Masks vs. Lockdown

gollum

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 09:49 am
If the U.S. could obtain 100% or near compliance on masks, would that obviate the need for lockdowns, etc.?

mark noble

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:01 am
@gollum,
'Lockdowns' are the 1st-stage of desensitising the public (Herd-mindset) into a 'control-of-movement' paradigm.
They have Nothing to do with fluvid.

It's All orchestrated.

Curfews-pending, shortly:)

Have a Lovely Day
farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:14 am
@mark noble,
Weve just herd an opinion from your Shamanistic contingent.(Mostly of you are mere morons sprinkled with a few choice idiots)

choose the one tht best represents you.

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:19 am
@gollum,
They did a stat analysis of % mask wearing . If botth sides wore effective masks (not the chin warmers we see a lot in public). The effective results were almost 88%. Its been found also that wering a mask doies confer a bit of protection to the wearer, (besides its main effectivenss at preventing droplets and aerosols from affecting others.
mark noble

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:20 am
@farmerman,
Possibly - But I did manage to make you mis-spell 'heard'...

Beware of shamanic influences (Mind - What you read!

I'm being quite serious with my prior post - Time will Tell.

Have a Lovely Day
farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:24 am
@mark noble,
you too, dont burn too much incense toy.

I always misspell words, usually its just my left hand that fucks up, thats the one with most fingers missing
mark noble

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 10:33 am
@farmerman,
What's an 'incense toy', please?
Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman-

Thank you
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:32 pm
@gollum,
That has been the strategy in Japan, they did not do a large scale economic shutdown but they did adopt masks very early on. If you can get the number of new people infected from each current patient down far below 1.0, the virus dies out over time. Masks look pretty effective in doing that.
farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:36 pm
@engineer,
Japan is a mask -up nation , true, but its also anation where many prefectures are separate islands and controlling ingress and egress is accomplished at airports and ferry slips.

How has Hawaii been doing?
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:37 pm
@engineer,
Viruses don't die. (They were never alive initially)
They have 2 states - Active & Dormant.
Once they are within a host - It's for life.

Enjoy your vaccine. And hope your immune-system never deteriorates to the point of vaccinal-induced reanimation.

Have a Lovely Day
oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 01:54 pm
gollum wrote:
If the U.S. could obtain 100% or near compliance on masks, would that obviate the need for lockdowns, etc.?

It would greatly reduce the need for lockdowns. It is possible that in extreme cases a lockdown would still be needed.

However, such lockdowns would be much rarer, much more localized, and much shorter in duration.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:01 pm
@mark noble,
I see youre a fan of conspiracy newslines. Bubonic plague, rabies, Polio and several other viral infections remain also. You seem to have no understanding nor respect for medical research. Waht year school did you complete??
Ive been reading that with gene editing certain virus can be mutated out of their virulent status. Im not sure thats a good ide because if we engineer the virus and it makes a small mutation in a host with its own bit of luck, it could have a swell time re infecting the un protected portion of the population.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 02:33 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Curfews- pending, shortly.

Curfew Must Not Ring Tonight. A wonderful poem which Mother often read aloud when I was a youth.

Have a suitably satisfactory evening.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 05:42 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble-

Thank you

How about if it is not within a living body? Does it become dormant and then cease to exist at some point (e.g., 1 week, 2 weeks).
mark noble

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 08:05 am
@gollum,
Alledgedly, back in early March - Some fella Had it 27 days after his last (Possible) human interaction...

Without a suitable host, allowing for ACE2-Interface, a virus breaks down, materially.
And becomes redundant.

Have a Lovely Day
engineer

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 09:03 am
@gollum,
You do know that not all responses are equal here, right? We have a cadre of conspiracy theorist that routinely post unscientific responses. Please take all responses with a grain of salt.
mark noble

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 09:21 am
@engineer,
Those whose opinions and views that equate not unto mine
'A 'cadre' of conspiracy'
A little less 'divine'
By 'pinch o salt', imbue them
Heed my creeds' design
For I am taught
By those who fought
To keep the herd
In-line

Have a Lovely Day
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2020 03:43 am
@mark noble,
mark noble-

Thank you

"virus breaks down, materially.
And becomes redundant."

If that is not dying, what is it?
RABEL222

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2020 07:27 pm
@gollum,
It doesn't die out, it just becomes inopperable.
0 Replies