What is the best way to contain and get rid of flies and other winged pests without flypaper?

JGoldman10

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 08:58 pm
@chai2,
That still doesn't answer the question. Let me clarify for you:

Do they make aerosol pest control sprays that are non-toxic and eco-friendly? Any aerosol bug sprays that don't have a lot of harsh chemicals in them? Any kind of aerosol peat control sprays that aren't going to harm the user upon using?

A lot of things kill bugs. Bleach kills bugs. There are natural cleaners you can use, like my mother suggested, that don't have a lot of harsh chemicals in them, that you can kill bugs with.

They make natural pest control sprays but I don't know of any off-hand.

I'm not an expert on pest control sprays and household cleaners.

(Ignore my initial post - that was an error.)
0 Replies

cherrie

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 09:00 pm
@JGoldman10,
Then google that.
JGoldman10

Fri 14 Aug, 2020 09:01 pm
@cherrie,
I'm planning on going to my local hardware store to see if they have any natural aerosol pest control sprays or any kind of natural pest control sprays.
0 Replies

mark noble

Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:02 am
@JGoldman10,
Maggots (Fly-babies) are the result of Flies finding a nice spot to have their babies at - A place, abundant in babyfood.

NEVER leave food or waste in reach of flies - They can smell it.
If your pot had maggots in - Your pot had Fly babyfood in prior to the maggot event (Typically 24-72hrs).

You must be cleaner in future.
Pets also attract flies - Along with smelly, unwashed folk, Old people and women.
Mark
JGoldman10

Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:05 am
@mark noble,
I know what maggots are.
mark noble

Sat 15 Aug, 2020 10:13 am
@JGoldman10,
I guessed that - Otherwise you'd have reffered to them as squiggly, wriggly, larvalesque creatures.

Best way to keep flies (Or any unwanted guests) out - Is to NOT invite them in.
Be cleaner.
Mark
JGoldman10

Sat 15 Aug, 2020 09:33 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I guessed that - Otherwise you'd have reffered to them as squiggly, wriggly, larvalesque creatures.

Maggots are among the creepy crawlies I don't like, like slugs, worms, wigs, millipedes and centipedes.

mark noble wrote:
Best way to keep flies (Or any guests) out - Is to NOT invite them in.
Be cleaner.
Mark

Yes, and to stop being so lazy. When my charming brother was around, he pulled off pieces of the wood that form the foundation under my back door. Could the flying pests have made their way into my kitchen through the holes in the wooden foundation?
mark noble

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 04:24 am
@JGoldman10,
Yes.
They will enter wherever the 'odour' exits.
Home-in on it - And lay babies.

eggs may already be on/in food you purchase and bring into your home (Vegetables, fruit, raw meat, unsealed/damaged packaging etc.

Spiders in webs usually locate near 'Fly-abundant' hangouts - Great Early warning devices.

Mark
Tryagain

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 12:27 pm
During the winter rains, the water levels rose and the bayou dun flooded the basement and gators setup home via the broken storm shutters.

I am pleased to say that since their arrival there has not been any varmints of an arthropod, crustacean or insecta disposition seen on the property. The downside is we don't get our butter delivered no more.

- FIXED
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 07:23 pm
@mark noble,
I borrowed some flypaper from one of my next-door neighbors. I still need to get my own and buy some natural eco-friendly aerosol pest control spray.
chai2

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 09:00 pm
Am I the only one here who thinks it’s hysterical that the 2 people that have the most resistance/inability to look up the simplest things are their own, are having a pretty in depth conversation with each other?
JGoldman10

Sun 16 Aug, 2020 09:27 pm
@chai2,
Are you the woman who copped an attitude when I asked if her deceased husband was Saved before he passed, or was that someone else?
mark noble

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 07:40 am
@JGoldman10,
I'm not a killer - And flypaper is an excrutiating death. Each to their own, though.
Have a lovely day
mark noble

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:02 am
@cherrie,
You do realise - This Site is 'post-titled' 'ASK AN EXPERT' a question, perhaps?
Not 'GO GOOGLE IT'.

Just saying.

Have a lovely day
mark noble

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:08 am
@mark noble,
'Ask An Expert at Able 2 Know - Better Still, Go GOOGLE IT!'

That's funny! Couldn't resist.
No wonder people don't stick around.

Mark
0 Replies

Glennn

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 08:30 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Are you the woman who copped an attitude when I asked if her deceased husband was Saved before he passed, or was that someone else?

My guess is that he had already been saved . . . from the idea that he needs to be saved.
chai2

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 11:06 am
@Glennn,
The fact that he could think a person who had just very recently at the time lost their very beloved spouse is “copping an attitude” when the implication that person is now suffering eternal torment shows how completely out of touch with reality and basic human emotions he is.

It’s times like this that I falter in my belief Goldman knows exactly what he’s doing.
No one could ever have made his last comment without being seriously mentally incompetent, ill or otherwise severely incapacitated.

He lives with maggots, but we are in the “need” of saving.

That’s enough on that. He’s just really a very sad case.
mark noble

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 12:03 pm
@Glennn,
Not a very nice post, Glennn.
JG is asking for sound advice - Not your Unfounded Fkn, retarded humour.

Idiot.

mark noble

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 12:04 pm
@Glennn,
On Ignore Forever - IDIOT.

Have A Lovely Day
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Mon 17 Aug, 2020 02:44 pm
@chai2,
I'm a Christian. I was concerned for that person's husband's salvation. You aren't telling me if that woman was you.

It seemed like you were being condescending and patronizing by saying I have "warped logic" earlier in this thread.

I am not taking offense at what you said. I bless you.

And no I don't live with maggots.
0 Replies