Any life changing decisions based on election?

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 07:52 pm
Depending on who wins this election, anyone moving? Killing themselves? Drinking poison? Quitting A2K? Burning, looting, destroying your hometown?

roger

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 08:23 pm
@McGentrix,
No. I've mostly learned to control my impulses.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 08:26 pm
@McGentrix,
Absolutely, McGentrix

I am going to call the police to report a Black person having a picnic and find a Latino kid to put in a cage.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 08:49 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

No. I've mostly learned to control my impulses.

Us old guys have that figured out.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 08:50 pm
@maxdancona,
That is if Biden wins?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 3 Nov, 2020 09:05 pm
@McGentrix,
Why? Do you think anyone here is a member of the Boogaloo Bois?
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2020 12:08 pm
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2020 09:02 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Burning, looting, destroying your hometown?

It appears that progressives are starting to rampage in Oregon.

https://twitter.com/MultCoSO/status/1324184110584135680
oralloy

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2020 09:14 pm
@oralloy,
Progressive rampages are occurring in Denver and NYC too apparently.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 4 Nov, 2020 10:59 pm
I am glad these progressive rampages are making McGentrix and Oralloy so happy. I want to keep our conservatives entertained during these difficult times.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 11:33 am
@maxdancona,
I tried to shoot myself in 2016 when Trump won. But unfortunately I missed.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 11:34 am
@RABEL222,
I want to go to Mexico...

... but now there is a big beautiful wall in the way.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 02:43 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I am glad these progressive rampages are making McGentrix and Oralloy so happy. I want to keep our conservatives entertained during these difficult times.

This will only be a difficult time if the Republicans lose both the Senate and the White House. At the moment it looks like they will lose the White House but keep the Senate.

However, that's not set in stone yet. It's still possible for Mr. Trump to win. It's still possible for the Democrats to take the Senate. Not likely, but still possible.

It did occur to me though as I was drifting off to sleep last night that perhaps these rioters could be unhappy Trump supporters. I'd assumed they were leftists because the riots seemed to be happening in leftist strongholds. It seems the riots have probably died down either way though. I don't see anything new about them today.

I got a good night's sleep last night. That was a good choice on my part. I see the same races remain uncalled and nothing changed while I was asleep.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 03:01 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Depending on who wins this election, anyone moving?

I already did that the first time around. Bought another house out of the country and my intent is to be there 1/2 the time.

Honestly? Whenever I cross the border back into the states, within the first 20 minutes something happens that makes me think "WTF am I doing here?"
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 10:52 pm
@McGentrix,
I plan to visit the grave Alexander Meigs Haig, Jr.to find out what his plans are.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 11:36 pm
@Sturgis,
oh my Gosh, how many people on this forum ever heard of Gen. Haig ahahahahahaahahahahaha

made me laugh
Sturgis

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 11:40 pm
@glitterbag,
As long as I can still get people to laugh and smile, there's still hope!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Nov, 2020 11:43 pm
@glitterbag,
The name sounds familiar. Was he one of the people who the Democrats tried to lynch after the Reagan Administration prevented them from helping Communists take over Central America?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 12:20 am
@oralloy,
No, Haig worked in the Whitehouse for Reagan. I believe your might be thinking of Iran-Contra, when Col. Oliver North sabotaged the Intel community by claiming to have White House authority to (look it up in Wikipedia, I could explain it, because I knew North during that time but I don't really want to give you a detailed account for you to just say 'oh you're wrong). Gen. Haig was a a little bit of a peacock, no one hated him, just thought he was a little toooo precious. Haig is most famously remembered as the guy who announced he was in charge when Ronald Reagan was shot. It was a sour note because he was only chief of staff, not in the line of responsibility if Reagan had died, of course we still had George Bush (41) and if he had also died or been rendered unable to serve, the Speaker of the House would have become President. The only reason this became a clinker, was Haig was a retired General and should have known better.

Personally, I don't really think he was claiming to be heir to the throne, I think he meant to reassure the nation.....unfortunately, it was a major gaff. Ollie North was pardoned by President Bush because North knew where the bodies were buried and the Intel Community view him as a traitor.
oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2020 12:37 am
@glitterbag,
I do mean Iran-Contra. The Democrats passed a law forbidding aid to the Contras because they (the Democrats) wanted Communism to conquer Central America.

Breaking this law allowed Central America to remain free of Communism.