Since the Mainstream Media Will Never Report It

maxdancona

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 03:02 pm
@Frank Apisa,
There are lots of Americans who voted for Trump who can be reached and persuaded to vote the other way. Where do you draw the line between dispicables and Americans who we should reach out to?

Clinton got that line very very wrong. Obama reached out to everyone.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 05:46 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There are lots of Americans who voted for Trump who can be reached and persuaded to vote the other way. Where do you draw the line between dispicables and Americans who we should reach out to?

Clinton got that line very very wrong. Obama reached out to everyone.

You missed my point, Max.

I was not talking about "people who voted for Trump." I specifically mentioned "people who continue to support Trump."

ANYONE who continues to support Trump today...after three plus years of what he has been doing...is unreachable.

Under normal circumstances I would be agreeing with your suggestions. These are NOT normal circumstances...and holding out hope of "reaching out to them" is counterproductive.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 06:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
If Max wants to reach out to the far right let him. If he’s talking to them he’s not bothering us.

Although he did get a thread shut down when he decided to explore his and Freedomeyelove’s mutual interest in gerontophilia.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 07:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, I've been enjoying your posts since you've come back. You've remained in control and not let your temper fly off the handle (too much).

Just thought I'd throw that out there.
hightor

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 07:45 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Frank, I've been enjoying your posts since you've come back.

Me too, McG — we actually agree on something!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:23 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
ANYONE who continues to support Trump today...after three plus years of what he has been doing...is unreachable.

I do not believe this, nor do I see any evidence that it is true.

Aren't you just continuing Hillary's "despicables" narrative that lost her the last election?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:26 am
Are you all seeing the ads from the Lincoln Project?

They are a group of traditional conservatives running a series of ads designed specifically to persuade Trump supporters to jump ship. The ads are good.

For some reason, conservatives do messaging better than liberals do.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:30 am
@maxdancona,

the term you're looking for is deplorables.

it was fitting in 2016... and the vast majority of 45 supporters continue to be deplorable.

their vote will not be swayed by reason or intelligent counter-argument...
maxdancona

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:37 am
@Region Philbis,
Remind me.... what happened in 2016?

I was hoping the Democrats would have learned their lesson.

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 08:42 am
@maxdancona,

hopefully the ones who sat it out have been following the events of the last four years, and have gotten over themselves enough
to do the right thing in november...
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 09:27 am
I am the original poster. The subject of this thread was one particular speech by president Trump. I am not remotely surprised that when the board liberals hijacked my thread, no one quoted anything in the speech. You can hardly make up things about Trump when you're actually quoting him.

I take it that I now have permission to post in any thread things which have nothing to do with its topic, and I will. If it's okay for you to do, then it's okay for me too.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2020 09:37 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
4) He is telling Black Americans to "**** off". He is completely ignoring Black Americans who say that Confederate symbols threaten them as Americans.

No, he's not. Show me where he told black Americans to "f**k off." Maybe he's saying that the decision to destroy public statues should be made democratically and not by mobs of vigilantes.

Since you largely failed to respond to any of my criticisms of what you said, I'll try again. Let's start with something specific. Please cite a specific quotation from Trump in which he told black Americans to "f**k off" as you claim. Either he said that or he didn't. If he did, quote it. If he didn't apologize.
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2020 09:34 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Since you largely failed to respond to any of my criticisms of what you said, I'll try again. Let's start with something specific. Please cite a specific quotation from Trump in which he told black Americans to "f**k off" as you claim. Either he said that or he didn't. If he did, quote it. If he didn't apologize.

It's like when liberals say that Trump said he grabs women by their pussies.

THAT IS NOT WHAT HE SAID!

Prove me wrong!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2020 09:40 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
4) He is telling Black Americans to "**** off". He is completely ignoring Black Americans who say that Confederate symbols threaten them as Americans.

No, he's not. Show me where he told black Americans to "f**k off." Maybe he's saying that the decision to destroy public statues should be made democratically and not by mobs of vigilantes.

Here, for one example.

Trump wrote:

Sad to see the history and culture of our great country being ripped apart with the removal of our beautiful statues and monuments ... You can't change history, but you can learn from it. Robert E Lee, Stonewall Jackson - who's next, Washington, Jefferson? So foolish! Also the beauty that is being taken out of our cities, towns and parks will be greatly missed and never able to be comparably replaced!"
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 21 Aug, 2020 10:53 am
@maxdancona,
Sorry, I don't understand. I asked you to show me where he tells black Americans to "f**k off. Please provide an example of that.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 10:24 am
@maxdancona,
Running away again? Show me where he told black Americans to f**k off.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2020 04:26 pm
@Brandon9000,
I wasn't ignoring you Brandon... I just got bored of this conversation and went elsewhere.

Here you go.

https://able2know.org/topic/551444-1
Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 04:54 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Trump is pitting Americans against racist black supremacists!
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 05:02 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I hold the president of the United States to a different standard than I do angry people in the streat.

So do I, Racists need to start living up to the message Trump is trying send to black supremacists.
0 Replies

Dr Sliptinschit

Reply Wed 26 Aug, 2020 05:21 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Hopefully we can convince some number of these folks to vote for Joe Biden in spite of the way you feel about them. I would also like to have a sincere talk about issues like Black Lives Matter with them... and hopefully be able to build bridges.

If you want to build bridges, you first have to fix black supremacy.

We can not build bridges until we get racism under control.
0 Replies