+keen observer of people
+appreciates diversity
+wry sense of humor
+/- sensitive
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 10:35 pm
What's WRONG with sensitive?

Better than boors with the hide of rhinocerii!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 12:30 am
- Looks just like he did 20 years ago (and probably will look the same 20 years from now).
- Articulate
- If there was a yellow avatar club, he'd join (or probably start it).
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 01:17 am
One negative thing which I feel (and I may be wrong) is that you are far too nice. And nice people can always be gullible and can be taken for a ride. I think you need to toughen up a bit.

And yeah, the fact that you are still straight (but I count that more of a failure on my part) Twisted Evil
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:25 am
(types out what he thought walking to work)

+ eager to be edged on to horizonbroadening experiments
- rarely the first to undertake them

+ painfully honest
- vainly exhibitionist (see this thread); plain rude
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 04:28 am
oh my god.

i hadnt looked at the news yet.

thats terrible.

<goes off googling>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:34 am
tells us what's on his mind

doesn't tell us enough about his bodily functions (if kickyness is a goal)

~~~~~~~

attractive

doesn't post enough pix of himself being silly (if kickyness is a goal)

~~~~~~~

a good student. thorough in preparing his assignments

doesn't spend enough time shooting spitballs in class (if kickyness is a goal)

~~~~~~~~~
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:43 am
Yes, I'm just kind of making a loop between Yahoo and steve's thread and miscellaneous other news resources.

Something I thought of last night and wanted to get down, though:

Not sure if it goes better here or on the other thread where you mentioned it, will put here because it's the stated reason for the thread. The fact that someone has a completely wrong-headed view of you is not necessarily your fault, even if that person is very close/ presumably knows you well.

I've had a difficult relationship with my dad for a long time, for a lot of reasons. At some point, he decided that the problems were not anything to do with him or things he had done, but because I am a generally angry person. That losing my hearing had made me twisted and bitter, and that it was just kind of directed outwards and he happened to be in the path.

He tried that out on me and I was like, ummm. (I mean, "What the hell are you talking about??" doesn't really work in that context.) Then he tried it out on E.G. and he (E.G.) burst into incredulous laughter. Heh.

Anyway, if it wasn't for E.G. saying "she's the least angry person I've ever met!!" and variations of "pshaw!", I might have taken it to heart. Doesn't mean it was true -- it was just the worldview that worked for him (my dad) best at the moment.

So, while we don't know the exact content of course, I feel somewhat comfortable saying "pshaw!"
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 07:46 am
Brilliant, well read.
Politically aware.
Writes beautifully about his love life.

Doesn't mention his personal feelings about political situations.
Doesn't stop arrogant fools quickly enough when they are abusing his good nature.

Asks us to complete an assignment that is impossible because there are no real negatives that are drawbacks to NIMH, only negatives that make him more interesting--otherwise he would be toooo nice.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:05 am
A man of wit and charm and over-scrupulous self-doubt.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:16 am
+ Provides a2kers with brilliant posts.
- Posts are too brilliant... we are not worthy.

+ Offers well thought out & overly fair commentary.
- Never seems to have enough anger & grit to be real.

+ Writes beautifully of love & life.
- Doesn't seem to experience it so much as observe it. Makes me sad.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 11:13 am
<catching up>
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 11:15 am
sozobe wrote:
I'll keep thinking. Overall, though, I see a whole lot of positives -- thoughtful, creative, funny, sweet, responsible, gutsy, thorough, way smart. This thread is an example of both a negative (give yourself credit already!!!!) and a positive (your perfection might be offputtingly blinding if you didn't have this whole self-doubt thing going on.)

Perfection? Shocked

Wanna marry me? :wink:
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 11:15 am
littlek wrote:
Brilliant, thoughtful, skinny.

LOL!!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 11:18 am
fbaezer wrote:
Looks nerdish even with blue hair

Oy!! Laughing

I'm mostly told that its impossible to make a decent picture of me, cause I always look stoned on them ...

And I dont even smoke.

Seriously folks, you people are really giving me way too much of a pass, here! I'm not that sensitive ...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 11:42 am
JoeFX wrote:
- Looks just like he did 20 years ago (and probably will look the same 20 years from now).

Heh. I think I must just have ceased in my development some time - externally, anyway. I always used to be guessed older than i really was. Then sometime in my mid-twenties, they started to get it right. And now I'm almost always guessed too young.

I guess others would happily switch with me, but I feel kinda cheated - I went through so much **** the last five to ten years, and I dont even get the intrigueing, mysterious life-weathered Harvey Keitel/Tom Waits look for it!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 11:45 am
You have to wait another twenty or so years for that Harvey Keitel/Tom Waits look. And you'll need to take up smoking.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:39 pm
nimh wrote:

Sure! I've always thought two husbands made more sense. You can do childcare and maybe some laundry and such. I'm sure E.G. wouldn't mind.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 12:56 pm
If you happen to be inclined to follow the political threads where nimh often hangs out, you will note that he:
a) Tends to post pretty, complicated charts
b) Tends to post pretty complicated charts
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2005 07:47 am
sozobe wrote:
nimh wrote:

Sure! I've always thought two husbands made more sense. You can do childcare and maybe some laundry and such. I'm sure E.G. wouldn't mind.

Hhmmmm ... I'm gonna take that into consideration. The Sozlet is a cutie after all, from what I hear ... and you got a pretty nice house too, I gather. Plus, I'd get to be around you every day. And around a professor of astrophysics (or what was it?) - might learn something still.

Basically, I only have two ambivalences here, really. Dunno if we can hammer those out. First, there's the thing of - you know - two perfect people (perhaps even three, I dunno, will have to take your word on EG) - wouldn't that be awkward? All too much perfection, perhaps? Mutual intimidation?

And then there's you know - what you may want to reconsider - will the full extent of me being thoughtful, creative, sweet, gutsy and thorough really come to full fruition, in terms of you benefiting from it and all, in just childcare and laundry and such?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:36:04