IF GEORGE WILL FEELS THIS WAY...

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:13 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

You are playing a cynical game Brandon....

The reason you are asking this question is you are trying to distract and minimize the injustice felt by African-Americans that all too often leads to the death of unarmed African-American men.

You don't know my motive and it doesn't matter what my motive is if my points are valid. You can show that my points are not valid, but not by guessing my motivations. The reason that I asked you why you weren't outraged about looting, smashing and burning property, assault, and people trying to force their way into the White House is that you don't seem concerned about it, pretty much as though it weren't happening. These crimes have real victims. Even now, you mention it only grudgingly. This kind of crime being committed numerous times each evening all over the country is not unimportant. What I get from you is that it's of no real consequence.

Had you said that the murder of George Floyd and similar incidents were atrocious and that the crimes being committed by some of the rioters were also atrocious, and sounded like you meant it, I would have dropped the matter, but that's not what I'm hearing. I'm hearing that you don't much care and mention it only because you must in order to respond.

And, just for the record, we don't actually know at this point that the murder of George Floyd was racism. It may well have been racism, for sure, but it also may well have been something else not related to race. We will probably know soon, but nothing I've heard on the news makes that case. And if it turns out to have been racism, don't claim I said it wasn't because that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that as of the time of my posting, we don't know.
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Get help!

I do not require help. I am able to post facts quite well all by myself.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:15 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
You are playing a cynical game Brandon. There are two issues here.

People who point out facts that you dislike are not playing a game. This applies to both me and to Brandon. And it applies to anyone else who tries to point out the truth.

We just care about truth and justice.

maxdancona wrote:
1) There have been several recent examples of Black men being killed in a way that many Americans see as outrageous. This is part of a long pattern of injustice that where Black men are killed with no consequences to their killers. That one of two political ideologies seems to justify these deaths is even more infuriating.

While you didn't specify the events so I can't know exactly what you are referring to, the odds are that most of the events you refer to were justified self defense.

When people are outraged and infuriated at justified self defense, they are saying that the attackers should have been allowed to kill their victim with impunity.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:16 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
The real question is what are we willing to do to change this situation. Neither of these two recent killings of African-American men should have happened. If these two incidents hadn't happened, then the current unrest wouldn't happen.

If you mean that jogger in Georgia, note that that was self defense when he charged and violently attacked Travis McMichael for confronting him about a suspected burglary.

People have the right to be safe from violent attack. They also have the right to be safe from burglars.

maxdancona wrote:
We have a political party that is actively trying to block any productive changes and to push things back to the status quo.
That also outrages me.

I do not see preventing people from defending themselves (and thereby just letting them be murdered) as a productive change.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:26 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

The WHO can't tell China what to do any more that they can tell America what to do.

You make claims but provide no sources. Where's your proof ?

Here is documentation that the things I attributed to the WHO are factual:

Travel ban: https://www.devex.com/news/why-who-doesn-t-like-travel-bans-97149

Human-to-human transmission and wet markets: https://www.jpost.com/international/the-who-sick-with-the-uns-corruption-virus-627012

This contradicts your assertion that the WHO hasn't behaved improperly.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 07:54 pm
@Brandon9000,
max wrote:
This is part of a long pattern of injustice that where Black men are killed with no consequences to their killers. That one of two political ideologies seems to justify these deaths is even more infuriating.

This is the main point. And the point that you are avoiding. Either you agree with it or you don't. The other points you are making are distractions (which I have already answered, even though they are unrelated).

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 08:36 pm
@maxdancona,
People have the right to defend themselves when someone tries to kill them. That's not in any way injustice.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 09:13 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

People have the right to defend themselves when someone tries to kill them. That's not in any way injustice.

Don't be an asshole. I have gotten into a fist fight before (a long time ago). No one died.

When a White person tries to accost a Black person, and the Black person pushes back... it is OK to kill Black people. If someone blocks my path and I push by them, I have zero chance of getting killed because I am White.

That is why it is racism.

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 09:36 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Don't be an asshole. I have gotten into a fist fight before (a long time ago). No one died.

If pointing out facts and fighting for justice makes me an asshole, so be it. I'm going to keep pointing out facts and fighting for justice.

maxdancona wrote:
When a White person tries to accost a Black person, and the Black person pushes back... it is OK to kill Black people. If someone blocks my path and I push by them, I have zero chance of getting killed because I am White.
That is why it is racism.

When has a black person been killed for merely pushing by someone?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 09:48 pm
@glitterbag,
You engage in name-calling because you are incapable of producing an intelligent argument.
glitterbag

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:13 pm
@oralloy,
I'm not addressing you. Calm yourself.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:34 pm
Can you provide proof of this statement?

No?

Then I have to believe that once again, you are incorrect.
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:38 pm
@Sturgis,
You have a big mouth, but you're all hot air. You cannot provide any examples of an untrue statement in any of my posts.

The proof of her lower intelligence is shown by the fact that she relies on childish name-calling instead of presenting facts or logic.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:45 pm
@oralloy,
The proof of your substantially lower intelligence comes up every time you yammer about...

...well, to be honest, about most everything.

I'm truly sorry if this hurts you; but, it's way past the time that you learned the cold hard truth. Someday, you'll look back with deep abiding gratitude for this moment.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:45 pm
@Brandon9000,
So, wanting to reopen markets and allow travel are fine when Trump tries to do it, despite having far higher transmission rates than China.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:52 pm
@Sturgis,
As I’ve pointed out the only of anything is Oralloy’s repetitive, grunting monolithic prose which could have been written by someone with no IQ at all.

The story of his IQ Test is a right laugh too. Bear in mind he could have just said he took a test online. No, he had to move some shapes about when he was at primary school. His shape moving was so great his teachers declared him a genius and sent him home because there was nothing they could teach him.

Actually, I can believe the last bit, not the genius bit obviously, but being sent home because he was incapable of learning sounds about right.
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Wrong again. You, sturgis, and glitterbag are the ones whose posts never show any intelligence.

Lying about my IQ test only shows how dishonest you are.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:57 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:
The proof of your substantially lower intelligence

My IQ is 170. You, glitterbag, and izzythepush are the ones who have a substantially lower intelligence.

Sturgis wrote:
comes up every time you yammer about...
...well, to be honest, about most everything.

You should keep in mind that my posts are not meant for people with a reading level as low as yours.

Sturgis wrote:
I'm truly sorry if this hurts you;

That you lie about me does not hurt me. It only shows how dishonorable you are.

Sturgis wrote:
but, it's way past the time that you learned the cold hard truth.

There is nothing truthful about your posts. All you do is spout personal attacks because you are unable to produce an intelligent argument.

Sturgis wrote:
Someday, you'll look back with deep abiding gratitude for this moment.

Not really. Your dishonesty and your lack of intelligence make you pretty irrelevant.
Sturgis

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:58 pm
Oh dear, it seems we've struck a nerve in oralloy
oralloy

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2020 10:59 pm
@Sturgis,
It is reasonable for me to set the record straight when you lie about me.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/30/2024 at 03:42:12