Happy Canada Day! July 1, 2005

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:30 pm
One a them New Democrats, eh?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:40 pm
I still don't understand why, of the 7½ million dollars that Canada allocates for celebrations, Ontario gets 1 million and Quebec gets 3.2 million. Still trying to buy Quebec.

I watched the news and they said that there was a 20 question questionnaire about Canada and thatonly 40% of the questions were answered correctly. :-( They gave 3 of the questions on air and I am proud to say that I got 100%. I am going to check the online questionnaire to see how I do on the rest.

http://www.globalnational.com

We Canadians appreciate the good wishes of our neighbours in the U.S. and elsewhere.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:44 pm
Setanta wrote:
One a them New Democrats, eh?

Two of them.
On a tandem bicycle!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:46 pm
I just tried the full quiz and only scored 90% on the 20 questions. Much better than average apparently.

:-)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:46 pm
http://img120.echo.cx/img120/1035/42jacklaytonandmarilynchurleyp.jpg

hehehehehe

Jack Layton and Marilyn Churley.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:48 pm
It looks like Marilyn is climbing up Jack's a$$ Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:48 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I just tried the full quiz and only scored 90% on the 20 questions. Much better than average apparently.

Hell, i got 85% . . . didn't know what year y'all switched to the looney, an' som-in' som-in' . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:49 pm
Setanta wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Hell, i got 85% . . . didn't know what year y'all switched to the looney, an' som-in' som-in' . . .

That should almost get you permanent residency status Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:52 pm
Howzabout a job, eh?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 07:58 pm
Setanta wrote:
Howzabout a job, eh?

Not until I get one
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2005 12:16 am
Constitutional Monarchy Setanta, Constitutional :wink: !

I don't care whichever way Canada will go to either remain as a Constitutional Monarchy or a republic. What I don't like, is how the Governor General is staying at the most expensive hotels in Vancouver while even the Queen herself didn't stay at that hotel! BTW, what was with that Northern Trip thing that she took. Sure, it was nice to have closer ties with the other northern countries, but why all the money???

And those senators, people call the job a retirement job, because you really don't need to do that much to be in the senate, you just have to know someone in the leading party and that basically means that most of the time the bill of the leading party would probably be passed! There was one time when a senate challenged a bill though, and it was good to see. Don't get me started on the sponsorship scandal though.

Sorry to dampen the mood, I am a proud resident of Canada, though. Even with some rough history, Canada is now a nation of nations. People have struggled in the country, whereever they're from. Now, the security and freedoms of people are ensured in the Great North, Strong and Free, and sure we might be too polite sometimes, but that's mostly a good thing.

Happy Canada Day! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 07:32 am
Setanta wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
I wanted to move to Canada but since you can't have duel citizenship, I can't. Or won't. Why won't you take me as I am????

I will get there some day. I am the proud citizen of a republic, and that will never change. I would not be the subject of a monarchy with a gun pointed at my head. However, one can become a permanent resident without becoming a citizen.

Pah! I saw your application form, and KNOW why it was refused.

Has it cleared up yet?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 07:56 am
I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may tend to bring the Monarchy into disrepute . . . how was i to know that disease was common among Royals?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2005 08:36 am
Happy belated everyone. I worked on Canada Day, but I got double time, so no complaints here :-D
0 Replies