What is the best way to contain and get rid of flies and other winged pests without flypaper?

JGoldman10

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 02:49 pm
@mark noble,
Houseflies, fruit flies, gnats, moths, mosquitos and certain other flying insects are considered pests or vermin. We have dominion over these creatures.
chai2

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 04:16 pm
I wasn’t being condescending. That’s as direct as a person can get

In fact you are one of the least Christian like persons I’ve ever met.
I believe if Jesus came down and talked directly to you, you’d be very surprised at what he would say.

Being a Christian means acting Christ like, and that doesn’t describe you one bit.

You’re actually quite horrible.
maxdancona

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 10:20 pm

This is the Bug a Salt gun. It fires table salt at the invader with a satisfying hand pump shotgun action. They even make a version with a (somewhat silly) laser scope.

They work great, even from a couple of feet away.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 11:05 pm
@chai2,
Well saying I have "warped logic" isn't exactly flattering.
Glennn

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 08:54 am
@mark noble,
Quote:
Not your Unfounded Fkn, retarded humour.

Oh I wasn't kidding about people needing to be saved from the idea that they need to be saved. People do need to be saved from the idea that they need to be saved.

I am also not kidding when I tell you that goldman was out of line when he asked whether or not someone's loved one was saved before passing. His belief in punishment and reward has made him callous when it comes to what is appropriate. And you back his inappropriateness.

In nature, poisonous things are sometimes very brightly colored. That's nature's way of saying STAY AWAY! Internet forums work the same way.
When people call other people fukcking retarded, that's nature's way of saying STAY AWAY!
chai2

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 09:43 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Well saying I have "warped logic" isn't exactly flattering.

It wasn’t meant to be.

It also isn’t flattering to you that you do nothing to be Christ like, and that you are in general not a good person.

What would Jesus say to you if he saw that you said an extremely thoughtless, cruel, and unnecessary thing to someone who was deeply grieving.

Jesus would NEVER have walked up to a person who just lost the person they loved most in the world, and asked them if they were saved. That with the implication if he wasn’t he would be suffering.

No. Jesus would have been kind, seeking to comfort another, offered any help they had to give, even if it was just listening.

Any moral human being would do that, and if they couldn’t, at least keep their mouth shut.

It doesn’t matter how many times you say it Goldman. You are not a Christian. Jesus would tell you to your face you are not, and you do nothing to be Christ like.
You do absolutely nothing to reach out to others, never offer help, or think of anyone else’s need or desires.

All you do is take, take, take here.

You’re a parasite sucking everyone else for information on your mostly ridiculous questions.

You go ask your preacher if asking someone whose beloved husband had just died if he was saved if that was a Christ like thing to do.

You are very very mixed up in what it means to be a Christian.
All you do is say crap from a book and so nothing to go among people and be kind and helpful.

Why is it everyone is supposed to be kind and helpful to you, but you can’t even act in a moral, ethical or helpful way to your fellow man.

I know this is whistling in the wind. You’re incapable of understanding basic human nature as you do indeed consistently act in such a horrible way to others.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 01:52 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
We have dominion over...

Clearly, you do not hold dominion. If you did, you would not be here asking what to do.

Quote:
...considered pests or vermin.

Only for a select few. Namely, humans.. Since God is said to have created all creatures and to each creature have given a purpose, they are not in truth pests or vermin. You do believe in God, don't you? Have you placed all your trust in God? If you answered 'no' to either, then you shall not be saved. At least not immediately upon death. Plus, there is no way you will be eligible for Rapture.

Go now and sin no more. Love the insects of the earth. Love too, the adorable slug.
chai2

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 02:39 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis, I was once standing in line in the garden department at a Lowe's.
It was fairly busy, people buying their Spring planting stuff.

I looked down, and to the left of my left foot was this really cute little lizard. It looked so cute because there he was, in the best place in the world for him, a huge garden with plenty of water, and bugs to eat. Like he was the envy of all the other lizards I bet.

