What are the most popular cop and detective TV dramas from the 21st century?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:51 am
@lmur,
He had a thing about the Isle of Man as well.

He was under the impression it had a very distinctive accent. They just sound Lancastrian.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 07:10 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Might as well post the trailers for some of the shows listed here:

True Detective

Perry Mason

Gotham

9-1-1

Castle

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 08:13 pm
@chai2,
I research stuff before I ask questions about it here thank you. In case you couldn't tell I was being facetious when I made that comment about Rebel's questioning.

In my experience from doing research online, the Internet is not all-encompassing; it's not going to tell you everything. That's why I do a lot of research by word-of-month.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 01:56 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I research stuff before I ask questions about it here thank you. In case you couldn't tell I was being facetious when I made that comment about Rebel's questioning.

In my experience from doing research online, the Internet is not all-encompassing; it's not going to tell you everything. That's why I do a lot of research by word of month.

- FIXED.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2020 02:54 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
In a recent poll Inspector Morse was voted the best crime drama of all time.

In the late 1990s there were a couple short series from the UK that I think were the best I've ever seen: Oliver's Travels and Heat of the Sun.

The depiction of computer hacking in Oliver's Travels hasn't aged well. But that's not too big of a flaw. I still enjoy watching it from time to time.

I bought DVD sets of both series back when they first came out. I imagine they might be out of print by now though. I got the Cadfael DVDs too.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2020 11:19 am
Here is also a list of some of the more critically acclaimed crime shows in recent years, according to Rotten Tomatoes.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/top-tv/

Fargo (2014-): Anthology set in the American Midwest. Inspired by the 1996 film of the same name.
Breaking Bad (2008-2013) : about a high school teacher becoming a drug kingpin.
Better Call Saul (2015-): Prequel to Breaking Bad. About a corrupt lawyer.
American Crime (2015-2017): Anthology centered on court drama and focusing on race, class, and gender.
Mindhunter (2017-): Set in the 9070s, about FBI psychologists analyzing serial killers.
Watchmen (2019): Set in an alternate future, a Tulsa masked detective investigates a white supremacist group while other forces enter Tulsa.
Unbelievable (2019): Dramatization of real life rape cases in Washington and Colorado.
Perry Mason (2020): Miniseries about a 1930s private investigator
0 Replies