Next door neighbors political signs

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 07:17 pm
My next door neighbor's yard is littered with anti-Trump and BLM signs. LARGE signs. Beside being an eyesore, it made me think...

I wonder how many bricks I'd get thrown through my window, or how many times my car would get keyed, or if my family would be threatened or hurt if I walked around wearing my MAGA hat, or put a Trump sign in my yard.

It really goes to show who has the power, when one side is allowed to express their beliefs without any backlash or negative social consequences.

View best answer, chosen by FreedomEyeLove
Sturgis

Reply Fri 18 Sep, 2020 11:15 pm
Such is the case where you are. It is not the same for all communities. There are at least two a2k members who have indicated they have seen plenty of Trump supporters signage in their areas. Neither of them is a Trump supporter.

So, put your sign/s up and let people know that you are not going to be held hostage by their voting preferences.
farmerman

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 09:38 pm
@Sturgis,
Im certin that Lovey is not an Amwrican to dwell on such a stupid point.

Its battling lawn signs where we are. Places where the Klan is active have lots of Trump signs on ROWa wheres Biden signs are leading in Chester County (which ued to be safely Red in all the Bush years and earlier.
0 Replies

FreedomEyeLove

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:17 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
So, put your sign/s up and let people know that you are not going to be held hostage by their voting preferences.

Your problem is that you can't think outside of your own experience, because your side is the one with all the social power.

The left is the side that's violent. Not the right. The right isn't allowed to be vocal about their politics, and if they are, the left counters with violence.

It's yet another way to silence others, a thugg tactic that the left employs.

Just tonight I wasn't able to get popcycles for my youngest son who is ill, because Walmart was forced to close by the police because violent leftists in my area are rioting YET AGAIN.

knaivete

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 01:05 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
it made me think...

0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 04:52 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:

I wonder how many bricks I'd get thrown through my window, or how many times my car would get keyed, or if my family would be threatened or hurt if I walked around wearing my MAGA hat, or put a Trump sign in my yard.

You profess to be non-white so I don't think you'll have any problems. As you know, it's only white people who are subjected to intolerance and threatened when they express their beliefs. You're good to go, man!
0 Replies

Brandon9000
  Selected Answer

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 11:59 am
I have seen several videos on YouTube of people removing Trump signs during the 2016 election campaign. Link in a video of someone removing or sabotaging a Clinton sign.
hightor

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 01:02 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I have seen several videos on YouTube of people removing Trump signs...

While I don't doubt that you may have seen this, these numbers are statistically insignificant. There are probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of political signs posted across the country. The events could have been staged, or they might all have occurred in one or two neighborhoods. And really, removing political signs, while illegal (in my state, anyway), doesn't prevent anyone from voting for the candidate of their choice. And it really improves the aesthetic qualities of roadside scenery — I'm all for tearing them all down.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 01:26 pm
@hightor,
I’ve had political posters stolen from the front garden. It’s no big deal, I phoned the local party and got another one the next day.

I didn’t feel targeted or paranoid, it’s just a by product of electioneering. It’s not like they did anything else, or are likely to.

Some people just to play victim.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 08:48 pm
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

Quote:
I have seen several videos on YouTube of people removing Trump signs...

While I don't doubt that you may have seen this, these numbers are statistically insignificant. There are probably hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of political signs posted across the country. The events could have been staged, or they might all have occurred in one or two neighborhoods. And really, removing political signs, while illegal (in my state, anyway), doesn't prevent anyone from voting for the candidate of their choice. And it really improves the aesthetic qualities of roadside scenery — I'm all for tearing them all down.

If you feel my conclusion is in error, you need only provide a link to one video of someone stealing or harming a Clinton sign.
hightor

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 02:42 am
@Brandon9000,
I don't doubt that you saw those videos. But if you believe that since you've never seen a video of someone tearing down a Clinton sign it never happened, then you are merely speculating. Absence of a video doesn't "prove" that an event never happened. I think you know that. If your point is that you think Democrats are evil campaign sign destroyers and Trump supporters would never do anything like that, you are entitled to hold that opinion.

I know for a fact that signs supporting Democrats regularly disappear during political campaigns around here. So do signs supporting Republicans and so do signs supporting various ballot measures. I doubt anyone cares enough to make a video of the activity. I'd think they'd have better things to do with their time.
FreedomEyeLove

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 03:35 am
@hightor,
I just want to be 100% clear, you CAN NOT provide a link to even one single video of someone stealing or harming a Clinton sign?

