A Day Without Immigrants

Sturgis

Reply Thu 16 Feb, 2017 11:57 am
So it's here, a nationwide involvement on A Day Without Immigrants.

The purpose, to show how devoid of life, ideas, just about anything, this nation would be without the benefit of immigration. Of people coming to The United States, not only in search of a better life; but, to give of themselves.

Are you taking part, by missing school, not going to the job or in some other manner? If not, ask yourself why you aren't.

www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/16/515555428/a-day-without-immigrants-promises-a-national-strike-thursday
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 7,161 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PoliteMight

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2022 04:43 pm
@Sturgis,
I doubt it would occur, it would have to be the employers would be notified along with the workers, where they are told by the government not to report to work, or even use any goods or services. These would be the people who are not born in the USA or even people of parents not born.
0 Replies

bulmabriefs144

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2022 05:39 pm
@Sturgis,
They did that a few years ago, before Biden and all of his crap.

Nothing happened. I went to a grocery store and noticed absolutely nothing missing. It's just a day for immigrants to show their asses and act out. At worst, they can expect to find themselves out of work . But unless your town has totally sold out to them, odds are that there literally will not be an impact.

Quote:
If not, ask yourself why you aren't.

Uhhh first off, because I'm the grandchild of immigrants. My ancestors came to America because during World War II, the guy was going to be drafted into the Nazi Army, but the postman liked him, and took the long way to his house, allowing him to get out of the country. While we arrived in America later than the settlers, we are no less loyal. Perhaps because we know just how shitty things can get in the country we're from. You can literally have your country like Nazi Germany, so quit whining or move back.

Second off, it's a pouty baby thing to do, and "ask yourself why not" is like saying that "it's expected of you, and why aren't you doing it"?
That's kinda heavy-handed and authoritarian of you, don't you think?

Why not? Maybe because if you are here to work and be happy in this country, you shouldn't be trying to do anti-industry crap if you don't wanna be yet another immigrant drawing welfare.
https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/day-without-immigrants-strikers-fired-missing-work/
Possibly why I never noticed any difference in the grocery stores.

And shame on you for asking them to risk paying jobs.
0 Replies