Did This Really Happen or Did Fox News Invent It?

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 03:44 am
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-delete-tweet-accusing-trump-for-glorifying-white-supremacy-at-scheduled-fourth-of-july-event-at-mt-rushmore

Olivier5

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 03:54 am
@Brandon9000,
It's probably just a heavily distorted report, but it could also be totally invented. They've done it before. FAUX keeps inventing its own reality.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:04 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
It's probably just a heavily distorted report, but it could also be totally invented. They've done it before. FAUX keeps inventing its own reality.

I defy you to tell me one single, specific thing in the report which is false.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:13 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

Quote:
The Democrats think Mt Rushmore is a display of white supremacy.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:27 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
The Democrats think Mt Rushmore is a display of white supremacy.

Sure, go ahead then and demonstrate that Jason Rantz didn't tweet that as the article reports that he did.
Olivier5

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:52 am
@Brandon9000,
"The Democrats" implies "all or most Democrats". It's evidently different from "one Democrat".
engineer

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 05:39 am
@Brandon9000,
I don't know. I can't disprove a negative and the only places I can find this are on Fox and on RT.com but maybe there will be more coverage as the day goes on. All this looks like it started around 10:30pm so people are just waking up to it.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:34 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
"The Democrats" implies "all or most Democrats". It's evidently different from "one Democrat".

All the article says is that Jason Rants tweeted that. Do you claim that he didn't?
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:35 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
I don't know. I can't disprove a negative and the only places I can find this are on Fox and on RT.com but maybe there will be more coverage as the day goes on. All this looks like it started around 10:30pm so people are just waking up to it.

So, for whatever reason, you cannot disprove in any way any single one of the things reported.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 07:42 am
@Brandon9000,
And yet the title reads: Dems tweet then delete post etc..., not Jason Rants tweets etc.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 08:41 am
@Olivier5,
Now I see which one you mean. If you had looked at the image shown of the tweet in the article, you would see that the twitter account is named "The Democrats." Did you even read the article before trying to refute it?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 08:44 am
It's politics. Nothing to get your undies in knots. Stuff on this scale happens every day, done by both parties.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 11:22 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

That’s pretty much the same vocabulary you used about another Fox article.

Why do you keep telling people to do your homework for you?

I defy you to fact check the article yourself and find corroborating evidence from reputable sources.

You posted it, the onus is on you to prove it.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 11:36 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

That’s pretty much the same vocabulary you used about another Fox article.

Why do you keep telling people to do your homework for you?

I defy you to fact check the article yourself and find corroborating evidence from reputable sources.

You posted it, the onus is on you to prove it.

Nonsense. I merely state that the article exists. I assume that most news articles written by large news organizations in America at least get the basic facts right, but am making no such assertion here.

On the other hand, anyone, like you, who affirmatively declares that it is unreliable should give some evidence, just like anyone who asserts anything on a message board.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 11:52 am
@Brandon9000,
You are making an assertion.

I’ve pointed out that Fox News, like Iran’s Press TV, has lost its licence to broadcast over here because it’s not reputable. If you insist on using sources that have lost their licences it’s down to you. But you can’t demand other people disprove your dubious sources and expect to be taken seriously.

I’ve not even looked at the article, I know nothing about it. I don’t read far right sources that aren’t fit to broadcast over here.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 12:18 pm
@Brandon9000,
https://i.imgur.com/1MWu0Oi.png

Looks valid...
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 12:23 pm
@McGentrix,
I saw that one yesterday. Still politics as usual.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 02:15 pm
@Brandon9000,
Still, "Dems" in the title refers "Democrats", so FAUX is indeed exagerating.
engineer

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 02:22 pm
It's hard to tell, but my guess is that someone really did post it, someone else saw it quickly and pulled it down but not before someone screen shot it. The Guardian article where Native American activists discuss their disapproval is certainly real.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 03:36 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
The Guardian article where Native American activists discuss their disapproval is certainly real.

Do you think it is hard to find people who do not like Trump or this country? Think again. It is all the media here and in the UK have done.
0 Replies