Are we clear on that?
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 09:53 am
@FreedomEyeLove,
and you cannot provide a picture of a Pleiocene North American Lugubrius trrestris but that doesnt mean they didnt exist.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 10:33 am
@hightor,
hightor wrote:

I don't doubt that you saw those videos. But if you believe that since you've never seen a video of someone tearing down a Clinton sign it never happened, then you are merely speculating. Absence of a video doesn't "prove" that an event never happened. I think you know that. If your point is that you think Democrats are evil campaign sign destroyers and Trump supporters would never do anything like that, you are entitled to hold that opinion.

I know for a fact that signs supporting Democrats regularly disappear during political campaigns around here. So do signs supporting Republicans and so do signs supporting various ballot measures. I doubt anyone cares enough to make a video of the activity. I'd think they'd have better things to do with their time.

I am astonished at how few lawn signs there are here in New Jersey.

We normally see large numbers of signs for both candidates in a presidential election. But this year...almost none. In fact, on my block there are ZERO...not a single presidential preference sign. Usually, signs for both sides abound. We have a mayoral race on...and two township council seats up for grabs. Normally there would be a sign for both sides of those races on every other house. This year...not a one.

At the end of our rather long two blocks...where the road T's at a major roadway...there is a single house across the T with a Trump sign up above the porch. It fits nicely with the flag festooned pick-up truck parked in the driveway.

"The owner must be a true patriot," he said mockingly.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 02:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
we see a lot of Trumpy signs in Rising Sun Maryland. Its the town that is HOME OF THE MARYLAND KU KLUX KLAN
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 02:21 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

we see a lot of Trumpy signs in Rising Sun Maryland. Its the town that is HOME OF THE MARYLAND KU KLUX KLAN

Aha!

I guess that figures.

How did we ever get to this, FM? It is so sad that I cannot even think of a way to remedy the situation.

I know this: If Biden wins (and I truly hope he does)...the job he will have before him will be monstrous. I think he is up to it, but it will take LOTS of heavy lifting.
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 02:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
How did we ever get to this, FM?

We got here because progressives try to destroy anyone who disagrees with them.

Frank Apisa wrote:
It is so sad that I cannot even think of a way to remedy the situation.

We need to remove progressives from society and place them in labor camps for reeducation -- like China does with those dissenters.

Frank Apisa wrote:
I know this: If Biden wins (and I truly hope he does)...the job he will have before him will be monstrous. I think he is up to it, but it will take LOTS of heavy lifting.

If Mr. Biden wins we need to impeach him and make his administration spend their entire four year term defending themselves from corruption charges.

What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
Sturgis

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 03:38 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
Quote:
Your problem is...
...your side is the one with all the social power.

Pray tell, which side would this be? Which side is supposedly mine? I've been quite open during my time at this forum of my political views. Over the decades, I've been known to vote on the left (Democrat) and the right (Republican). Even cast a vote for George W. Bush in 2000 and in 2004.

Although currently registered as a Democrat, back when I first registered I signed up as a Conservative. (it was in the 1970s).

So, remind me, which side I'm allegedly on.

Naturally, I must include the coal miners ballad...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 07:15 pm
@hightor,
In my opinion, the fact that one can easily find several videos of Trump signs being sabotaged, but none of Clinton signs being sabotaged is like taking a sample of the population. It seems unlikely if both happen in equal numbers, that there would be several videos of one but none of the other.

And, while you're at it, give me a link to a video of violent protests being held because a liberal was speaking on a college campus, because I've seen numerous videos of violence occurring because a conservative was speaking on a campus.
farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 07:31 pm
@Brandon9000,
I think your assrtion is just rather empty of fact nd evidence. Weve got a bunch of Biden signs along the Lancaster Reading route that are defaced. The owners left em up as a sign. As far as "filing it" why is that a goal??? Id it to show by some means of comparative vandalism that Trumpies are more American than Biden people??

I think the actual vandalism, on both sides, is more likely carried out by the kids of the various supporters.

I have a rather large farm property with several roads that form corners . Its in a rural area and several Trumpies had placed signs along the ROWs of my land. since theres no implied ownership rights, I merely pull em out and dump m in the trash. Ive had the Trumpy signage team put signs out three times before they "Got it" . If they can install the signs, I can pull em.Concept's Not hard to understand. Defacing the sign" naah, thats fer kids.