3
   

Did This Really Happen or Did Fox News Invent It?

 
 
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 03:44 am
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-delete-tweet-accusing-trump-for-glorifying-white-supremacy-at-scheduled-fourth-of-july-event-at-mt-rushmore
 
Olivier5
 
  2  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 03:54 am
@Brandon9000,
It's probably just a heavily distorted report, but it could also be totally invented. They've done it before. FAUX keeps inventing its own reality.
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:04 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
It's probably just a heavily distorted report, but it could also be totally invented. They've done it before. FAUX keeps inventing its own reality.

I defy you to tell me one single, specific thing in the report which is false.
Olivier5
 
  3  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:13 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I defy you to tell me one single, specific thing in the report which is false.


Quote:
The Democrats think Mt Rushmore is a display of white supremacy.
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:27 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:
I defy you to tell me one single, specific thing in the report which is false.


Quote:
The Democrats think Mt Rushmore is a display of white supremacy.


Sure, go ahead then and demonstrate that Jason Rantz didn't tweet that as the article reports that he did.
Olivier5
 
  3  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:52 am
@Brandon9000,
"The Democrats" implies "all or most Democrats". It's evidently different from "one Democrat".
engineer
 
  2  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 05:39 am
@Brandon9000,
I don't know. I can't disprove a negative and the only places I can find this are on Fox and on RT.com but maybe there will be more coverage as the day goes on. All this looks like it started around 10:30pm so people are just waking up to it.
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:34 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
"The Democrats" implies "all or most Democrats". It's evidently different from "one Democrat".

All the article says is that Jason Rants tweeted that. Do you claim that he didn't?
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:35 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I don't know. I can't disprove a negative and the only places I can find this are on Fox and on RT.com but maybe there will be more coverage as the day goes on. All this looks like it started around 10:30pm so people are just waking up to it.

So, for whatever reason, you cannot disprove in any way any single one of the things reported.
0 Replies
 
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:42 am
@Brandon9000,
And yet the title reads: Dems tweet then delete post etc..., not Jason Rants tweets etc.
Brandon9000
 
  -1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 08:41 am
@Olivier5,
Now I see which one you mean. If you had looked at the image shown of the tweet in the article, you would see that the twitter account is named "The Democrats." Did you even read the article before trying to refute it?
edgarblythe
 
  4  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 08:44 am
It's politics. Nothing to get your undies in knots. Stuff on this scale happens every day, done by both parties.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  3  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 11:22 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

I defy you to tell me one single, specific thing in the report which is false.


That’s pretty much the same vocabulary you used about another Fox article.

Why do you keep telling people to do your homework for you?

I defy you to fact check the article yourself and find corroborating evidence from reputable sources.

You posted it, the onus is on you to prove it.
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 11:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

I defy you to tell me one single, specific thing in the report which is false.


That’s pretty much the same vocabulary you used about another Fox article.

Why do you keep telling people to do your homework for you?

I defy you to fact check the article yourself and find corroborating evidence from reputable sources.

You posted it, the onus is on you to prove it.

Nonsense. I merely state that the article exists. I assume that most news articles written by large news organizations in America at least get the basic facts right, but am making no such assertion here.

On the other hand, anyone, like you, who affirmatively declares that it is unreliable should give some evidence, just like anyone who asserts anything on a message board.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 11:52 am
@Brandon9000,
You are making an assertion.

I’ve pointed out that Fox News, like Iran’s Press TV, has lost its licence to broadcast over here because it’s not reputable. If you insist on using sources that have lost their licences it’s down to you. But you can’t demand other people disprove your dubious sources and expect to be taken seriously.

I’ve not even looked at the article, I know nothing about it. I don’t read far right sources that aren’t fit to broadcast over here.
McGentrix
 
  2  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 12:18 pm
@Brandon9000,
https://i.imgur.com/1MWu0Oi.png


Looks valid...
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 12:23 pm
@McGentrix,
I saw that one yesterday. Still politics as usual.
0 Replies
 
Olivier5
 
  0  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 02:15 pm
@Brandon9000,
Still, "Dems" in the title refers "Democrats", so FAUX is indeed exagerating.
engineer
 
  3  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 02:22 pm
It's hard to tell, but my guess is that someone really did post it, someone else saw it quickly and pulled it down but not before someone screen shot it. The Guardian article where Native American activists discuss their disapproval is certainly real.
coldjoint
 
  1  
Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 03:36 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
The Guardian article where Native American activists discuss their disapproval is certainly real.

Do you think it is hard to find people who do not like Trump or this country? Think again. It is all the media here and in the UK have done.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

The Democrats will win again in 2016 - Discussion by Robert Gentel
Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Monica 2016 - Discussion by gungasnake
LaRouche on Bernie Sanders - Discussion by gungasnake
The impending Government Shutdown - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Obama in - DOW Tanks - Discussion by cjhsa
Racial views steer some white Dems away from Obama - Discussion by BumbleBeeBoogie
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Did This Really Happen or Did Fox News Invent It?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/11/2020 at 02:04:44