Christians: What are the most successful and pop Christian cartoons, comics and video games to date?

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:38 pm
Getting back on topic:

Prince of Egypt was supposedly a Christian animated film a major Hollywood studio produced. I don't know how biblically-accurate it was.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:42 pm
I hate when people claim some secular film, especially some animated one, is a "Christian allegorical" one.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:45 pm
Back in the old days..and it even has been shown again recently, there was Davey and Goliath.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
Hate is an anti-Christian act.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:47 pm
@Sturgis,
I'm not talking about hating people.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:48 pm
@Sturgis,
But the boy had a talking dog.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 03:48 pm
@JGoldman10,
Hate is hate. Doesn't matter how you try to dress it up.
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 04:15 pm
@Sturgis,
It's written, "You who love the Lord hate evil."
izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 04:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
You don’t love the Lord, you love a perversion, a hate filled abomination dreamed up by Jimmy Swaggart

What does the Bible say about that?

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 06:44 pm
Love the netflix show Lucifer.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 06:57 pm
@BillRM,
It didn't work for me at all. After seeing him in Miranda there was no way I could take him seriously, at all.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:00 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Hate is an anti-Christian act.

T ell that to the countless numbers of men and women and children that was put to death in the name Christ over the last two thousands years.

Sultan Bayezid II needed to send a fleet to Spain in order to save many many tens of thousands of Jews from the loving Christians
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:05 pm
It would appear that the most successful game based on the Bible is technically The Binding of Issac, inspired by the story of God telling Abraham to sacrifice his son Issac to test his faith.

However, the game is particularly bloody and violent. According to an interview, the creator used his experiences with his family to make the game.

""My dad's side of the family, they're all born-again Christians," says McMillen. "And with that came very little Biblical talk, but a lot of more stereotypical Christianity - the really negative aspects. Everybody's going to Hell. I'm going to go to Hell because I'm playing D&D, I'm playing Magic [The Gathering], and you're chastised for every little thing. Which is kind of ironic, because it's coming from these born-again Christians who lived the most horrible sinful lives possible before they became Christians and saved. They were all recovering alcoholics, drug addicts, everything else."

And yet, McMillen's beef is not - nor has it ever been - with Christianity. Instead, he and the Bible have an incredibly complicated relationship, built largely on both demons he's attempted to exorcise through his work and the one person who's supported that habit since day one."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-29-the-binding-of-edmund-mcmillen
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:26 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Are there any Christian games made now that are popular and successful and are more family-friendly?
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:35 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It didn't work for me at all. After seeing him in Miranda there was no way I could take him seriously, at all.

The show was not written as anything but to be amusing an so you can also enjoy the eye candy an it not only the males as my girlfriend love the male eyes candy of the show.
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:40 pm
@JGoldman10,
No.

There are games that use Christian iconography and themes like Darksiders, but you would not see them as Christian.

There is an upcoming game called I Am Jesus Christ, a first person game where you play as Jesus. I'm not sure if it is an elaborate hoax or if it is blasphemous.

More details about the game:
Key features:
- Open World
- Special skills
- Realistic fight with Satan
- Over 30 miracles like healing people, walking on water, calming storm, feeding people
- Baptising and getting super power of Holy Spirit
- Praying and increasing of Holy Spirit
- Crucifixion and Resurrection
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1198970/I_Am_Jesus_Christ/
maxdancona

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:47 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Why is Jesus still being portrayed as a White American?

Come on.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:55 pm
There was to me a highly interesting religion short play during the Apollo era.

In the play the two men crew landed on the moon an then when it came time to take off one of them stated he was going to stay on the moon.

In the end, the other crew member stated he did not know why the hell his crew male was planning to die on the moon but he would not leave without him even if it mean his life also.

It ended when it came out it being a religion test of the one crew member from the bible an they both then ended up blasting off the moon together.

Quote:
John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ... 12This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 07:58 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Why is Jesus still being portrayed as a White American?

Come on.

The holy ghost was white perhaps??
Rebelofnj

Reply Sun 17 May, 2020 08:06 pm
@JGoldman10,
Another game I can think is El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron, which is an action game based on the Book of Enoch. The game did not sell, but it received good reviews.

"It follows Enoch, a scribe seeking seven fallen angels to prevent a great flood from destroying mankind. He is helped in his quest by Lucifel, a guardian angel in charge of the protection of the world who exists outside of the flow of time, alongside four Archangels: Michael, Raphael, Uriel, and Gabriel."