Coronavirus Diaries

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 03:38 pm
A local death to report. A man in a Tomball nursing home, the same one my mother in law was in at one time. They were criminally negligent, in my opinion, with her. She got infections almost weekly, until we had her moved.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I keep seeing "Nobody has face masks." They got a stack of them for $4 in the little grocery less than a block from my neighborhood.

In a pinch, facemasks work really well to clean your backside if you can't find any toilet paper.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 05:31 pm
@maxdancona,
Leave it to you to twist a post until it means something a poster hasn't intended.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 08:08 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Leave it to you to twist a post until it means something a poster hasn't intended.

Why are you like this Edgar. I posted that because I thought it was funny (people are frantically trying to find masks and toilet paper). You can ignore me. You seem to be trying to pick a fight with me on every thread. I really don't care.

Either chuckle along, or ignore me. This little tantrum you are throwing... I am really not worth it.

We are all just trying to get through this.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 09:12 pm
@maxdancona,
You have to tell me when you are joking. It doesn't translate that way.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 09:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
What did you think? That was a serious suggestion? I don't honestly see how that translates as an insult.

As I have said, I mean no harm. You can always ignore me.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2020 11:00 pm
My reactions to you are tainted by past quarrels. I am working to get beyond it, but it's harder than you would imagine. I'm not holding grudges, just slow to let go.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 12:25 am
@edgarblythe,
That's on you Edgar. I don't carry "taints" from one thread to another.
Brandon9000

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 12:33 am
@maxdancona,
It does scare me. I think you are making good sense.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 03:25 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I enjoyed the Magicians very much. How far are you in the series?
You realize that the story (including the Narnia angle) gets very dark, right? After that it gets darker. I won't say any more.

https://able2know.org/topic/543513-7#post-6956928
https://able2know.org/topic/543513-7#post-6956932

I'm rewatching season three before I progress on to new episodes since it's been awhile. So I still haven't gotten past the end of season three yet.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 03:26 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I keep seeing "Nobody has face masks." They got a stack of them for $4 in the little grocery less than a block from my neighborhood.

N95 certified masks?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 06:47 am
@oralloy,
I didn't look closely. I didn't see that it could benefit me to get one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 06:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

That's on you Edgar. I don't carry "taints" from one thread to another.

Mr. Green
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 06:49 am
Not sure if this will play outside Oz
Lash

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 06:50 am
Trying to work up the motivation to go out into the world. I don't like it. I don't like staying in. Bookstores closed. I can't find some of the things I need. I'm definitely depressed, although I know this is situational depression--still reminding myself of the things I'm grateful for--I know the drill, but being stuck in a small space under a ******* dystopian sky, in a country that's falling apart in a world that's falling apart is a bit much.

Avoidance is good for a while, but eventually, here you are.

I should hike.

Meanwhile, Looking for Toilet Paper, Episode #6, featuring Looking for New Books Episode #1.

0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2020 06:51 am
@Wilso,
Thank you so much! I'll be using this like medicine.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 09:30 am
Aside from the knowledge that the old seem to be the most vulnerable for dying, what bothers me the most as well is the growing numbers of unemployed. Even if the government sends out several hundred dollars to most of us, an unemployed person with small children could use that up in a couple of days. Then what? He still needs groceries. Right now there may be food pantries and such, but when the need grows overwhelming -?
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:29 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeh, thats a fact, and a large part of the unemployed cannot work from home and will be layed off for an indeterminate time period.

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:41 am
@farmerman,
If they can't get a handle on this there is going to be real chaos, not the panic **** we're experiencing now.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2020 11:46 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Yeh, thats a fact, and a large part of the unemployed cannot work from home and will be layed off for an indeterminate time period.

At some point we are going to need some government leadership on this point. The fact that people are supposed to not work for some unknown period of time is frustrating.

If the choice is break the quarantine, or go hungry.... that is a difficult choice for anyone to make.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:42:59