13
   

Trump (threatens) to move Republican convention if North Carolina won't allow packed arena.

 
 
Frank Apisa
 
  5  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 03:55 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
We have a classless, ignorant goof-ball filling that spot.

Who is doing a great job, in spite of his faults.


You are entitled to that opinion, cj.

But to assert that Trump is doing a "good job" is like thinking Adolf Hitler made Germany great again.
Frank Apisa
 
  5  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 04:00 pm
@revelette1,
revelette1 wrote:

I honestly think if all things are fair and accommodation is made for our situation on voting day, Trump should lose. However, we are talking of republicans, they can find more way to game the system each year. Plus because people with limited vision chose to vote a protest vote in 16', we have a conservative court under Justice Roberts, they will get away with whatever they pull. So, who knows?


Yup...they are resourceful...and may pull it off, especially considering we have the Electoral College to deal with.

I also want to agree with the essence of what you said in your prior post, Rev. I truly can understand the people who voted for Trump in 2016. I think they were nuts, but at least I can understand it; they were hoping for something better.

But to continue to support the man in the face of his utter incompetence and lack of decency in any respect...is beyond the pale. Continued support for him is spitting on the Republic.
coldjoint
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 05:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But to continue to support the man in the face of his utter incompetence and lack of decency in any respect...is beyond the pale. Continued support for him is spitting on the Republic.

Not if you want prosperity back. A Democrat will destroy the economy.
RABEL222
 
  3  
Reply Sat 30 May, 2020 09:15 pm
@coldjoint,
Do you mean the way Bush did or Obama?
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  4  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:16 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
But to continue to support the man in the face of his utter incompetence and lack of decency in any respect...is beyond the pale. Continued support for him is spitting on the Republic.

Not if you want prosperity back. A Democrat will destroy the economy.


Anyone still supporting Trump is either a fool...or intentionally intends harm to our Republic. Trump not only is a terrible president...he is an abomination as a human being.
lmur
 
  3  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Anyone still supporting Trump is either a fool...or intentionally intends harm to our Republic.

I am quite sure coldjoint does not intend intentional harm to your Republic.
hightor
 
  7  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:27 am
somebody wrote:
A Democrat will destroy the economy.

Too late — a Republican already did.
engineer
 
  4  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 07:48 am
Looks like the convention is gone. The NC Health department asked the RNC what their plans were for protecting the participants. They answered and gave the NC government until June 3 to respond. Since Charlotte is a hot spot, I doubt this is going to happen.

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - The Republican National Convention is the be held in Charlotte in less than three months.

The Republican National Committee sent a letter to North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper saying they expect a full convention, no matter the state of the coronavirus pandemic.

In the committee’s eyes, a full convention entails 19,000 delegates, alternate delegates, staff, volunteers, elected officials and guest inside the Spectrum Center.

The RNC also is expecting hotels to be full and restaurants and bars to be at capacity.

The committee responded to a response by state health leaders that details their health and safety guidelines.

“The RNC has worked tirelessly and in good faith throughout the planning process to make this a successful event for everyone. That has not changed,” RNC Chairman Ronna McDaniel wrote on Saturday. “While we have demonstrated our commitment and acted to ensure a safe convention, to date, we have received no guidance that provides us with any assurances that the Convention can proceed according to the terms of the various participants’ original agreement.”

The RNC said it has plans to implement temperature checks, testing before and during the convention, making masks available and providing enhanced sanitation of public areas.


Trump is also all in for an unlimited convention.
Quote:
President Donald Trump called Democratic North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper on Friday and insisted on a full Republican convention this summer with no face masks or social distancing, according to a spokesperson for the governor.

"The Governor spoke to the President today. When the President insisted on a full convention arena with no face coverings and no social distancing the Governor expressed concerns and suggested a scaled back event with fewer attendees," said Sadie Weiner, a spokeswoman for the governor, in a statement. "They agreed to continue talking about ways to have a safe convention in Charlotte."
Frank Apisa
 
  2  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 08:04 am
@lmur,
lmur wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Anyone still supporting Trump is either a fool...or intentionally intends harm to our Republic.

I am quite sure coldjoint does not intend intentional harm to your Republic.


Sounds correct to me, Imur.
0 Replies
 
Frank Apisa
 
  4  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 08:07 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Looks like the convention is gone. The NC Health department asked the RNC what their plans were for protecting the participants. They answered and gave the NC government until June 3 to respond. Since Charlotte is a hot spot, I doubt this is going to happen.

