Prove reading and suggestion

hoachen

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 05:50 pm
Hello, everyone. I need somebody to prove reading for me of my eassy! I don't have friend to prove reading for me so i turn to this forum hope i can find some help with my eassy.

if anybody interest please email me at [email protected]
I can't post it here because there were three pages long and is about computer science internship.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,224 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Wy

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:42 am
It's proofreading, always with an f and always one word (although you can just say proof, as in, "Will you proof this for me?")... and essay.

One of your sentences might read better as, "I don't have a friend to proofread for me, so I'm turning to this forum."

Rather than working through email, why don't you post a portion of your essay -- a few paragraphs. Then we can help you with that, and you can try applying our suggestions to other parts.
0 Replies

hoachen

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 01:53 pm
great idea, I though one might want to read the entire essay to be understand what i am talking about. Well, here is the first part of the essay.

INTRODUCTION
ABC Recruiting is a healthcare-staffing firm located in Columbia, Missouri, which specializes in recruiting physicians for hospitals, clinics, and other health care providers. ABC Recruiting is not just localized here in Missouri, but throughout the entire United States. For over XX years ABC Recruiting has been providing healthcare and medical facilities with the highest quality staff and the best customer service in the industry. At present, the company has thirty plus employees in XX states.

PROJECT DEFINATION AND SIGNIFICATION
The company's outstanding customer service has been recognized by institutions both in locally and nationwide. This professional recognition is not easy to achieve because healthcare-recruiting business is a very competitive field nowadays. In order to be a top competitor in this field require not only not only strong and flexible customer relationships, but also providing an informative website. The re-design ABC Recruiting website definitely stands out as an additional resource for physicians and other health-care providers. Physicians and health-care providers gets latest news on current health care trends, career opportunities, open positions, the benefits, and short, easy-to-use online information request form over the internet at anywhere anytime. On the previous website, there were a number of drawback effects, such as the website was relatively unattractive, has limited information or no information for physicians and health-care providers, health-care related topic was constantly out of date and not very informative. The in-house implementation and maintenance happens in a relatively disorganized and poorly documented. Unlike the old website, the re-design website are features on user friendly, informative and easy to debug, maintenance, and future enhancements. TO BE CONTINUE…..

Wy wrote:
It's proofreading, always with an f and always one word (although you can just say proof, as in, "Will you proof this for me?")... and essay.

One of your sentences might read better as, "I don't have a friend to proofread for me, so I'm turning to this forum."

Rather than working through email, why don't you post a portion of your essay -- a few paragraphs. Then we can help you with that, and you can try applying our suggestions to other parts.
0 Replies

hoachen

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:26 pm
proof reading and suggestion
INTRODUCTION
ABC Recruiting is a healthcare-staffing firm located in Columbia, Missouri, which specializes in recruiting physicians for hospitals, clinics, and other health care providers. ABC Recruiting is not just localized here in Missouri, but throughout the entire United States. For over XX years ABC Recruiting has been providing healthcare and medical facilities with the highest quality staff and the best customer service in the industry. At present, the company has thirty plus employees in XX states.

PROJECT DEFINATION AND SIGNIFICATION
The company's outstanding customer service has been recognized by institutions both in locally and nationwide. This professional recognition is not easy to achieve because healthcare-recruiting business is a very competitive field nowadays. In order to be a top competitor in this field require not only not only strong and flexible customer relationships, but also providing an informative website. The re-design ABC Recruiting website definitely stands out as an additional resource for physicians and other health-care providers. Physicians and health-care providers gets latest news on current health care trends, career opportunities, open positions, the benefits, and short, easy-to-use online information request form over the internet at anywhere anytime. On the previous website, there were a number of drawback effects, such as the website was relatively unattractive, has limited information or no information for physicians and health-care providers, health-care related topic was constantly out of date and not very informative. The in-house implementation and maintenance happens in a relatively disorganized and poorly documented. Unlike the old website, the re-design website are features on user friendly, informative and easy to debug, maintenance, and future enhancements. TO BE CONTINUE…..
0 Replies

Wy

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 02:14 pm
Lessee...

Introduction -- introduction to what? This paragraph sounds like you're going to tell me about a healthcare staffing firm, but most of the next paragraph sounds like you'll be discussing website design. This is my major problem with these two paragraphs.

If this is about the staffing firm, I'd make just a few changes ... take out the location and change

"ABC Recruiting is not just localized here in Missouri, but throughout the entire United States. For over XX years ABC Recruiting has been providing healthcare and medical facilities with the highest quality staff and the best customer service in the industry."

to
"ABC Recruiting, with branches throuought the United States, has been providing healthcare and medical facilities with the highest quality staff and the best customer service in the industry."

Put the location back:
"At present, the company has thirty-plus (or, more formally, "more than thirty") employees in XX states, including five (or however many) here at its Columbia, Missouri, offices."

Next para, changes in red:

PROJECT DEFINITION AND SIGNIFICATION? Significance? This paragraph tells me nothing about the project. Was the project "improving ABC Recruiting customer service" or "redesigning ABC's website"? The paragraph head is "Project Definition" yet the paragraph does not define the project.
The company's outstanding customer service has been recognized by institutions both take out "in" locally and nationwide. This professional recognition is not easy to achieve because the healthcare-recruiting business is a very competitive field delete nowadays. To be a top competitor in this field requires not only not only strong and flexible customer relationships, but also delete providing an informative website. The re-design of ABC Recruiting's website remove definitely stands out as an additional resource for physicians and other health-care providers. Physicians and health-care providers (find a way to not repeat these exact words) get delete "s", add "the" latest news on current health care trends, career opportunities, open positions, change "the" to "and" benefits; and obtain a short, easy-to-use online information request form over the internet, anywhere and anytime. On the previous website, there were a number of drawback effects, such as the website was relatively unattractive, has limited information or no information for physicians and health-care providers, health-care related topic was constantly out of date and not very informative. The in-house implementation and maintenance happens in a relatively disorganized and poorly documented. (Why do you want to go into these drawbacks here? Is your essay meant to teach people about ABC Recruiting or to discuss flaws in website design? If you want to teach about ABC, take all this stuff out! If you want to discuss good/bad website design, move this stuff out of this paragraph and deal with it one item at a time.) Unlike the old website, the re-designed website delete "are" features delete on user friendly, informative and easy to delete "debug, maintenance, and future enhancements." add "maintain features, as well as the ability to add future enhancements." (Again, are you talking about the medical recruiters or the website?)

0 Replies