so confused! please help!

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 09:25 am
hey i need help! well what happened is i went out with this boy, and he broke up with me. i was so upset, but i got over it, and i really like his mate and i have for a while! This boy (my ex's good friend) didnt have any idea, and wants to meet me now, but i have now also realised his mate (my ex boyfriend) wants to get back with me, and said he loves me. i feel really bad as they are mates, shall i just stay mates with this boy i like as they are mates, and it would probably hurt my ex boyfriend. But, i didnt know he would actually miss me this much, and want to get back together, so i didnt think that me having a new boyfriend would be any problem. Now i'm really stuck! i dont want to upset a friendship, and i just wanted to maybe go out with someone i have known for a while and who's been a really great mate. But, because my ex and him are friends its so hard for me - what do i do? I didnt have any idea that my ex still liked me, as he broke up with me, and i dont want to get back with him, i was so upset when we broke up, but i dont think i want to get back with him. I'm so confused now! As i did really like my ex, and was so upset when we broke up, and just finding out that he said he loves me to a mate is a shock! But i dont want him to break my heart again! and also i think i would get along maybe better with his and my mate. i liked him from before i went out with my ex, but forgot about it when i went out with my ex, but since we broke up, i have realised i like his/my mate. But, my other girl mate said dont say anything, just be normal mates, with the boy i like, helppp please xxx
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 677 • Replies: 2
No top replies

SneakyBeaky

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 12:35 pm
Seems like you just have to sort out your priorities- which is more important to you? Keeping your ex-boyfriend as a friend, or pursuing a new relationship? Is the new relationship realistic? Is it something that you think will last, or will it just be a fling that you're rushing into? Have you thought about maybe bringing up the topic with your ex? If he says he still likes you, you better make sure that you aren't giving him the wrong signals- explain that you don't want to be anything more than friends, that you care about him as a person, but can't be in a relationship with him like before. Personally, I think you can get more out of friendships, why not just see where being friends takes you? You have plenty of time to be in relationships, why not take it slowly, make sure you aren't rushing into things? Those are only suggestions, don't know if they'll help, but yeah. Hopefully all goes well.
0 Replies

princessmirabella

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 09:34 am
hey, i have now decided to get back with my ex, bit afraid as he was the one that broke up with me but we didnt realy have a reason for breaking up i just think it was because he quickly went out with me after breaking up with his ex, so he might of rushed things. But now i've decided to get back with him as he says he wants to alot. But, any advice as i told his mate that i liked him and i'm really embarrassed as i wish i didnt, althought it was when i was single. :$
0 Replies