I said to the woman behind me, not looking up from the lizard "Oh Look! That cute little thing!" The next thing I saw in my vision was this big foot wearing sandles that had crosses glued to the instep, just smashing down on the poor thing, and then scrapping it along the ground to make sure it was good and dead.

Just writing that makes my stomach clench. I said to her "OMG! What did you do that for!!"
She didn't say a word. Just looked around like nothing was out of place.

Someone who has their shoes decorated with a christian symbol, who had the typical Karen thing going on, killed some innocent creature who was just enjoying the sunlight.

If someone could just unthinkingly do that, what else will they do? Where does she draw the line? Where do the lines blur. Like we've all heard, you can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals.

I'm confident how she goes on about how she's saved, and all that other crap.

But, you know, we're the ones going to hell.
maxdancona

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 03:23 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Someone who has their shoes decorated with a christian symbol, who had the typical Karen thing going on, killed some innocent creature who was just enjoying the sunlight.

I don't see what her religion has to do with killing a reptile. There is nothing in the Bible that says you can't kill reptiles... quite the contrary.

Genesis 3 wrote:
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

You might disapprove of her behavior... but there is nothing in the Christian religion that condemns the stomping to death of tiny creatures.

maxdancona

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 03:30 pm
If an animal is in my house, I have no moral problem with killing it. If animals (vertebrates at least) are in their place in nature, then I respectfully leave them alone.

The exception to this is spiders... I let spiders be in my house, but only because they kill the other critters for me so I don't have to.
JGoldman10

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 10:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Thank you. That's what I'm talking about. CHRISTIANS have dominion over animals - God gave it to us.

Spiders eat bugs but spiders themselves are considered a pest.
Sturgis

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 10:41 pm
@JGoldman10,
You really are a demented twit.

You refer to spiders as pests right after nearly praising them for eating other creatures you think are pests.
JGoldman10

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 10:54 pm
@Sturgis,
Spiders multiply. They lay eggs. They leave cobwebs around. You don't want that.

I bless you.
JGoldman10

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 10:57 pm
@maxdancona,
I made an important discovery lately - cleaning vinegar kills moths.

I sprayed some on a moth that landed on a wall in my kitchen; the thing dropped dead to the floor.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 10:59 pm
@JGoldman10,
Sure Goldman, kill off the spiders...

...of course that will mean the bugs get to live. Maybe even crawl into your sleeping chamber.
JGoldman10

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 11:02 pm
@Sturgis,
There are cobwebs in my attic and basement.
Sturgis

Tue 18 Aug, 2020 11:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
So? If they bother you, then get to cleaning. If they're up high or in a hard to reach place, attach a feather duster to the end of a long stick alternatively, you can just use a dustmop.
0 Replies

mark noble

Wed 19 Aug, 2020 06:11 am
@JGoldman10,
Thou Shalt Not Kill.

Have A Lovely Day
0 Replies

mark noble

Wed 19 Aug, 2020 06:26 am
@Glennn,
That's My way of removing 'toxic' folk, like you, from my reality.

From a 'Christian' perspective - JG's comment is both relative and appropriate.
'DEATH' WOE & BEHOLD!!!

Is NOT logical to someone who doesn't believe in it (Christians) - The 'Eternal' 'AFTERWARDS' - IN PARADISE (HEAVEN) or TORMENT (HELL) - Is PARAMOUNT - Hence the 'was he saved' remark.

Try UNDERSTANDING relativity - Beyond Your OWN... Or Not.

I see by JG's posts 'Chai' is hereabouts - Oh boy.

Have a Lovely Day.
When I return next spring (Phase 3 - RFID for All era) I'll check to see if you've matured.

Mark
mark noble

Wed 19 Aug, 2020 06:30 am
@maxdancona,
That's in Genesis - Judaic. Not Christian.
Just saying - Don't really care.

Mark
0 Replies