Etiquette Question

Gala

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 05:09 pm
I need some advice. How do I graciously decline a second date with someone who I just don't want to go out with again? I want to get the point across without being harsh. he's a nice enough person, but not for me. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 919 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Debra Law

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 05:24 pm
If he asks you out for a second date, honesty is the best policy. It's better to be upfront and inform him that you're not interested in dating him because you don't think the two of you are compatible and you don't want to lead him on. Avoid the "let's just be friends" line . . . and don't put him off with excuses.

Debra
FOUNDER
Dating Etiquette Service (est. July 4, 2005)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 07:13 pm
That sounds about right, Gala. By the way, when you coming back through New Mexico?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 06:29 am
Debra and Roger, thanks. You've confirmed what I was thinking.

Roger, dunno, I wish it were soon. Boy, that was a great trip. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 06:37 am
Just say you had a nice time on your first date but just don't think that there is any compatibility between the two of you. Be honest but kind.
0 Replies

MinDSaY

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2005 07:02 am
I agree, be honest. Just say you are not comfortable if thats how you feel.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:39 am
bella dea and mindsay, thanks for your contributions. i have to say, i sent him a quick note according to the counsel that was given by all who contributed and it went smoothly. i think people always prefer the truth over some kind of game. what a relief.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 08:42 am
Congrats!

And I have to hug you for spelling "etiquette" correctly... honestly, it was like that commercial where a big red bloodshot eyeball is doused with cleansing, refreshing visine...

(See here if you don't know what I'm on about...)

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55022

(And yes, I am a spaz, I realize that...)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 09:20 am
sozobe wrote:

(And yes, I am a spaz, I realize that...)

But a loveable spaz. :wink:
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2005 10:21 am
hi sozobe, you're funny. as for spelling errors, i don't think it's necessary to point them out, especially if you know what the person is saying.
0 Replies