IF GEORGE WILL FEELS THIS WAY...

roger

Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 10:43 pm
@izzythepush,
Sounds right. I don't know a thing about WHO, but all I need to know about Trump.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 01:04 am
@roger,
The UN was set up primarily by America, it was to promote global cooperation and shared interests. Organisations like the WHO and UNICEF are there to make the World a better place.

Of course they’re not perfect, what large organisation is?

And there should be an impartial investigation into WHO’s handling, not some partisan nonsense designed to make Trump look good.

Trump was full of praise for the Chinese leadership right at the start of the pandemic. He only started criticising it once the pandemic hit home.

For all the WHO’s faults I don’t think any of their officials called the virus a hoax.
0 Replies

chrisgriffin42975

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 03:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
because affirmitive action is based off race you yell for fear treatment but want a edge. racism will never end for the simple reason that blacks attack whites just people on people crime whites attack black its racism. because blacks get a scholarship because they are black and need to feel a quota even if the white person has better grades worked harder doesn't run as fast. It will never end till blacks stop saying they deserve money when the U.S ended slavery with a civil war but they still blame the irish the polish the jewish people and expect them to pay when they killed and died to end it. because blacks blame all white people for all their problems been 160 years since slavery ended and 60 since jim crowe. People support him because he strong on China which has destroyed more black jobs % wise then white jobs because neither parties really want change. Obama the 1st black president didn't change one thing other then free cell phones there was 40 recommendations to change police Obama failed to put even 1 into affect. Because some people believe in smaller goverment America first while the left believes nothing matters or they would change things under obama in 2010 when they held both houses. until blacks see and stop blaming white and stop killing each other by the dozens every weekend but get pissed when a cop kills one and riot then things will change and that will never happen because blacks don't care and whites care even less when the don't
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:23 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I don't know how many police officers have been murdered recently, but I've heard of one in Las Vegas I think.

Another (albeit retired):
https://apnews.com/1421b4f84e39488c41c0a285dba8a8cc
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:28 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
the black men in our nation who are steaming...are doing so appropriately. This nonsense that black men can be killed with such impunity MUST END.

I'm not saying that every one of these killings is self defense. The case in Minnesota appears to be a crime from what little I know of it.

But in the vast majority of these cases, the deaths are justified self defense.

People are not going to stop defending themselves when someone tries to kill them.

"In the vast majority of these cases?"

Nonsense.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:33 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
...I hope Brandon gives you an answer, because my answers will all be variations on, "Damn near anything but what Trump has done."

You have implied that Mr. Trump is a bad president without all the fuss and bother of having to formulate and then defend a specific criticism. How about this? You're a terrible member of A2K. Why? Because of the things you've done. There, I've proved it now!

I defy you to show anywhere where I implied in any way that Trump is a "a bad president."

He would have to improve way beyond what I consider his abilities in order to become a "bad president."

He is one of the most vile, contemptible, boorish, classless human beings I have ever seen in public life. (Okay, there is Martin Shkreli, who might be equally disgusting, although I think not.)

He is an horrendous president...a president who endangers the Republic and its institutions more ominously than any foreign enemy during my lifetime.

To suggest I called him a "bad president" is like suggesting I would refer to Adolf Hitler as a "bad guy."

I hope that cleared that up.

And amazingly, all of this without one single concrete example. Numerous serious specific allegations and not one fact given to back them up. That pretty much says it all about your position.

Oh, he definitely is a vile, contemptible, boorish, classless human being. and he is an horrendous president...a president who endangers the Republic and its institutions more ominously than any foreign enemy during my lifetime.

I know what I forgot to add: Anyone who needs examples or evidence of this...would need examples or evidence of trees in a forest. Ya know, like...

https://www.carbonbrief.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/stock-forest-wood-england-UK-1550x804.jpg

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:34 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

oralloy wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Yeah. You want the protesters to go back to writing letters-to-the-editor asking that something be done.
That was working so well!

What needs to be done? They can write letters if they want to of course.

I cannot tell you for sure what "needs" to be done...but I can tell you how I very likely would feel if I were a black man right now in the United States.

I think it would be a variation on: Bring the ******* country to its knees. Screw things up so badly that nobody, white, black or any other color, gets any enjoyment in life. Make life as hard, and savage as possible; create a street style dog-eat-dog existence.

If I were a black man right now in America I would think the people rioting and looting at the moment are being too kind; too deferential; too respectful of laws that favor the whites.

Okay?

