 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

If I were on the Biden side... I would introduce the line "I am tired of losing... " (you can fill in healthcare, with covid, climate change protections... etc. etc. etc.)

I don't think the Trump side will come up with anything new (although I would love to hear if anyone has anything clever he should say).

You get a point for each new line that either candidate says.

I think Trump will be his usual, disgusting, childishly rude self...and not say anything especially new or interesting.

Biden will have a few throw in lines prepared for when Trump sets himself up (which he will do). But I do not expect a "You are not John Kennedy" moment.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:29 pm
What I would love to happen is for Biden to goad Trump into a version of, "I was very successful and my businesses made lots and lots of profit, but I know ways to beat the IRS."

That **** will sound great to the people who grovel at his feet...but will turn off independents still on the sidelines. (I guess there still are a few of those.)
Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:40 pm
@maxdancona,
The worst thing for Biden to utter would be either "I'm tired..." or " I'm tired of losing... "
Both would serve as fodder for Trump to then declare he is neither tired, nor a loser. "
maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 01:58 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

The worst thing for Biden to utter would be either "I'm tired..." or " I'm tired of losing... "
Both would serve as fodder for Trump to then declare he is neither tired, nor a loser. "

It is a turn of phrase on Trump's "You will be tired of winning...". I think it is cute (and people always steal my best ideas.)

I don't think Biden has to avoid the word "tired" as if this is some game of Taboo. (He does have to avoid looking tired... but that is another thing).

Biden wants to get people to focus on how bad the past 4 years have been... he will have some line to signify this.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 02:02 pm
@maxdancona,
I know what it is.

What best ideas have you ever had?

...or any ideas?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 02:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
If I were preparing Biden, my goal would be to get Trump talking about himself... and keep him talking about himself.

Do you think Biden will bring up poll numbers Wink ?

Biden doesn't want to talk about his family. And, Biden doesn't want to talk about the left (he would rather pretend the left wing of the Democratic party didn't exist). If Trump is prepared at all, he will take swings at both of these.

0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 09:09 pm
Biden lost hard.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 09:49 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Biden lost hard.

I didn't see it that way. It was a disaster for the country, it wasn't bad for Biden.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 09:51 pm
@maxdancona,
A disaster? Nah. Was a Presidential debate in 2020.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 09:55 pm
@McGentrix,
I am curious. What makes you think Biden lost (in a non-partisan... objective sense)?

The flash polls are saying Biden won. I don't know how else to score in an objective way (other than to see what happens with the polling).

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2020 10:26 pm
"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by."

Says it all.
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 12:47 am
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by."

Says it all.

The Proud Boys are just a bunch of regular people who are fed up with Antifa and fight back at them.

What else does that say according to you?
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 12:51 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Biden lost hard.

I watched the debate with a dear friend of mine, a 76 year old widow, STAUNCH left winger.

She said that she didn't like all the interrupting, but that she couldn't imagine Biden running the country after watching that. She said that he was dominated by Trump.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 04:09 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
According to several sources, the group seems to be inclined to use violence to meet their goals.

Quote:
The Proud Boys is a far-right[4][5][6][7][8] fascist and neo-fascist[9][10][11][12] male-only organization that promotes and engages in political violence.

The group believes men—especially white men—and Western culture are under siege; their views have elements of the white genocide conspiracy theory.[23][24][25] Officially, the group rejects white supremacy, although members have participated in multiple racist events and events centered around anti-left violence, with a former member organizing the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Boy

And this is from a conservative news website
Quote:
In keeping with his stance that the Proud Boys represent a return to groups that used to play a large role in American civil society (you know, like the Shriners), founder Gavin McInnes declared the Proud Boys “normal.” All they want to do is have kids, live in the suburbs, and love America.

But patriotic suburban dads have better things to do than roam the streets of Manhattan getting into brawls with black-clad left-wingers, nor is this an activity conducive to meeting a nice girl and settling down. The atavistic impulse of the Proud Boys is straight from the movie Fight Club, in which a violent men’s group represents a revolt against banal, overly feminized bourgeois society.

The violence of the Proud Boys has additional allure to a certain audience. It can be portrayed as merely defense against Antifa goons. It is simple and requires no effort at argument or persuasion. It is taken as a symbol of strength — the Proud Boys supposedly always win their fights.

Needless to say, this is all poisonous. You can oppose Antifa without brawling with it — one mob does not justify another. Violence outside the law is always wrong. We have democratic politics exactly so political and cultural disputes can be settled without resorting to fisticuffs — or firearms and bombs. If conservatism is to represent law and order, it must anathematize and exclude advocates of bloodshed.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/gavin-mcinnes-proud-boys-poisonous-violence/
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 04:15 am
@Rebelofnj,
Quote:
According to several sources, the group seems to be inclined to use violence to meet their goals.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source #1...

Also, Gavin McInnes has not been associated with the proud boys for well over a year. This other source is inaccurate news.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 06:51 am
@maxdancona,
My son, a senior at college and an intelligent liberal wrapped it up like this:

Quote:
A sent 10 hours ago
embarrassing performance from biden

Quote:
A sent 10 hours ago
it blows my mind how weak he can come off

Quote:
A sent 10 hours ago
how hard can it be to attack this man

Quote:
A sent 10 hours ago
trump just completely talked over him

Quote:
A sent 10 hours ago
i just don't understand how we got here
maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 07:33 am
@McGentrix,
Ok... so you guys are giving cherry-picked anecdotes which just happen to be exactly what I always new they would be. What would you accept for objective data?

I trust the polling (when the polling is done scientifically). There are news outlets that I consider to be pretty good at avoiding bias. These news outlets generally reinforce what the objective polling is saying.

What would you accept as unbiased evidence on the real effect of that debate?
McGentrix

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 07:37 am
@maxdancona,
I watched it. Why would I need someone else to tell me the results of what I watched?

Is that something you need?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 07:38 am
@maxdancona,
Interesting...

Almost all viewers polls show Biden winning the debate. The one snap poll that shows Trump winning the debate is from Telemundo. The poll was of their Spanish speaking viewers.

I don't know what the hell that means.

1. Forums
  2. » Tonights Debate: Who wants to predict what new lines will be heard?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 12:45:43