7
   

Peaceful Demonstrations

 
 
neptuneblue
 
  3  
Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2020 09:34 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
All you have to do is present anything at all in the article I linked in that's not accurate, but you can't.


Unless I missed it, you haven't presented any such article to critique, let alone discuss. If you'd to present such evidence, I'd be most happy to respond. As such, you've presented nothing but imaginary and meaningless fluff.

Would you like to try again?
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2020 12:09 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
All you have to do is present anything at all in the article I linked in that's not accurate, but you can't.


Unless I missed it, you haven't presented any such article to critique, let alone discuss. If you'd to present such evidence, I'd be most happy to respond. As such, you've presented nothing but imaginary and meaningless fluff.

Would you like to try again?

https://able2know.org/topic/549168-1#post-7022703
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  4  
Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2020 03:37 am
@Brandon9000,
What evidence have you provided?

None.

Are you in Seattle? Can you give a first hand account of what is going on?

That means you’re in the same boat as me, reliant on 3rd party reports.

You choose a far right propaganda organ which is unfit to broadcast over here. It ‘s one of only two organisations to lose its licence because it’s not reliable.

I provided a source that hasn’t lost its licence, a reliable source.

Now if you want to discuss that fair enough.

Instead you start trying to order me about, insisting I read your propaganda and fact check it next to more reliable sources.

Nobody tells me what to do, least of all a Trump supporter.

Why don't you do that?

Check the claims made by your unfit broadcaster against reputable sources and then come back with your conclusions.

You’re very good at demanding other people waste time pouring over documentation just so you can feel better about yourself.

You do your own work. I’m not your bloody skivvy.

I don’t want to read far right horseshit. I don’t want to read Mein Kampf and point out what Hitler was wrong about and what he got right either.

I’ve got much better things to do with my time. Fox News is the preserve of far right extremists and the child murdering NRA. It’s disgusting, I don’t want to wade through filth like that.

It’s the equivalent of being handed a pile of naked photos of children by some nonce and being challenged to look through all of them and point out which ones fall foul of child pornography rules. I’m not doing it.

The question you need to ask yourself is why you cannot find a reputable source to make your point and instead rely on unfit far right propaganda.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2020 05:17 am
@Brandon9000,
Accepting that there are hundreds of people breaking the law and tens of thousands of people protesting.peacefully.

What's your point?
oralloy
 
  -2  
Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2020 08:35 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I provided a source that hasn’t lost its licence, a reliable source.

Don't be silly. There is nothing even remotely reliable about BBC Fake News. They are infamous for their horrific lies.


izzythepush wrote:
the child murdering NRA.

The NRA has never harmed anyone at all, least of all a child.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  0  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 10:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
What evidence have you provided?

None.

Are you in Seattle? Can you give a first hand account of what is going on?

That means you’re in the same boat as me, reliant on 3rd party reports.

You choose a far right propaganda organ which is unfit to broadcast over here. It ‘s one of only two organisations to lose its licence because it’s not reliable....

You keep saying that but when asked to find one single thing untrue in the article I linked in, cannot. You can't just go around claiming things you believe, then throwing a fit when people ask you to support your claim.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 10:28 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Accepting that there are hundreds of people breaking the law and tens of thousands of people protesting.peacefully.

What's your point?

I've stated my point very clearly. I have seen a lot of posts here which seem to project the idea that the protests are almost entirely peaceful and most of the violence is being perpetrated by the police. That claim is untrue. That is my point.

By the way, I think one could make a strong plausibility argument that the number of people participating in violence is at least one thousand.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 10:36 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Accepting that there are hundreds of people breaking the law and tens of thousands of people protesting.peacefully.

What's your point?


I've stated my point very clearly. I have seen a lot of posts here which seem to project the idea that the protests are almost entirely peaceful and most of the violence is being perpetrated by the police. That claim is untrue. That is my point.

By the way, I think one could make a strong plausibility argument that the number of people participating in violence is at least one thousand.


