Shasta talks to police

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:04 pm
Idaho girl told police suspect tied up family

Quote:
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho (CNN) -- Eight-year-old Shasta Groene told investigators she saw Joseph Edward Duncan III tie up members of her family in their home on the day authorities say they were killed, according to an investigative report released Tuesday. . . .

Dylan has not been found, but investigators fear human remains found Monday in western Montana may be his.

The report does not say if Shasta witnessed the killings, but it marks the first time anyone has put Duncan at the scene.

Shasta also told investigators she and Dylan were repeatedly raped by Duncan at at least two camp sites in Montana, according to the handwritten report by an investigator recapping an interview with the girl.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 989 • Replies: 6
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:20 pm
Yesterday I saw the picture of her on her dad's lap, with her name etc., before details had come out, and thought "but what if Duncan abused her...?"

I guess that once they were reported missing the ball was rolling, but still awful that the girl has no privacy if that happened to her.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:50 pm
Sozobe--

Shasta Groene rape can be mitigated by common sense kindness and understanding. The big mouth in law enforcement who released those details was not only "insensitive", but unprofessional.

I hope he's fired.

More damaging than the sexual abuse was witnessing the murders of her family.

Her psyche can be comforted, but her family is dead.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 09:55 pm
Sorry - situation - this is only about 40 miles from where I live, but really local since the local stations are the ones here that cover the situation.

Tonight the Sheriff said that things came out in court today that they did not have information on - like the missing pick-up or so he said.

There just seems to be many missing facts yet, was this guy at the party at the house?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 10:00 pm
investigators could be FBI?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:38 am
I'm so sorry to hear that. I was thinking the same thing sozobe. I really hope the best for the little girl.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 08:17 am
everytime there is a news break - new facts in the case
0 Replies