Coronavirus Diaries

maxdancona

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:26 pm
I just got the news today that two members of my extended family have tested positive for Covid-19; one adult who works in a hospital and one toddler.

Both are OK so far, and both are at home. But, now it is personal. These are people I care about.
Lash

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:31 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm hoping the best for them. It's beyond upsetting how many hospital workers are getting ill. I wonder if this would still be possible if they had all the PPEs they require. Please update us as you can. <3
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:34 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Do you or do you not believe that a president should be removed from office with the 25th amendment merely because the other party doesn't approve of his policies?

I am all for conservatives using the 25th Amendment as a weapon to damage or destroy progressive presidencies if it becomes possible for them to do such a thing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:48 pm
Oralloy demonstrates his ignorance once again. Along with Brandon, he seems not to understand how the 25th Amendment works.
Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:51 pm
@Brandon9000,
You're just as ignorant as Oralloy here. The 25th amendment cannot, effectively, be used by "the other party" to remove a sitting president. Read the text of the Amendment--or have someone with ordinary reading comprehension skills explain it to you.
oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:00 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You're just as ignorant as Oralloy here.

I doubt that you can provide examples of untrue statements in any of Brandon's posts either.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:05 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
The DNC/Clintons have a tight web of people who cover for crimes for each other. Media won't report negatively about them, while they will use propaganda techniques to assail their enemies
Without evidnce e are all free to say whatever the hell we wish. Yours is exemplar
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:10 pm
@Brandon9000,
Like Nixon , the planned removal of whom was bipartisan. YEs I believe that a president who is as dangerously incompetent as this one should be removed. Will it happen, OF course not.

You dont seem to understand someone saying something as a ejaculation .

Its like "Where is Ira Einbinder now that we need him"?

You may continue muddling over my statement Im just tired of you "not getting it".
roger

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:28 pm
@Lash,
I've noticed our Canada geese have higher family and moral values that our somewhat slutty mallards. I've never been threatened, but everybody around here treats them with respect.

Oh boy, are we off topic.
oralloy

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:35 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Oralloy demonstrates his ignorance once again.

My knowledge of the Constitution greatly exceeds yours.
Lash

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 07:55 pm
@roger,
Hah.

Well, I think anecdotes from our days are part and parcel of this virus experience. I wouldn't have been home to see this drama if it was a regular Monday. I know I wouldn't have cut grass to feed dad goose if it had been a regular Monday.

The days are dragging for me. How are you passing the time?
roger

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 08:31 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

The days are dragging for me. How are you passing the time?

I read a lot, but don't concentrate as well as usual. Sometimes, I panic even though I'm not sure what scares me. I start one project and interrupt myself that momentarily seems to have more priority. Some days are more or less normal. Sure glad I'm retired and have reasonable.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 10:32 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
You're just as ignorant as Oralloy here. The 25th amendment cannot, effectively, be used by "the other party" to remove a sitting president. Read the text of the Amendment--or have someone with ordinary reading comprehension skills explain it to you.

Nothing to do with what I'm talking to you about. I have now asked you several times whether or not you support farmerman's belief that the president ought to be removed from office now.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 10:35 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
...You may continue muddling over my statement Im just tired of you "not getting it".

I asked you this before. You chose not to answer. I will now ask you again and will continue asking you until you reply. The original post of yours that I reacted to was:

Theres no longer any leadership. Congress should invoke the 25th

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, and correct me if I'm wrong, you believe that it's apparent from reading this that it's in jest, right?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 06:22 am
@Brandon9000,
I don't have to play your stupid games. The Congress has no power to invoke the 25th Amendment. Read the damned thing, and get some political education, for a change.
Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:11 am
I thought this was a "nice" thread -

Be nice if we get away from politics here and just include our personal corona diaries...

Remember we are all in this together
maxdancona

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:21 am
@Linkat,
I started a nice thread here for people who want to support each other with no politics.

https://able2know.org/topic/547017-1
Lash

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:42 am
@Linkat,
I was hoping we could avoid politics on this thread except how it relates to directly to addressing the virus, but I dipped into a conversation that led to these negative interactions. I’ve been kicking myself for that.

I apologize, everybody, for causing this negative diversion.

There are so many places we can argue about politics.

Please feel free to tell me if I do it again.

I’m going to redouble my efforts to keep this thread light.

Please do the same.❤️

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:43 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
My knowledge of the Constitution greatly exceeds yours
Hes alredy explained the Process of removl (As stated in the US CONSTITUTION). He even posted a DIRECT quote of the 25th amendment, and you still deny it.
are demonstrating a pathology that involves a consistent denial of reality. Do you also mutilate little animals?

Were I you (thanks to goodness Im smarter but still able to learn), Id seek professional help. Were talking going to Vienna here, you need a team of experts.
Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 07:52 am
@maxdancona,
thanks - I wish there was a way to "boot" people who consistently ignore this

and still want to be mean while we should be supporting each other.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Coronavirus Diaries
  3. » Page 22
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 10:20:42