What are the most popular cop and detective TV dramas from the 21st century?

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 12:08 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You said you were a millennial. I was just curious to know how you knew about the show.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 12:15 pm
@JGoldman10,
I watch older shows alongside newer shows.
I also watched The Brady Bunch and I Love Lucy.

Like I said, Moonlighting is not an obscure show. People nowadays remember the show as Bruce Willis' first major role before Die Hard.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 12:17 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Sometimes I forget what century we are living in and sometimes I forget we have things like streaming services now.
RABEL222

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 12:17 pm
@izzythepush,
I can't remember his name but the gray haired inspector Morse was the best. It was on the public stations here. I agree it was one of the best detective shows of all time.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 12:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
Even reruns existed in the decades before the year 2000, so it was possible to watch old shows long after they aired the final episode.

Even right now, one of the US broadcast networks MeTV is playing a 1960s episode of Bonanza, followed by a 1963 episode of Rawhide.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 12:56 pm
@Rebelofnj,
So you probably watched Moonlighting on TV in reruns in the '90s.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 01:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
If you forgot about streaming services, then what were you planning to do with the names and information of the shows everyone here mentioned?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 02:22 pm
@RABEL222,
The sequel Lewis was in the top ten too. I think there’s a prequel as well, but I can’t remember what it’s called.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 04:12 pm
@Rebelofnj,
You sure ask a lot of questions.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 04:17 pm
@JGoldman10,
You’re the one starting loads of threads with questions including this one.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 04:27 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I think there’s a prequel as well, but I can’t remember what it’s called.

Endeavor (his first name).
izzythepush

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 04:59 pm
@oralloy,
Not spelled like that.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 05:03 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You sure ask a butt-ton of pointless questions that can be easily be answered by Google or IMDb. Then you ignore most everyone's answers and digress off the topic.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 05:19 pm
@tsarstepan,
For example

Here are the top 50 Mystery TV series, according to IMDB
https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=tv_series,tv_miniseries&genres=mystery&sort=num_votes,desc

However, the list does have fantasy and sci fi shows (Doctor Who, Westworld, Death Note) alongside the usual crime dramas.

There are also the shows that have law enforcement officials as the main characters, but the stories can get more fantastical: Gotham, Twin Peaks, The X-Files, etc.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 08:09 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Oh God.
I’m dyin’ here.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2020 09:06 pm
@chai2,
He's asking me questions like how Dennis the Menace questions Mr. Wilson.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 03:45 am
@JGoldman10,
I only asked 2 questions in this thread. You asked me 3 questions (1 of them twice) plus the main question regarding detective shows.

I only wanted clarification. You were given the names of over 20 different detective shows from the past 20 years. Does this mean you are going to watch at least one of them?

If you are going to watch Gotham, just know that the series will get much weirder by the end of the first season.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:06 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

He's asking me questions like how Dennis the Menace questions Mr. Wilson.

You clearly don't understand the irony of you of all people telling someone they ask a lot of questions. Mostly nonsense questions, which, as others have said, could easily be solved on your own.
chai2

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:07 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

You sure ask a butt-ton of pointless questions that can be easily be answered by Google or IMDb. Then you ignore most everyone's answers and digress off the topic.

This^^^
0 Replies

lmur

Reply Sun 5 Jul, 2020 11:46 am
@chai2,
The late lamented McTag called him 'Goldman the Indefatigable'. That was following persistent questions asked about Scottish street gangs which Mr. G was 'researching' at the time for a comic strip. Poor McTag made the mistake of trying to be helpful and instantly regretted doing so. That was back in 2005 when the 'ignore' function was a mere twinkle in Robert Gentel's eye.