My husband has a female friend.

flo111

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 11:32 am
My husband has a female friend who he met walking at work 10 months ago. I have caught him lying in regards to his whereabouts. He calls her every morning from his cell phone. He insists they are friends. And they talk about work related issues during.

He has always gravitates to women. My husband is the quiet type except around woman.

I can't see the tree tops through the forest.

Thank you for helping.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,877 • Replies: 8
No top replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 11:50 am
Hi flo111, welcome to A2K.

Other than the lying about his whereabouts, I would say that men and women can be friends and nothing untoward come of it. I've had male friends for years, and my husband has female friends. There are many kinds of friends from basic acquaintances to 'friends with benefits'. Was he with her when he wasn't where he said he'd be? What did he say when you found him out? It does sound a bit fishy and I tend not to be overly suspicious.

They work together and he calls her from his cell phone when he's not at work? Seems a bit excessive. Why can't he wait until he's at the office before he talks to her to discuss work? Or, is he her manager and needs to give her direction in the morning before he gets to the office?

I wouldn't assume they're having an affair, but it does seem as if his interest and contact with her is over the top unless he has valid business reasons for extra contact.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:10 pm
Re: My husband has a female friend.
flo111 wrote:
My husband has a female friend who he met walking at work 10 months ago. I have caught him lying in regards to his whereabouts. He calls her every morning from his cell phone. He insists they are friends. And they talk about work related issues during.

He has always gravitates to women. My husband is the quiet type except around woman.

I can't see the tree tops through the forest.

Thank you for helping.

Forgive me, but I don't see any question that you are asking here and therefore don't have a clue where to begin "helping". What is it you are looking for regarding help?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 04:36 pm
I get what you are saying......its all fine to have buddies from the opposite sex...but I dont talk to any of my friends every morning on my cell, if it was supposedly work related , why cant he wait until he gets to work? I think if you have the slightest gut feeling there is something just not quite right here.....you are more than likely to be correct!
As for already catching him out lying on his where abouts, I would not be a happy chappy......my advice is to confront him about it and tell him you dont feel very comfortable in him calling this woman....or if they are such great 'friends', get him to invite her over for dinner or a bbq so you can meet his new friend...that will tell you al lot by his reaction! :wink:
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 11:37 am
Flo--

How often and under what circumstances has he lied concerning his wearabouts?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:23 pm
I find it unlikely he doesn't have feelings for her.

I think you would be the best judge of whether she is just a friend.

And even if you're wrong, your concerns should be your husbands concerns. If he won't talk about it, or if he gets defensive, that is just further evidence against him.

Overall though, if you suspect something, you need to communicate with him, or you could just make things worse.
0 Replies

Mintcake

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 05:22 am
Awesome idea about the bbq kiwichick! hahaha. Good one.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:56 am
I absolutely agree with inviting her over.

My husband and I both have friends of the opposite sex, and you can be sure all have been to our house for dinners and coversation afterward.

Have her over and feel out the vibes.

TRUST YOUR GUT!
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:29 pm
cheers! mintcake... Very Happy
0 Replies