Age differences.

MinDSaY

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:09 am
Please advise. Do you think 12 years is too much of an age gap?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,344 • Replies: 82
No top replies

Eva

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:14 am
Depends.

If the two people are 12 and 24, most definitely!
If the two people are 53 and 65, probably not.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 10:22 am
Exactly
I'm 46 and my husband 58, no problem
we met at 30 and 42, no problem expect for small things like the music we liked or even recognized.

If we had met at 18 and 30? Hmmmmm.

Maybe (a BIG maybe) - but probably not.
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:48 am
Hey I didn't quiet look at it that way.

My grandad was 18 years older than my gran, and it worked out. My aunty is 7 years older than my uncle and they've been married for more than 25 years...Shocked

Anymore opinions? I don't bite Razz
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 04:47 am
Nah I think it's okay. No problems in my opinion- unless it's a big deal for you and it prays on your mind, in which case the age gap is unlikely to work.. In the eyes of other people though, I think anyone who is initially concerned will get used to the idea fairly easily..
I'm trying to get my head around 30 years atm and thats quite a lot more difficult I think. Good luck.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:26 am
Eva wrote:

What if the two people are 65 and 77?

There is a reality to potential problems with a great age difference. On the other hand, if the older person is active, and has a young attitude, the problems will be minimized.

Personally, I think that the most favorable time for great age differences are in the middle years. There are difficulties in both the early and later years.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 09:23 am
Hey, I'm 41 and I've got the hots for a 25 year old. The way I see it is that we're both adults and age doesn't matter one bit to me as long as they're adults.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:09 am
Montana- The "hots" are one thing, and a lasting relationship is another. Hey, if you want his body, I say go for it, girl. Do you think that you would want to marry this guy though?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:17 am
Oh, hell no!!! I spend very long hours working right next to him and yes, I've grown to care about him and yes, he turns me on, but I know a lasting relationship would never work between us. I would love to do the wild thing with him, but when it comes right down to it, I would be very reluctant since my feelings have gotten involved and I don't want to ruin what I think is a nice friendship we have.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:32 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Eva wrote:

There is a reality to potential problems with a great age difference.

Yes, there definitely is reality to deal with. I know that the chances are I will be around long after he's gone.

That's something you need to come to grips with, and plan for that contingency.
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 11:57 am
Chai Tea wrote:

I know that the chances are I will be around long after he's gone.

I find that the hardest to think about. I mean who know's whats going to happen tommorrow... so is age really something to think about?
0 Replies

JLLLLLL

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 05:02 pm
no not really if you let people tell you that its a problem then it is a problem.... that you let them rule over what you think. you should have your own mind.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2005 05:45 pm

..firstly I myself would be grateful to have lived so long!

but no I cant see any problem at all with an age difference. Very Happy
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 04:02 am
Thank you for your replies Very Happy

One more question: Would you allow your 18 year old daughter go out with a 30 year old?
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:07 am
My cousin is 19 and she just had a baby boy (tige... pronounced tye).... he boyfriend is 36!!

My other cousin is prolly 45 now and his ex is prolly 23 and they have two kids....

I myself don't think it should happen at such a yound age....

My 19 year old cousin is miserable, she actually just left this morning to go to Washington (year bf, the 36 yr. old man, thinks she is going to oregon too see her best friend).... she and the baby are going to see her ex- fiance... and she is hoping for a spark to ignite and to leave the 36 yr. old.... If you think about it when the baby is 20 his mom will be 39 and his dad will be 56... 16 year difference.....

I mean would you go into a nursery at the age of 16 and say... aww look at that cute little baby... I am gonna impregant her some day (lol) (had to say it)

I think if you meet when you both are fully matured then it is one thing.... but when you meet at such a young age then it's not right...
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:32 am
Crazielady420 wrote:

I myself don't think it should happen at such a yound age....

My 19 year old cousin is miserable, she actually just left this morning to go to Washington (year bf, the 36 yr. old man, thinks she is going to oregon too see her best friend).... she and the baby are going to see her ex- fiance... and she is hoping for a spark to ignite and to leave the 36 yr. old.... If you think about it when the baby is 20 his mom will be 39 and his dad will be 56... 16 year difference.....

Your 19 year old cousin just does not seem ready to be in the position that shes in.

As for the age difference thing about mum and dad, well my cousin had her second child at 32...
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:36 am
She would have been very ready if she had had the baby with someone closer in age.... she is very happy with the baby... it has changed her life and matured her in many ways and way something that has helped her.... the problem is the boyfriend.. he doesn't help.. he screams at the baby and tells him to shut the f*ck up (the baby is 6 weeks old)... he want feed it or hold it but he was the one that wanted a baby so bad.... but he thinks because he is older that he is wiser and he isn't
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:39 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
She would have been very ready if she had had the baby with someone closer in age.... she is very happy with the baby... it has changed her life and matured her in many ways and way something that has helped her.... the problem is the boyfriend.. he doesn't help.. he screams at the baby and tells him to shut the f*ck up (the baby is 6 weeks old)... he want feed it or hold it but he was the one that wanted a baby so bad.... but he thinks because he is older that he is wiser and he isn't

Now thats a tricky situation. Good shes gone, but I don't think she's gone for the right reason.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 06:53 am
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2005 07:30 am
How often do 2 people meet and like each other!!

Dont worry about an age gap just go for it.
There is nothing to say that people of the same age will get on better.
0 Replies