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying, you are asserting that the destruction of the businesses of innocent citizens, robbing them, beating or killing them is not only morally correct but necessary is that right? Please correct me if I have mischaracterized the meaning of this post.

That certainly is not what I said...nor did I intimate any of that.

You really ought to consider a remedial reading course, Brandon.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:36 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Nope. That is not what I am saying.

I am beginning to suspect that does not much matter to Brandon.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:37 am
@chrisgriffin42975,
chrisgriffin42975 wrote:

because affirmitive action is based off race you yell for fear treatment but want a edge. racism will never end for the simple reason that blacks attack whites just people on people crime whites attack black its racism. because blacks get a scholarship because they are black and need to feel a quota even if the white person has better grades worked harder doesn't run as fast. It will never end till blacks stop saying they deserve money when the U.S ended slavery with a civil war but they still blame the irish the polish the jewish people and expect them to pay when they killed and died to end it. because blacks blame all white people for all their problems been 160 years since slavery ended and 60 since jim crowe. People support him because he strong on China which has destroyed more black jobs % wise then white jobs because neither parties really want change. Obama the 1st black president didn't change one thing other then free cell phones there was 40 recommendations to change police Obama failed to put even 1 into affect. Because some people believe in smaller goverment America first while the left believes nothing matters or they would change things under obama in 2010 when they held both houses. until blacks see and stop blaming white and stop killing each other by the dozens every weekend but get pissed when a cop kills one and riot then things will change and that will never happen because blacks don't care and whites care even less when the don't

No.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Nonsense.

It's not nonsense.

Over and over and over again these Black Lives Matter goons try to lynch people (usually but not always police officers) for justified self defense.

Now just recently they lynched a woman in New York for merely calling the police when a black man was menacing her in Central Park.

I expect that a lot of people won't be calling the police anymore when they feel threatened by a minority. A much safer option will be to eliminate the threat themselves and then slip away before anyone notices.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:47 am
@Brandon9000,
You’re one of the few Trump supporters I have any time for, you’re not someone who has a knee jerk response to any criticism of Trump, and some of what you say makes sense. At least you’re not some evangelical nutcase.

However you’re not entirely honest, demanding answers to points that have already been covered and what most people would consider as read.

You did it to me a while back when I said that the US homicide rate per capita is much higher than that of the UK. You demanded proof, which I provided because it was easy to find, and could be considered common knowledge.

You weren’t doing this because you genuinely didn’t know it was the case. You did it to shut down the debate and wate my time by providing unnecessary details.

It’s called sealioning and you do it a lot. You’re doing it now. You ask for one example, I give you one, but then we get a follow on question based on a hypothetical situation, a hypothetical situation that Trump is trying to push as factual. You do this to close down the debate.

As Engineer has pointed out you’ve been here long enough to see how specifically Trump has been criticised for all manner of things. His attack on the environment, his unnecessary trade war with resulting in a surplus of soya beans that nobody wants, his attack on allies, his undermining of NATO while sucking up to dictators like Putin and Kim. His policy regarding Iran means they’re now enriching uranium and his lack of leadership gave the green light to the Saudis to murder an American resident and journalist and for Putin to murder British citizens in Salisbury.

You know all this, but you’d rather we waste time going through it all over again instead of addressing the points Frank has made.

You’re not engaging in honest debate.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:55 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Nonsense.

It's not nonsense.

Okay...I'll take your word for it and go with the characterization I originally chose and changed:

That is a bunch of horseshit.

I hope that works better for you.

Quote:
Over and over and over again these Black Lives Matter goons try to lynch people (usually but not always police officers) for justified self defense.

More horseshit. And please keep in mind that I probably have more cops and law enforcement people in my immediate family than 90+% of the families in this country.

Quote:
Now just recently they lynched a woman in New York for merely calling the police when a black man was menacing her in Central Park.

The man was not even CLOSE to menacing her. That area of the Park (a great favorite of mine) requires dogs to be on leashes. Lots and lots of signs around telling everyone this. The guy courteously asked her to put her dog on a leash. She apparently didn't give a **** about what she was supposed to do...or about her dog. She damn near strangled the dog without thinking twice about it.

Quote:
I expect that a lot of people won't be calling the police anymore when they feel threatened by a minority. A much safer option will be to eliminate the threat themselves and then slip away before anyone notices.

Nah, there are plenty of people stupid enough to do what she did while being taped.

Plenty of 'em.
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 08:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
More horseshit.

That is incorrect. Over and over and over again these Black Lives Matter goons try to lynch innocent people (quite often police officers but not always) for justifiably defending themselves.