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - The Republican National Convention is the be held in Charlotte in less than three months.

The Republican National Committee sent a letter to North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper saying they expect a full convention, no matter the state of the coronavirus pandemic.


In the committee’s eyes, a full convention entails 19,000 delegates, alternate delegates, staff, volunteers, elected officials and guest inside the Spectrum Center.

The RNC also is expecting hotels to be full and restaurants and bars to be at capacity.

The committee responded to a response by state health leaders that details their health and safety guidelines.

“The RNC has worked tirelessly and in good faith throughout the planning process to make this a successful event for everyone. That has not changed,” RNC Chairman Ronna McDaniel wrote on Saturday. “While we have demonstrated our commitment and acted to ensure a safe convention, to date, we have received no guidance that provides us with any assurances that the Convention can proceed according to the terms of the various participants’ original agreement.”

The RNC said it has plans to implement temperature checks, testing before and during the convention, making masks available and providing enhanced sanitation of public areas.


Trump is also all in for an unlimited convention.
Quote:
President Donald Trump called Democratic North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper on Friday and insisted on a full Republican convention this summer with no face masks or social distancing, according to a spokesperson for the governor.

"The Governor spoke to the President today. When the President insisted on a full convention arena with no face coverings and no social distancing the Governor expressed concerns and suggested a scaled back event with fewer attendees," said Sadie Weiner, a spokeswoman for the governor, in a statement. "They agreed to continue talking about ways to have a safe convention in Charlotte."



Time for North Carolina to tell Trump that they will not agree to his demands...and ask them to move their convention to a state that will.

Yeah, the state will lose some bucks. But sometimes, that is the better alternative.
RABEL222
 
  2  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 11:03 am
I think they should go ahead and hold it as they want too. As cj says the fewer political voters the better for the us.
revelette1
 
  4  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 12:23 pm
@RABEL222,
I am pretty sure that is meant in satire, however, it is not only those who attend who are putting themselves at risk of being infected with Covid-19, but those people will all being going home.

One thing I admit I don't understand is why the people who are protesting who in normal times, have every reason and right to protest, would do so in such crowds as I see on TV. I know some are wearing mask, or face coverings, but not everybody. All of those people will be going home as well, infecting other people if they came into contact with someone who has Covid-19 and don't know it.
0 Replies
 
coldjoint
 
  -4  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 01:19 pm
@hightor,

Quote:
Too late — a Republican already did.

Wrong, the virus and the unnecessary lockdowns did. Any rational person knows that. Democrats count on emotions and stupid low information voters, and on top of it they even treat them that way. And the idiots come back for more.
0 Replies
 
coldjoint
 
  -4  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 01:24 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But to assert that Trump is doing a "good job"

Before the virus we had the lowest unemployment for minorities and women in our history. Wages were rising at the fastest pace in 50 years. We pulled out of Syria. And Trump took on China.

The only damage he has done is to the corrupt establishment politicians. He made life better for the citizens. There are facts to back his performance. There are only accusations on the other side.
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  6  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 05:36 pm
@coldjoint,
Do you ever do anything but twist the facts to fit your opinion? You are a liar and everyone on this site knows that is an honest to god fact.
coldjoint
 
  -4  
Reply Sun 31 May, 2020 07:02 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
You are a liar

Then prove I am. One example please. Just keep trolling. It seems to be all you are capable of.
0 Replies
 
engineer
 
  3  
Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 08:40 pm
It's pretty much official. Governor Cooper said he cannot guarantee a full convention and the RNC should make more modest plans, Trump tweeted.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-rnc-north-carolina_n_5ed6f88fc5b6d69f1da71a35
glitterbag
 
  4  
Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 09:49 pm
@engineer,
Well, good for North Carolina. Maybe Trump can drag his coterie to a more deserving state...I volunteer Kentucky.
roger
 
  3  
Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 10:46 pm
@glitterbag,
I started to react to Kentucky - then I remembered that it's revelette that's from Kentucky. Don't let her get hold of your throat.
glitterbag
 
  5  
Reply Tue 2 Jun, 2020 11:03 pm
@roger,
You're right, Rev is good people, I withdraw Kentucky and volunteer Mississippi.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 03/05/2021 at 11:23:08