Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead at 87

oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 10:52 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
more Republican Senators say "No", the party ends until

Even if a confirmation vote is put off until after the election, this still raises the stakes for the election.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:18 am
@oralloy,
That depends on the individual Senator. I don't see Romney or Murkowski changing their vote should Trump lose
oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:26 am
@maxdancona,
No Republican will want to give up this Supreme Court pick to the Democrats if they don't absolutely have to.

And if Senator McConnell is the new leader of the Republican Party after the election, he will be able to exercise firm control over Republican senators.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:28 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

That depends on the individual Senator. I don't see Romney or Murkowski changing their vote should Trump lose

I believe that would create a tie which Pence could break.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:35 am
@coldjoint,
Which would mean we need one more no vote for any of the possible reasons out of 50 Republican Senators.
coldjoint

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:38 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Which would mean we need one more no vote for any of the possible reasons out of 50 Republican Senators.

Not "we"
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:42 am
@maxdancona,
They need to worry about what the Republican electorate would think about them sabotaging a once in a generation (typically) chance to put a conservative on the court.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:47 am
@Brandon9000,
The term Republican electorate is interesting Senators are elected by state, and the electorate of each state is different.

And right now Trump is the definition of Republican. This is quite a bit different that what Republican meant 4 years ago. If Trump loses, no one will be clear on what "Republican" means.
oralloy

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 11:58 am
@maxdancona,
If Mr. Trump loses but the Republicans keep the Senate, Mitch McConnell will be the leader of the Republican Party. He will take charge of the party pretty quickly if that happens.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:00 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

The term Republican electorate is interesting Senators are elected by state, and the electorate of each state is different.

And right now Trump is the definition of Republican. This is quite a bit different that what Republican meant 4 years ago. If Trump loses, no one will be clear on what "Republican" means.

Republican senators are mostly elected by Republican voters and ant=y senators who would even consider not pushing another conservative onto the court need to consider how their voter pool would view them sabotaging something of this importance.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 12:19 pm
Quote:
Ruth Bader Ginsburg is DEAD and So is the Democrats’ HOPES at STEALING the ELECTION

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 02:56 pm
"If a vacancy occurs in the last year of their first term...
...I want you to use my words against me. 'Lindsey Graham said: "Let's let the next President, whoever that might be, make that nomination.".

" We're setting a precedent here today, Republicans are... "

Ah the pre-always drunken stupor days of Senator Graham. Before his fear of being outed took away his decency.

coldjoint

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2020 03:11 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

"If a vacancy occurs in the last year of their first term...
...I want you to use my words against me. 'Lindsey Graham said: "Let's let the next President, whoever that might be, make that nomination.".

" We're setting a precedent here today, Republicans are... "

Ah the pre-always drunken stupor days of Senator Graham. Before his fear of being outed took away his decency.

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw8SSQHQitg[/youtube]

Graham has explained after Kavanaugh the rules have changed. Democrats cannot work inside the framework of our Constitution. That is why they wish to destroy it. A party like that deserves no one's vote.
Quote:
Ginsburg In 2016: ‘Nothing In The Constitution’ Prevents Final Year SCOTUS Picks

https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/19/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-pick-2016/
0 Replies

longly1

Reply Sun 20 Sep, 2020 11:08 pm
@FreedomEyeLove,
"You're making the assumption that the democrats would act fairly, rationally, and ethically."

History has demonstrated that the Democrats can’t be trusted to keep their word. Remember Bill Clinton and “ Read my lips no new taxes”?

The political ideology of Supreme Court judges should not matter; they should be restricted by the Constitution, but liberals tend to not be limited anything. Our constitutional rights are only safe when conservatives are in the majority.
hightor

Reply Mon 21 Sep, 2020 02:48 am
@longly1,
longly1 wrote:
Remember Bill Clinton and “ Read my lips no new taxes”?

Fail. Epic fail.

0 Replies