49th boundary between US and Canada

tintin

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 10:25 am
Setanta wrote:
Tintin, what are GK books?

In fairness to Mysteryman, we do often get school children here who just want someone to write their papers for them. I'm sure he meant no harm.

Welcome to our monkey house, i hope you will stay and become one of the family.

Get a picture of Tin-Tin to use as your avatar picture, then we'll all see you right away.

i am from india. i am not a child sir. Laughing i am a man. anyway, by GK books i mean the fortnightly published General Knowledge magazines. here they publish our country affairs, international events, economic policy etc etc fortnightly. i like to read those things.

are you the seniormost member in this forum ? i see you posses a huge number of posts !

are all of you from US ?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 10:36 am
I was not saying that you are a child, i understand that part. I was only saying the Mysteryman seems simply to have misunderstood.

I am not familiar with General Knowledge magazine, although it sounds very interesting.

I do have quite a few post, but there is a member from Australia who has half again as many posts as do i. She has in excess of 30,000. If you look under each member's name at the left, you will see the date at which they joined.

Most people here, perhaps, are Americans. Most of those who consistently post, at any event. A large number are English, Canadian and Australian, as well. Obviously, this is easier for native English speakers. We have quite few members from China, a few of whom post regularly. We have had Israelis, Russians, Norwegians, Icelanders, many Germans and French, the occassional Italian, we have a very erudite member from Mexico, and he is not the only Mexican member, a few from varous parts of Latin America. We've had a few other members from the subcontinent.

I suspect that at one time or another, almost every nation has been represented here--although the core of regular contributors is a more restricted group, but still international in character.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 11:32 am
ehBeth wrote:
There aren't a lot of Canadians on the site, but those of us here love to talk about our beautiful country.

And quite right too! I think that Canada is breathtaking in its beauty. The people are quiet, mild mannered and more polite than the Brits, and that's saying something.
I only made a fleeting visit, but it is my intention to come back and do the full tour one day.

Marvellous place. A bit like New Zealand, but much larger...and with shops that actually open.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 11:11 pm
You will be most welcome in Canada Lord Ellpus
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2005 05:15 pm
Dibs on meeting the Lord at the airport.

Dibs dibs dibs.

I've already met the Prince, so I think I've got the whole greeting royalty thing figured out. <it involves lotsa hugging>
0 Replies