Did This Really Happen or Did Fox News Invent It?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 03:44 pm
You can't ignore a criminal in the White House. It's big news.
longly1

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 04:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Where is over here?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:01 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You are making an assertion.

I’ve pointed out that Fox News, like Iran’s Press TV, has lost its licence to broadcast over here because it’s not reputable. If you insist on using sources that have lost their licences it’s down to you. But you can’t demand other people disprove your dubious sources and expect to be taken seriously.

I’ve not even looked at the article, I know nothing about it. I don’t read far right sources that aren’t fit to broadcast over here.

You assert that it's unreliable, but don't give a particle of evidence. You point to one entity that you falsely claim has sanctioned it, but never give even one example of something it actually did wrong. In debating that's called an argument from authority and is invalid.

And by the way, your claim is false. Fox did not lose any license to broadcast based on proof of inaccuracy, as you imply. The parent company 20th Century Fox, not the British government, made the decision:

"Fox News is focused on the U.S. market and designed for a U.S. audience and, accordingly, it averages only a few thousand viewers across the day in the U.K.," 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

"We have concluded that it is not in our commercial interest to continue providing Fox News in the U.K.," it added.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:05 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Still, "Dems" in the title refers "Democrats", so FAUX is indeed exagerating.

The quotation was from the Twitter account of the Democratic party. So, the reference "Dems" is accurate. They did not say or imply "every Democrat on Earth." I defy you to find an actual fact misreported. Some interpretation of a word isn't it.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
You can't ignore a criminal in the White House. It's big news.

You cannot specify any crime that the president committed, which makes your statement deliberately false. And, of course, you are very happy not to reference the contents of the article. Why should you talk about a bad act of the Democrats when you can just misdirect?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:09 pm
@Brandon9000,
The man is a criminal. It is so widespread all over the entire world that I don't have to provide examples.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
The man is a criminal. It is so widespread all over the entire world that I don't have to provide examples.

What you mean is that you cannot provide one single example. Honest, mature people do not refuse to give any evidence to support their statements. "Everybody knows" is the invalid argument of the not-very-honest.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 06:25 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
The man is a criminal.

Prove it. The Intelligence agencies corrupted under Obama could not. Mueller could not and the entire Democratic party could not. They have had over 4 years.

McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 10:29 pm
@coldjoint,
But he "Feels" like he is a criminal and some people don't like him. Therefore it is ok to slander the man.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2020 11:16 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Therefore it is ok to slander the man.

Progressives can rationalize anything.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 12:30 am
@Brandon9000,
I’ve stuck with facts, only two broadcasters have lost their licences because they’re not fit to broadcast.

I don’t need to go into the decision making process, it’s a matter of public record.
Olivier5

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2020 12:57 am
@Brandon9000,
"Dems" evidently means "Democrats". Sorry, but you lost this argument.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 04:55 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The way to prevent Democrats from abusing the law to conduct witch hunts against people they disagree with is to outlaw the Democratic Party.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2020 04:57 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I’ve stuck with facts, only two broadcasters have lost their licences because they're not fit to broadcast.

Don't be silly. BBC Fake News has a proven history of outright lies, and they are allowed to broadcast in the UK.

Your silly licenses have nothing to do with journalist integrity.
0 Replies