Three things about nimh

Diane

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2005 06:30 pm
EWell now you need to post a picture of yourself before we can answer questions relating to your appearance. Besides, I've wondered what you look like for a long time.

Dys and I are going on a little trip--I'll be interested to see what others' answers are to your last list of questions. Without going through the entire list, you have always seemed serious, yet fun loving, conscientious-maybe too much so--let others do some of the work, and insecure--which to me isn't off-putting since so many men are obnoxiously arrogant. But you say you're arrogant, hmmmm. Insecurely arrogant???

For pity's sake, you're a really wonderful young man who worries too much!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 08:00 am
Diane wrote:
EWell now you need to post a picture of yourself before we can answer questions relating to your appearance. Besides, I've wondered what you look like for a long time.

Ehm ...

link

<runs away blushing>

(oh i'm only ever arrogant in debate, by the way - thats the answer to that contradiction!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 11:51 am
nimh wrote:
<runs away blushing>

ok, the kicky idea doesn't seem to be sinking in.
maybe we need to call in the BigSlap
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 05:45 pm
Hey, nimh, where's the 2005 picture?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 09:55 pm
Yeah?!

Way too busy now and need to get to bed, but note for later:

Filters.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 10:12 pm
I'd forgotten you'd had blue hair, nimh.

(Not really ... how could I have forgotten that? Laughing )
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 10:26 pm
Too smart

Too kind

Too far to visit
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2005 10:34 pm
Okay, I just read the rules to this thread. Let me think ............

1. You are usually very thorough and correct when you post regarding a topic. 2. Your politics are all screwed up.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 12:51 am
First time I have seen nimh's pic....

What a waste... Tsk Tsk Twisted Evil
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 04:39 am
LOL Tico!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:01 am
nimh wrote:
But you wouldnt mind a kiss and a caress by now, you know

Well, there was the kissing part and stuff, btw ... <smiles>

but oddly, it did not improve my mood, which has been in the drain the past coupla days. <nods>
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:14 am
Yay?

Oh, the filters thing:

Though this has moved on now, the opening was going to be about how annoying my "courteous sidestepping" was. :-D It was, wasn't it? And that's a negative of mine, I have a heckuva time ditching filters. With very few exceptions, I'm always thinking, "Well, but what if someone sees this who would be hurt by it? Well, what if this could be taken wrong? Well, what if..." <shaking head>

I think you're similar. You tend to be more open than I am about personal stuff, things going on in your life, less filters there. But I think you're similarly allergic to saying something that could maybe be taken wrong, could maybe hurt someone's feelings, etc., etc.

Some good things about it, some bad things.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:19 am
Yup.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:27 am
What kinda spoilt last night, btw, was that after an hour or so on a parkbench by the water after the party (how romantic) and a stop at her place, i walked home, all confident, and decided to drop in at the cafe where eh, one of those other girls worked ... they'd already closed, wrapping up, so just a short chat, and when she asked what i was gonna do this weekend and said she didnt know what she was doing yet, i asked if she wanted to go to the movies on sat - and she said no. (well, she said, "i dont know what the programme [for the weekend] is yet, but thank you").

So even on the night of finally getting to kiss this girl, i still managed to be rejected by another as well ... quite a feat huh? Razz
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:50 am
Ouch!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:00 am
(that hour in the park was after a party, btw, just so you're not wondering what that was about ... )
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 11:18 am
anyway, i suppose that was just my punishment for being too greedy ... Mr. Green

(now homegirl can never get to log in to this site, btw Razz)

also - well, it was really cute actually - we get along so easily, and here we're talking about something, sittin there, downtown, by the water - or about ourselves i guess, and she's fessing up how she's a bit of a control freak, i'm all: well you waited for me to ask you out!, and she: well and about time! i'd already given up by then, there's only so far you can go without getting any sign back or anything, you know! - heh, there you go, see - totally not in charge of the impression I make.

so anyway, it was one of those funny conversations, except that there was something odd still. me: "we're crazy - we're talking like we've been together for three years and i haven't even kissed you". she, pouting, "no-o.." ... (tap, tap) ...

OK, so i already said not taking charge was a minus of mine, right? anyway, so we kissed. and some more and some longer. cute, eh?

Except that - I dunno. Today I'm having these uh-uh something-went-wrong she's-totally-turned-off now feelings - without much specific cause or anything. Just that she didnt, like, spontaneously enthusiastically headed this way first thing in the morning or anything. Or at all, until just now (a bit ill/feverish).

And then there's the whole thing where i'm wondering why I'm all insecure about whether this is a oh-dear next morning or not when, you know - she's cute and nice but i even went and asked another girl out on a date the same night, so who am i to talk?

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmm

Being nervous and a bit insecure goes with dating I suppose, but I'm not sure whether I even want to get into any of this right now - perhaps even ready to give the kiss & caress up for it. Still, it'd be a pity if nothing happens. Then again, I think I felt like this ("uh-oh, I'm not looking good on the morning after") the day after I took her out for dinner too - and that very afternoon she looked me up and made very clear that all was right ... so, whatever.

Plus, here I am yet again focusing all my thoughts (fretful thoughts even) on what the other might think & want - gettin into gear to make sure I measure up - whereas, what do I want? Why am I even fretting when - ok, she's cute - but its not like I fell head over heels in love or anything - and thats a good thing at this point, too. So what the dealio?

<grumpy at himself>

"more open about personal stuff" eh, Soz? Razz 'k, y'all had your laugh and your deja vu experience about once-upon-a-time ... next week, on this show:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 12:25 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Ouch!

Heh - well, the whole exchange was in Hungarian, so that added a degree of obfuscation that softened the blow ... ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 08:31 pm
Wow, poor nimh.

Maybe, if you want to ease yourself back into dating, you should try to not make moves on two girls in one night....?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 05:04 am
Hehheh, pretty much Razz

Feeling better about it all today tho. That girl in the cafe is still great, she's introduced me to a lotta people, she's always happy to see me - very practical friend to have when you're in a new country.

And then there's the girl I was kissing, too, after all ...

Doin' better than others in the same situation here Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:18:01