Liberal, progressives love the Straw Man.

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 10:21 pm
Suppose you’re in a forum and dare question the wisdom of shouting from the rooftops about “anything goes” bedroom arrangements. The triggering begins. Some SJW accuses you of being a prude who only approves of the missionary position. You argue your point, but the dogpiling worsens. Some stranger emails you, diagnosing you as feeling guilty about sex. Those two post a nauseating duet about “tolerance”. You never actually argued against immorality; merely for keeping private things private. Disgusted, you unsubscribe; they can have their damn echo chamber to themselves.

That’s exactly what happened to me once. By overstating an opponent’s position—putting words into someone’s mouth—they “win” the debate.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,269 • Replies: 8
Topic Closed
No top replies

maxdancona

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 10:29 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
Do you see the irony in this post?

I love irony! So, I am not complaining. I am curious if you know how silly you are.
Dr Sliptinschit

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 10:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Do you see the irony in this post?

I love irony! So, I am not complaining. I am curious if you know how silly you are.

Feel free to point out the irony.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 10:48 pm
@maxdancona,
maximillius loves irony?

Who'd of thunk it?
Dr Sliptinschit

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 10:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I love irony!

You obviously also love child sniffers.
maxdancona

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 10:59 pm
@Sturgis,
Gee Sturgizzy,.are you getting into bed with Sliptinschit now?
Sturgis

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 11:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Even though such an activity would make you insanely envious, the answer is no. Truly, he's much more to your style.
maxdancona

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 11:06 pm
@Dr Sliptinschit,
For the slow kids... Let's explain why this is funny

This post is whining about progressive stawmen. But this post is itself a straw man of progressives. This would be funny enough as a parody, but it isn't a parody.... which makes it unintentionally funny (which is even funnier).
0 Replies

maxdancona

Mon 3 Aug, 2020 11:10 pm
@Sturgis,
I used to think that Sturgis was Izzy's minion. Now it looks like in his quest to please what he sees as a strong male figure, he just jumps in with whatever snarling jackass happens to be throwing nasty insults
0 Replies