Three things about nimh

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:03 am
Piffka wrote:
- Doesn't seem to experience it so much as observe it. Makes me sad.

That's quite deep. And it's true, I suppose. <nods>

Otherwise - cmon folks, you people are slacking on the negatives. "We are not worthy" - come on. I know that I can be exasperating. It's just that I usually think I'm exasperating in things that people tend to turn out not to give a damn about -- and then, apparently, I am exasperating in ways that I just dont get, leading to people sometimes totally turning off from me and I dont know what I did. That in turn is exasperating to me - the whole, "whatdido, whatdido?" thing.

Apparently I'm not in control of the impression I make. I'll feel great - and nobody even deigns me a look (like last night, grumble). I feel boring or ordinary - and people are real nice. Just arbitrary, it seems. Relationships are different (with their own volatilities - bring on the minuses for "sensitive"), I'm just talking casual acquaintances now, strangers and people you occasionally meet. Like you folks, kinda.

(Of course I know that even your impressions wouldnt solve it all, since I'm obviously different here than irl - I tend to be a lot more agressive here for example, in Politics that is, than I'd ever be irl. But thats a whole different can of worms altogether again.)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:09 am
realjohnboy wrote:
If you happen to be inclined to follow the political threads where nimh often hangs out, you will note that he:
a) Tends to post pretty, complicated charts
b) Tends to post pretty complicated charts

LOL!

sozobe wrote:
Something I thought of last night and wanted to get down, though:

Not sure if it goes better here or on the other thread where you mentioned it, will put here because it's the stated reason for the thread. The fact that someone has a completely wrong-headed view of you is not necessarily your fault, even if that person is very close/ presumably knows you well.

I know what you are talking about - and thank you for your take <nods>. And for the personal comparison re: your father. Lord knows I could have done with an E.G. by my side at times. <nods>

ehBeth wrote:
tells us what's on his mind

doesn't tell us enough about his bodily functions (if kickyness is a goal)

Hehhehheh - that whole post made me smile Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:11 am
Ok, a negative: you've never once, in all times we've gotten together, made it to a gathering. <grin>

Other than that, I can't see any negatives.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:23 am
Hey - you're over there in Boston!

But - if I ever make it to the US (you know, moving in with Soz and EG or sumting), I'll visit Boston, promise. 'K, either Boston or San Francisco (hey, its said to be cute)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:32 am
extremely smart

quite sensative

lives too far away for people to meet.... Shocked
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:34 am
nimh - san fran is cute, but so is boston. you should visit both.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:44 am
Well, I dont know anyone in SF (yet - there's this girl, but she's here now), so it'd be Boston ...

but I'm afraid a US trip is not on the cards tho, anyhow ...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:45 am
Ah well.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:47 am
I went to amsterdam
I went hither,
nimh went yon.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 08:49 am
[That is really the most negative one could post - espescially that thus dys could get rid of me for a couple of days.]
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 01:00 pm
Meanwhile, if kickyness is a goal, here's an ethical dilemma for you all to ponder. A hypothetical ethical dilemma you see.

Say - I mean, suppose - you are not looking for any kind of relationship or emotional involvement like that, mostly because you still love someone you cant/wont be with. But you wouldnt mind a kiss and a caress by now, you know - if you find someone charming, pretty, engaging and attractive. Whatcha do?

Now say, you think you found someone whose definitely pretty much that. Or, like - three.

Now say, hypothetically speaking, there's one you're almost definitely sure wants you too. And she's real cute. But you know, the other two - they definitely seem to really like you too - but whether it's like, great-new-friend "like" or more than that, impossible to tell right now. Could definitely be - but could also easily not be.

Whatcha do?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 02:48 pm
oi. Still hung up on Anastasia? You need to find someone who will agree to be a rebound fling. They're not always easy to find, but they're out there.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 02:53 pm
Some men are different, littlek.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 02:58 pm
Of course some are, but nimh said he's still in love with someone he can't be with. How do you suppose that would affect any relationship he develops now? I think part of the way to get over someone is to spend time with someone else. It wouldn't be fair to go into a relationship with someone without telling them where your head's at.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:02 pm
Well, I suppose, I suppose, you are right.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 03:08 pm
Ninh is likely no more able to control the impression he makes on others - over the long term - than are any of us here. Personality finds its way to the surface even on the web.

Nimh is even-tempered, thoughtful, generally very considerate of others, and has strong analytical skills.

A bit too interested in arcane statustical nuances for my more impatient nature. Compared to me a bit left wing in his politics ( a large crowd over there). In both matters many would call these virtues too.

Nimh is one of the bright lights on the political threads. We don't agree much, but I do like and respect him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 06:49 pm
nimh wrote:
Meanwhile, if kickyness is a goal, here's an ethical dilemma for you all to ponder. A hypothetical ethical dilemma you see.

If kickyness is a goal, there is no ethical dilemna. It's about getting your groove thang on. <nods like a sage old woman>

Told ya - too much brain work, not enough mmmm bodily functions. You need to get more active in farting threads and the like. <if kickyness is a goal>
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 06:55 pm
Can we get some more of these threads going so that I cease being tempted into the political foray?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 07:10 pm
<nods sagely along with ehBeth>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2005 02:51 am
ehBeth wrote:
If kickyness is a goal, there is no ethical dilemna. It's about getting your groove thang on. <nods like a sage old woman>

Told ya - too much brain work, not enough mmmm bodily functions.

Hey, I thought getting all exhibitionist about which girl yes which girl no and how and when and who would launch me into Kickyesque categories .. I woulda at least expected a "Whoa, whoa, whoa - hold on a minute there!" to this:

nimh wrote:
Now say, you think you found someone whose definitely pretty much that. Or, like - three.

I can tell ya it had me grinning gleefully, anyway - and I'm not just talking about the post, either Razz

See, I have bizarrely little control over how I come across. I get all frisky, y'all get all serious <frowns>

Perhaps its cause I come across so serious all of the time (is that really true?) that it just doesnt get picked up when I'm all grins, instead?

My big revelation (not) about the party saturday night on the other thread got naught but an intimidated silence too. I really gotta work on that Kickyness thing <nods>
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:55:25