Okay...thanks for sharing what you think.

Why not do it, though?
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 10:40 am
@Brandon9000,
I have no problem admitting that some people have used the protests to excuse violence. I have no problem saying that this is a bad thing.

I don't see why it matters though... at least not as far as understanding why tens of thousands of people are protesting peacefully.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 10:44 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
You can't just go around claiming things you believe, then throwing a fit when people ask you to support your claim.

I'm just nitpicking here, but technically he can. He just will have no credibility.
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:13 am
@Brandon9000,
You keep demanding people do your work for you.

You fact check it yourself.
oralloy
 
  -1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 11:21 am
@izzythepush,
Actually, supporting your claims is your job.

And when you fail to support your claims, you lack credibility.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:05 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Okay...thanks for sharing what you think.

This is a message board, right? That's one of the things we do here. What are you implying?


Frank Apisa wrote:
Why not do it, though?

Why not do what?
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:09 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I have no problem admitting that some people have used the protests to excuse violence. I have no problem saying that this is a bad thing.

I don't see why it matters though... at least not as far as understanding why tens of thousands of people are protesting peacefully.

The people have every right to protest whatever they want to protest, but they have a real problem. The problem is that there is an unusually high amount of crime in their peaceful protest, as, for example, when hundreds of people, perhaps more, tried to force their way into the White House, not to mention the looting, destroying, and murders. Personally, if I were out there protesting peacefully, I wouldn't want my protest marred this way.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You keep demanding people do your work for you.

You fact check it yourself.

News flash, if you make a claim, then it's your responsibility to show that it may be true, not other peoples' responsibility to prove that it's false. If cannot very well claim that you're a notorious war criminal and then, when people ask for evidence, tell them to go out and prove that you're not.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:16 pm
@Brandon9000,
News flash. You made the claim. You need to prove it’s true that’s your responsibility.

I have dealt in facts. Fox News has lost its licence to broadcast over here. That’s a fact.

You are the one claiming it’s true so you need to prove it.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:19 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
News flash. You made the claim. You need to prove it’s true that’s your responsibility.

I have dealt in facts. Fox News has lost its licence to broadcast over here. That’s a fact.

You are the one claiming it’s true so you need to prove it.

I posted a link. You claimed that the news source was unreliable. I said if it's so unreliable, find me anything about it that's wrong. And, of course, you did what you always do when asked to support your assertions with evidence, whined that it was unfair.
izzythepush
 
  2  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:22 pm
@Brandon9000,
I said why it was unreliable. You insisted I still read it.

You need to do your fact checking not me.

This is how you conduct all your arguments, you make unrealistic demands on people that you refuse to do yourself.

Do your own work.

If anyone is whining it’s you.

Then again I’m not surprised, whenever you can’t tell people what to do you resort to name calling.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:28 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:


Frank Apisa wrote:
Okay...thanks for sharing what you think.

This is a message board, right? That's one of the things we do here.


If course that is what we do.

Quote:
What are you implying?


I am "implying" (in fact, stating without equivocation) that I thank you for sharing what you think. While I am at it...I also thank you for considering what I think.

Quote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Why not do it, though?

Why not do what?


Jeez, Brandon...don't you read your own posts?

You wrote: "By the way, I think one could make a strong plausibility argument that the number of people participating in violence is at least one thousand."

I am saying DO IT. Don't just say it can be done...BUT DO IT.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2020 12:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Even if it is a thousand (as Brandon suggests), I don't see how it matters to the tens of thousands of people demonstrating peacefully.

This seems like a silly debate to me.
 

Related Topics

Protests in Brazil - Discussion by ossobuco
Protests Around The World - Discussion by RexRed
Snipers in Ecuador - Discussion by edgarblythe
The Statue Wars Begin - Discussion by edgarblythe
Hamburg - Discussion by ossobucotemp
A Day Without Immigrants - Question by Sturgis
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/29/2021 at 02:12:06