Republicans Are Social Distancing from (Trump)

coldjoint

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 04:56 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
with that silly "testing is the reason for the rise in cases"

It is not silly. If you test more you will find more infected people that do not even know they have it. That is how mild it can be.

The fact is deaths are not increasing like CNN says. Again,99.7% survive.
oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 06:15 pm
@Real Music,
Politico wrote:
At each bonkers juncture, Trump could always depend on his Republican allies to look away, say they hadn't seen the president's crazed tweet, or concoct an elaborate defense of Trump's asininity, as Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas did on the Greenland purchase idea. Cotton published a New York Times op-ed praising the geopolitical brilliance of the suggested transaction.

Purchasing Greenland is actually an excellent idea.

We shouldn't bully Denmark into selling against their will. But simply making them an offer is perfectly fine.

We should also reach an agreement with Australia to start basing ICBMs there.
farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 07:02 pm
@oralloy,
what metric are you using to reach the opinion that we should buy greenlnd??

farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 07:09 pm
@coldjoint,
Tracing a-symptomatics (wed call em "carriers") only benefits the big orange faced POTUS by allowing even more sensitive populations to become infected and die and maintain ing his ability to avert our gaze from facts and divert our attention to stupid shithead issues like defunding the post office qnd arguing to postpone elections.

I used to think some of you were smart enough to tell the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. NOW?? Ive gone 180
oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 07:39 pm
@farmerman,
We're not the ones who have to rely on childish insults instead of facts and logic.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 07:40 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
what metric are you using to reach the opinion that we should buy greenland??

Look at all that usable land once the poles warm and the ice melts.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:10 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
allowing even more sensitive populations to become infected and die

No he is not. People around those sensitive populations have the responsibility to take the extra care, not Trump. It was Democratic governors that killed seniors. The facts are in Trump's favor. Too bad facts do not interest you.
farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:28 pm
@coldjoint,
people take advice and counsel from their leaders. Thats a fact. Trump has been so derelict in his duties as trusted counsel. After all Hes the fuckin president . His cadre of Dimwit governors has been almost single handedly been responsible for the recent surges of covid and for the reason we are the worlds leader in infection and deaths.

GODDAM but youre a stubborn moron. Even the NY Post, WSJ and Fox have been joining the ""distancing" ever since Trump has abrogated his responsibilities in the entire covid pandemic and is now running like a scared kid to try to find something else to which he can divert our attention, like whining about delaying the election..
coldjoint

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:37 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Trump has been so derelict in his duties as trusted counsel.

No he has not. People have refused to listen and criticized everything he said. Big Tech is censoring anything that suggests he maybe right about a lot of things.

You choose to listen to the media and glorified bureaucrats like Fauci. You are not interested in the truth.

Quote:
like a scared kid to try to find something else to which he can divert our attention, like whining about delaying the election..

That is no more than a talking point that you are using to deflect the fact Trump did a good job. Your hero Fauci said he did.
farmerman

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2020 11:51 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:

No he has not. People have refused to listen and criticized everything he said.
This is Donakd J Trump of whom you speak?? Is your Trump the the same guy who called the pandemic a hoax by the Dem party, and who said it would be a beautiful Easter because the Covid-19 would be gone?. Or the same DJT who suggested we ingest disinfectant? or who said whoever wanted a test would get a test? Or who poo pooed wearing masks?

Boy youve got a creative mind to be proud of . You can post lies on a typewriter and make believe they're facts.

Please try being truthful for a bit. Ive watched the same tv and have been smacked in the gob by this POS president and his abilities of prevarication.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 12:06 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
the same guy who called the pandemic a hoax by the Dem party

He never said that. If you expect to reply to a lie you are wrong again.
Quote:
Or the same DJT who suggested we ingest disinfectant?