Frank Apisa wrote:
The man was not even CLOSE to menacing her.
Frank Apisa wrote:
The guy courteously asked her to put her dog on a leash.

That is incorrect. He told her that she was not going to like what he was about to do, and then tried to lure her pet away from her.

Frank Apisa wrote:
She damn near strangled the dog without thinking twice about it.

She was trying to prevent her dog from running over to the menacing psychopath.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Nah, there are plenty of people stupid enough to do what she did while being taped.
Plenty of 'em.

People are not as dumb as you think. They will learn quickly that when they feel threatened by a minority they need to take matters into their own hands instead of involving the police.

I suspect that there will be a lot more minorities found dead in central park in the future.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 12:37 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
More horseshit.

That is incorrect. Over and over and over again these Black Lives Matter goons try to lynch innocent people (quite often police officers but not always) for justifiably defending themselves.

Frank Apisa wrote:
The man was not even CLOSE to menacing her.
Frank Apisa wrote:
The guy courteously asked her to put her dog on a leash.

That is incorrect. He told her that she was not going to like what he was about to do, and then tried to lure her pet away from her.

Frank Apisa wrote:
She damn near strangled the dog without thinking twice about it.

She was trying to prevent her dog from running over to the menacing psychopath.

Frank Apisa wrote:
Plenty of 'em.

People are not as dumb as you think. They will learn quickly that when they feel threatened by a minority they need to take matters into their own hands instead of involving the police.

I suspect that there will be a lot more minorities found dead in central park in the future.

Get help!
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 03:16 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Quote:
Why don't I sense any outrage at the murder of 4 police in the past few days

I think this is a factual error. Would you like to correct it?

Right. Here is the correction:

Why don't I sense any outrage at the shooting of 4 police in the past few days not to mention the people beaten, the destruction of peoples' businesses, in some cases perhaps, businesses built up slowly over years, the property set on fire, the attempts to forcibly storm the White House?

Would you like to answer it?
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 03:36 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The WHO hasn’t behaved improperly, Trump handled the situation appallingly and is trying to shift focus on to the WHO to hide his own incompetence.

Nice research.

Taiwan reported human-to-human transmission of the virus to the WHO on December 31, yet the WHO kept the information to themselves.

The WHO uncritically repeated a Chinese Communist Party statement on January 14 stating there was "no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission”

The WHO supported China opening wet markets in mid-April, despite it being a possible origin of COVID-19.

The WHO discouraged travel restrictions such as the ban imposed by the U.S. and by other governments in early February.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 03:58 pm
@maxdancona,
Here is an addendum to my correction above. It was too late to edit it. As far as I can determine, 6 policemen have been shot in St. Louis and Oakland, CA of whom one died and so can be said to have been murdered. Additionally, a retired police Captain was shot and killed in St. Louis and so can be said to have been murdered.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 04:35 pm
@Brandon9000,
You are playing a cynical game Brandon. There are two issues here.

1) There have been several recent examples of Black men being killed in a way that many Americans see as outrageous. This is part of a long pattern of injustice that where Black men are killed with no consequences to their killers. That one of two political ideologies seems to justify these deaths is even more infuriating.

2) As part of protests and unrest caused by this this injustice and death that is disparately targeting African-American men, there have been crimes committed. These include arson, vandalism and shootings of police officers.

Some of these crimes are commited by African-American protesters. Some have been committed by White Supremacists looking to cause more trouble.

Your question is why I am outraged about the first more than I am outraged about the second.

It is a stupid question. Somebody can be outraged about one without being outraged about the other. I will answer it anyway. It is because I am outraged more about core injustice and racism in society against African-American men more than I am outraged by crime during an period of unrest. So what? I don't approve of this crime, but I don't find it as outrageous as a police officer ignoring the cries of someone in his custody as he dies. It just isn't the same.

The reason you are asking this question is you are trying to distract and minimize the injustice felt by African-Americans that all too often leads to the death of unarmed African-American men.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 04:39 pm
@Brandon9000,
The real question is what are we willing to do to change this situation. Neither of these two recent killings of African-American men should have happened. If these two incidents hadn't happened, then the current unrest wouldn't happen.

We have a political party that is actively trying to block any productive changes and to push things back to the status quo.

That also outrages me.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 05:02 pm
@Brandon9000,
The WHO can't tell China what to do any more that they can tell America what to do.

You make claims but provide no sources. Where's your proof ?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 03:36:40