Since the Mainstream Media Will Never Report It

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 05:25 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
If you can get cj and Ollie to vote for Biden i will buy you a beer, hell I will buy you 2 beers.

Why would you encourage people to vote for a racist?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 09:02 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I wasn't ignoring you Brandon... I just got bored of this conversation and went elsewhere.

Here you go.

https://able2know.org/topic/551444-1

First of all, in none of these line items does he tell black Americans to "f**k" off and furthermore, most of them are wrong or invalid anyway. For example:

"1. He calls a legal investigation of him "lynching" (using the historical murders that terrified black people as a cheap line)."

"Lynch" is an English word, and your fascist attempts to tell English speakers that you're removing it from the language are irrelevant.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 10:53 am
@Brandon9000,
You are using the word "Lynch" to refer to a legal process to hold someone accountable for an alleged crime where the defendant is given a day in court, a lawyer and due process.

That is ridiculous (which doesn't change the fact that the historical reference is offensive).

oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 06:34 pm
@maxdancona,
"Lynching" is a reasonable characterization considering that they were malicious charges against an innocent person, and the Democrats did their best to achieve an unjust result.

True, the system worked this time and prevented the Democrats from convicting the innocent. But the entire charade was still worthy of condemnation.

And what about what the Democrats did to Scooter Libby? The system doesn't always prevent the Democrats from convicting innocent people.

As far as alleged "offensiveness" goes, leftist phony outrage really is silly. If progressives don't want to be condemned for lynching people, they should stop lynching people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 06:36 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:
their vote will not be swayed by reason or intelligent counter-argument...

I don't believe I've ever heard progressives offer reason or intelligent counterargument.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2020 06:37 pm
@lmur,
lmur wrote:
As a non-American I don't have any skin in this game. Just chiming in to say that hearing a certain member being described as part of 'middle America' to be 'won over' is delusional to the point of hilarity. I'm chuckling now and probably won't cease for many many hours.

Well, I am a moderate. And if they can't win me over, they are certainly unlikely to win over any conservative hardliners.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 04:54 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You are using the word "Lynch" to refer to a legal process to hold someone accountable for an alleged crime where the defendant is given a day in court, a lawyer and due process.

That is ridiculous (which doesn't change the fact that the historical reference is offensive).

I am not discussing your opinion about the suitability of the word to the situation. I regard all races as equal and treat each person individually based on the content of his character. I regard the historic lynching of black people as offensive crimes and believe that the perpetrators should have been punished with the death penalty. However, don't you tell me or anyone what words you'll allow us to use. If you find the word inherently offensive then don't use it, but I don't and millions of other people don't. On those rare occasions when I use the word "lynch," I am not telling black people to f**k off. Remember that Clarence Thomas during his confirmation hearings referred to them as a "high tech lynching." What, is he a racist too?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 06:39 am
@Brandon9000,
I am not prohibiting your use of the word.

I am criticizing your use of the word as being in very poor taste. You have every right to use it. I have every right to criticize you for doing so.

I don't know why anyone would insist on using this word, it doesn't even match the definition. It just seems asinine.
oralloy

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2020 07:58 am
@maxdancona,
It is perfectly appropriate to refer to it as a lynching when a mob of progressives unjustly harm an innocent person that they have accused of imaginary crimes.
0 Replies