Another lie.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 05:27 am
@coldjoint,
hello , Earth to pinky. Reality calling. Apparently you cannot even distinguish facts from your own opinions. How do you call the above untrue when weve seen the DJT state these and many ohers on the screen?
Are you that much a trump "believer" no matter what is the truth? WOW.

justaguy2

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 06:24 am
@farmerman,
Given how divided your country is right now, it's very likely the vote will be close. I don't believe it will be a landslide either way. It's also true that a lot can happen between now and the actual election date, and that 4 months or thereabouts is a long time in politics.

While you could look at the polls and say that biden is likely to win based on that, as we saw in 2016, polls can be very wrong too. So I personally I would take the polls (whatever poll it is you want to talk about) with a grain of salt.

The bottom line is: while some here (on both sides of the political argument) are blinded by their political allegiances; I personally try to base my opinions on actual evidence. And given once again how divided your country is right now, there isn't enough evidence in either direction to be able to even take a meaningful guess as to who's going to win out of trump and biden. I can tell you that it will be the undecided voter that will determine who the next US president will be. And most of them likely won't make up their minds until much closer to the actual election taking place, if not on the day itself. It's also true that at least some Sanders supporters will likely vote for trump rather than biden, like they did in 2016. But again, right now it's impossible for anyone to even guess which way it's going to go, unless you own a crystal ball.

And even Republicans in tough seats still have to be careful not to alienate trump supporters. Because you have to remember that the most loyal trump supporters don't really care about the party, they care about trump getting back in, and trump is a republican "president" at the end of the day, not a democrat "president". And there's no way they are going to vote for a democrat that supports biden instead of trump. More importantly, the republicans need a majority in both houses to control both houses, which means smooth sailing for trump's bill's getting through.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 11:31 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Apparently you cannot even distinguish facts from your own opinions.

Trump never called the virus a hoax. Produce a quote where he did. It was taken out of context like his bleach comment. It is you who cannot recognize a lie, so you repeat them. They are still lies.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 11:41 am
@coldjoint,
yes he did and youre not worth the powder to blow yer nose. You are posting **** and you know you herd him say it and youre just a denier of facts .
Youre just like him a dishonest dipshit.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 11:50 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You are posting **** and you know you herd him say it and youre just a denier of facts .

A good word for you. You are part of the herd that believes lies taken out of context, not me. I have asked you to produce quotes proving what you say, where are they?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 11:54 am
@justaguy2,
what you say i perfectly true. But, ince its a responsibility of the electoral college , vote pluralities are less important than identifying key vulnerable precincts.
Remember Hillary actually WON the plurality of the popular vote by a good margin but Trump handlers worked th targeted states in the rust belt and did the "math" where the most "Purple states" determined the electoral outcome. Also, with the exception of only 3 states, the elector are chosen by a "winner take all electoral votes" rather than electoral percentages . "Winner take all" is not even in the US Constitution, its a state thing. I feel that its a bad way to elect since its political MACHINE driven.
HAd e votes been assigned according to the percentages won in ach state, Hillary would have won by 12 votes.

Im sure youre right and I fear a close election, but I believe that Pa is safely in Bidens cmp because Trump is an anathema based on his lack of delivery of his promises and the way he abandoned the state. I think Wisconsin is close to being in the BIDEN camp also.
Im reading Terry Madonnas opinions as he plays Nostradamus of the election. He picked it last time based upon Pa and ho Hillary did NOT visit the center state regions while Trump staffers got him to show up at rallies.

Now Trump seems to be imploding as the bag of gas he is.
Everyone has been able to see what a liar he is and what a narcissistic self dealer who only cares how he can get what he can OUT of this country.

coldjoint

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 12:05 pm
@farmerman,

Quote:
Now Trump seems to be imploding as the bag of gas he is.

How many times have we heard that? I can't count the times the media said Trump is finished, Trump will resign, Trump will be impeached. All dishonest prattle from desperate people and has yet to come to anything.

The gas, and the gas lighting, is coming from the Left.
farmerman

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 12:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Have yoou been watching your leader on You Tube?? That i not the speech pattern of a sane guy
coldjoint

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2020 12:14 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
That i not the speech pattern of a sane guy

And Biden?
0 Replies