What is the best way to contain and get rid of flies and other winged pests without flypaper?

chai2

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 03:17 pm
@Linkat,
wow. those are....really something.

you could buy a bunch of them and hang at different levels to kind of arabian nights, garden of eden or I dream of jeannie motif.

Would you like to come into my garden of earthly delights lounge? Then you could serve your guest festive drinks in Don Ho cocktail glasses with little umbrellas.

I'm really warming up to this idea.

https://i.etsystatic.com/6638509/r/il/9885bf/2290918309/il_794xN.2290918309_2rh0.jpg
Linkat

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 03:28 pm
@chai2,
Ok so keeping with the dollar tree purchasing and this theme - we have a wealth o f great treasures:

https://www.dollartree.com/ccstore/v1/images/?source=/file/v8713488260203233991/products/977901.jpg&height=940&width=940

https://www.dollartree.com/ccstore/v1/images/?source=/file/v4452651435980581351/products/977876.jpg&height=940&width=940

https://www.dollartree.com/ccstore/v1/images/?source=/file/v3335568578853597344/products/236546.jpg&height=940&width=940

https://www.dollartree.com/ccstore/v1/images/?source=/file/v5831730808230764233/products/227834.jpg&height=940&width=940

And there is much much more --- and all for just a dollar!
chai2

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 03:49 pm
@Linkat,
Omg you could swat the flys with those flamingos and save the bodies in those fruits.

Re fly swatters, we had one or 2 sitting on top of the fridge. We never really had flys, but Kirk would keep them there because he would do something that would make me laugh.
He would take one and sit out on the front porch with it, and a cup of coffee. When I would pull up in the car he’d pretend to swat at flies like one of those crazy old men in a trailer park or something.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 05:56 pm
@Linkat,
The bag was closed. How did the flies and other winged pests get into my kitchen and den if my windows were closed? Aside from going through any open window or windows with no screens on them, the only other way they could have gotten in my house that I can think of is by coming through my back door when it was open.
chai2

Fri 26 Jun, 2020 07:37 pm
@JGoldman10,
You're really milking it now goldman.

I don't think bugs getting in anyones house is something that is such a mystery.

Try to think of other important stuff like if the social security place is open, and if they'll let you in without a mask.

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 25 Jul, 2020 03:44 pm
Well, those homemade insect baits I laid down on my kitchen floor worked apparently. Some of the flying pests flew into them. Some of the pests landed on some fresh flypaper I hung up in my kitchen too.

Most of the pests are gone.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 25 Jul, 2020 04:19 pm
@chai2,
Guess what Chai? No roaches.

I did buy two swatters from Big Lots, but as I said the baits I made and flypaper got rid of most of the pests.
0 Replies

Glennn

Sat 25 Jul, 2020 06:08 pm
@JGoldman10,
Flies know the way into your house. They also know the same way out. What I do is swat about six flies; not hard, just hard enough to kill them without causing too much bodily damage. Then pull six strands of hair from your head and tie an end around the fly's neck, which is not as hard as it sounds; you'll just need a magnifying glass. The longer the hair, the easier it will be. But if you have short hair, you'll have to make do with that because you cannot--and I can't stress this enough--knock on your neighbor lady's door and ask her for six strands of her long hair. Apparently, that's a bozo no no. She will call her husband to the door, and he will tell you to get the **** off their property. You can ask for a cup of sugar or coffee, or even to borrow their lawn mower, but not strands of hair. It's not like I was asking her for six pubic hairs. Ohhhh, wait a minute. She probably mistakenly thought I meant six pubic hairs. I've got to go back over and let them know that I meant six strands of hair from her head. That should straighten this mess out.

So, back to the task at hand. When you've finished tying the ends of your hairs around the necks of the flies, hang the flies around your living room. When other flies enter your house, they'll see the hanging flies, and they will go back the way they came. Works every time. But you have to change flies every two days or they begin to decay and will actually draw flies in because . . . well, they're flies.
JGoldman10

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 12:22 am
@Glennn,
Are you serious? You sound like you are trolling.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 12:23 am
Moths don't seem to like flypaper. What should I use to get rid of moths?
cherrie

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 01:37 am
@JGoldman10,
Spiders
JGoldman10

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 02:34 am
@cherrie,
You're just introducing one pest to get rid of another.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 26 Jul, 2020 03:06 am
@Glennn,
I don't know if you're trolling or not but I'm not going through all that.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Thu 13 Aug, 2020 10:20 pm
Do they make non-toxic, eco-friendly aerosol sprays to kill insects with? I had an issue with some flying pests in my kitchen - house flies, fruit flies and some moths. There were a few mosquitos but I managed to kill some with a swatter and some disappeared.

My landlord's assistant told me I can either use an aerosol spray or an aerosol bomb. I think it'd be easier to use the spray.

I just want to know if there's any aerosol sprays I can use that are safe.

I am also going to get more flypaper.
0 Replies

Teufel

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 05:29 am
@JGoldman10,
If you left something unclean enough in your home, for long enough, that it bred maggots, then I really suggest you try cleaning your home more often.

After that I'd suggest you move to the Antarctic .... No flies there.
JGoldman10

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 02:25 pm
@Teufel,
Hi. That's not answering the question I posted.

Do they make non-toxic, eco-friendly aerosol sprays to kill insects with?

Bugs are attracted to anything organic.
Fruit flies are attracted to food. Houseflies are attracted to things like poop.
chai2

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 02:33 pm
@JGoldman10,
Wait. So you had poop sitting out in your house? Or “something like that?”

Re your question, I’ll pose one to you in return. How do you imagine something that’s strong enough to kill something, can be considered safe and harmless?

You don’t need to reply with your twisted up logic. You know the answer.

JGoldman10

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:30 pm
@chai2,
That still doesn't answer the question. Let me clarify for you:

Do they make aerosol bug sprays that are non-toxic and eco-friendly? Any aerosol bug sprays that don't have a lot of harsh chemicals in them? Any kind of aerosol bug sprays that aren't going to harm the user upon using?

A lot of things kill bugs. Bleach kills bugs. There are natural cleaners you can use, like my mother suggested, that don't have a lot of harsh chemicals in them, that you can kill bugs with.

They make natural bug sprays but I don't know of any off-hand.

I'm not an expert on bug sprays and household cleaners.
cherrie

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
Google non toxic bug spray.

There's heaps of them.
JGoldman10

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:52 pm
@cherrie,
I made an error. Bug sprays don't kill bugs.

I meant natural pest control sprays.

I'm interested in natural aerosol pest control sprays.