IF GEORGE WILL FEELS THIS WAY...

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 05:44 am
...how can any American conservatives still be okay with Trump or his enablers? If George Will can see through this abomination, how in the world can there still be people supporting this man who will undoubtedly go down in history as the worst president ever.

Here's the link to Will's column in today's Washington Post. May be behind a paywall, so here is a taste of what was said:

It was titled: Trump must be removed. So must his congressional enablers.

This unraveling presidency began with the Crybaby-in-Chief banging his spoon on his highchair tray to protest a photograph — a photograph — showing that his inauguration crowd the day before had been smaller than the one four years previous. Since then, this weak person’s idea of a strong person, this chest-pounding advertisement of his own gnawing insecurities, this low-rent Lear raging on his Twitter-heath has proven that the phrase malignant buffoon is not an oxymoron.

(snip)

The measures necessary for restoration of national equilibrium are many and will be protracted far beyond his removal. One such measure must be the removal of those in Congress who, unlike the sycophantic mediocrities who cosset him in the White House, will not disappear “magically,” as Eric Trump said the coronavirus would. Voters must dispatch his congressional enablers, especially the senators who still gambol around his ankles with a canine hunger for petting.

Hope you all get a chance to read it.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 15 • Views: 3,427 • Replies: 143

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 06:12 am
I note that you didn't mention anything the president has done that you object to specifically.
Below viewing threshold (view)
engineer

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 06:15 am
@Brandon9000,
People have been posting specific objections to the President's actions here for a couple of years now.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 06:18 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

I note that you didn't mention anything the president has done that you object to specifically.

I note that you did not offer an answer to the question.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:09 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Brandon, I had no problem criticizing Obama. Obama was the president, and he was my president; I voted for him and I supported him. I didn't consider Obama infallable. I even agreed with conservatives on some of their criticisms of Obama, for example his "red line" in Syria was an absolute fiasco.

I judge any president the same way, based on whether they are doing a good job rather than on their party.

So are the questions.

1) Our country is facing a viral pandemic. We are getting unclear mixed signals from different layers of government as thousands of people die. People are frustrated and scared. What would a good president do about this?

2) Our country is deeply divided on racial lines that have just erupted again. There are protests and violence and anger on all sides. As a country we need leaders who can address the violence, speak to the communities involved and help ensure that all sides are heard so that the country can start healing. How would a good president do this
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Brandon, I had no problem criticizing Obama. Obama was the president, and he was my president; I voted for him and I supported him. I didn't consider Obama infallable. I even agreed with conservatives on some of their criticisms of Obama, for example his "red line" in Syria was an absolute fiasco.

I judge any president the same way, based on whether they are doing a good job rather than on their party.

So are the questions.

1) Our country is facing a viral pandemic. We are getting unclear mixed signals from different layers of government as thousands of people die. People are frustrated and scared. What would a good president do about this?

2) Our country is deeply divided on racial lines that have just erupted again. There are protests and violence and anger on all sides. As a country we need leaders who can address the violence, speak to the communities involved and help ensure that all sides are heard so that the country can start healing. How would a good president do this

Excellent questions, Max. Thank you.

I hope Brandon gives you an answer, because my answers will all be variations on, "Damn near anything but what Trump has done."
oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 07:58 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I even agreed with conservatives on some of their criticisms of Obama, for example his "red line" in Syria was an absolute fiasco.

Really? I thought Mr. Obama did pretty well there.

maxdancona wrote:
Our country is deeply divided on racial lines that have just erupted again. There are protests and violence and anger on all sides. As a country we need leaders who can address the violence, speak to the communities involved and help ensure that all sides are heard so that the country can start healing. How would a good president do this

Instruct the National Guard to end the riots immediately. Tell them to use whatever level of weapons and force is necessary to achieve this.

Prosecute any violent thugs who survive the crackdown.

Force Franklin Templeton to pay Amy Cooper thirty million dollars.

Call it a day.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 08:01 am
@oralloy,
Oralloy is clearly confusing the term "good president" with "middle-school bully".

I think that explains a lot.
oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 08:05 am
@maxdancona,
These BLM goons were an outrage to begin with, and no one should tolerate their violence and destruction.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:34 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
People have been posting specific objections to the President's actions here for a couple of years now.

"Everyone knows" is an invalid argument.
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
...I hope Brandon gives you an answer, because my answers will all be variations on, "Damn near anything but what Trump has done."

You have implied that Mr. Trump is a bad president without all the fuss and bother of having to formulate and then defend a specific criticism. How about this? You're a terrible member of A2K. Why? Because of the things you've done. There, I've proved it now!
Brandon9000

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:45 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Express his own views on those matters in dispute and give people the feeling that we'll get through it. People are frustrated and scared because it's a scary situation and coordination among authorities is imperfect. Trump didn't create the virus and he isn't responsible for everything every government official says.

maxdancona wrote:

Say that the murder was bad, express what he thinks is morally right, and then move to quell specific injustices.

Who are you comparing Trump to? Perfection? Sometimes frightening and difficult events occur in the world. That's the nature of existence. How would other politicians have done if given the hand that Trump was dealt? You don't know.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:52 am
@Brandon9000,
Withdrawing from the WHO during a global pandemic is disastrous.

That’s just his most recent **** up.
engineer

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:52 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

engineer wrote:

"Everyone knows" is an invalid argument.

That's not what I said. I said "people have been posting specific objections to the President's actions here for a couple of years now. " You have read those posts and replied to them. For you to say that people have not posted specific concerns is at best intellectually dishonest.
oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:55 am
@engineer,
If someone posted something two years ago in a different thread, that's nothing to do with this thread.

Brandon9000 was correct to note the absence of any specific accusations in this thread.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 10:18 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Instruct the National Guard to end the riots immediately. Tell them to use whatever level of weapons and force is necessary to achieve this.

Prosecute any violent thugs who survive the crackdown.

Force Franklin Templeton to pay Amy Cooper thirty million dollars.

Call it a day.

Yeah. You want the protesters to go back to writing letters-to-the-editor asking that something be done.

That was working so well!
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 10:20 am
@oralloy,
Actually Oralloy,

I think you are making Brandon uncomfortable. You are doing more to get Brandon to question his position than I ever could.

Good job.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 10:26 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
...I hope Brandon gives you an answer, because my answers will all be variations on, "Damn near anything but what Trump has done."

You have implied that Mr. Trump is a bad president without all the fuss and bother of having to formulate and then defend a specific criticism. How about this? You're a terrible member of A2K. Why? Because of the things you've done. There, I've proved it now!

I defy you to show anywhere where I implied in any way that Trump is a "a bad president."

He would have to improve way beyond what I consider his abilities in order to become a "bad president."

He is one of the most vile, contemptible, boorish, classless human beings I have ever seen in public life. (Okay, there is Martin Shkreli, who might be equally disgusting, although I think not.)

He is an horrendous president...a president who endangers the Republic and its institutions more ominously than any foreign enemy during my lifetime.

To suggest I called him a "bad president" is like suggesting I would refer to Adolf Hitler as a "bad guy."

I hope that cleared that up.
oralloy

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 10:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
He seems like a pretty good president to me. He protects America from progressives.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » IF GEORGE WILL FEELS THIS WAY...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.32 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:28:33