Coronavirus Diaries

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 10:02 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I don't have to play your stupid games. The Congress has no power to invoke the 25th Amendment. Read the damned thing, and get some political education, for a change.

Asking you to account for your own posted statements isn't a game. It's what people do in discussions. You supported farmerman's statement that the president should be removed from office via the 25th amendment. Now, when asked repeatedly to confirm that you believe that a president should be removed when not incapacitated based only on disapproving of his policies, you simply refuse to answer.

The only thing that's happened here is that when you were confronted with the implications of your post, rather than admitting that maybe it's a bad idea, you have declared that you don't have to answer. I win.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 10:08 am
@farmerman,
You have now implied repeatedly that the statement:

Theres no longer any leadership. Congress should invoke the 25th

is obviously a jest and that I just "don't get it." The fact, however, is that it isn't obviously a jest and you didn't mean it as a jest. You said it because you'd actually like to see it happen and, irresponsibly, didn't think about whether it was fair or a good precedent to remove a president who isn't incapacitated just because you disagree with his policies. Then, when confronted with questions about it, rather than admitting that maybe it wouldn't be a good thing to do, you dishonestly suggested that the statement:

Theres no longer any leadership. Congress should invoke the 25th

was obviously made in jest and that I just "don't get it."
Lash

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 01:10 pm
@Brandon9000,
Would you stop this conversation on this thread, please?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 01:41 pm
@Brandon9000,
SO heres my reply; The point is that the Vice President and cabinet dont feel that Trump is impaired. Since the removal of the president according to the PROCESS outlined in the 25th Amendment is entirely a POLITICAL ACT, the GOP members of congress woul be biting the hand of a vengeful petulent asshole who would get hi revenge on anyone who strays the path. It is doubly so for the Vice President and Cabinet. Theres actually 2 methods of invoking the 25th , bot of which involve voting the act, and , as Set said, its not gonna happen.

Im frustratd with the poor leadership this clown is displaying. You may be easily fooled by his lies, I am not. I sated a wish that Id like to see happen. IF YOU DONT "ET IT", I am under no obligation to spoonfeed a thought through your obviously dense corpus.
G'day
oralloy

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 02:18 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
He even posted a DIRECT quote of the 25th amendment, and you still deny it.

You cannot provide any examples of me denying anything about the Constitution or it's amendments.

farmerman wrote:
are demonstrating a pathology that involves a consistent denial of reality.

The only person here who denies reality is you. You're just not smart enough to address facts and reality.

farmerman wrote:
Were I you (thanks to goodness Im smarter but still able to learn),

My IQ is 170. Your IQ is considerably lower than my IQ. That's why you always rely on personal attacks instead of addressing facts or logic.
Lash

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 02:56 pm
The unnerving emergency alarm sounded on my phone again.

It looks like this:

GO HOME. STAY HOME.TRAVEL ONLY FOR WORK AND ESSENTIALS. VIRUS SPREADING IN ALL SOUTH CAROLINA COUNTIES.

Local news alert came up minutes later---mandatory work and home restrictions --yet church is still ok. smh
oralloy

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 03:11 pm
@oralloy,
it's = its

That's what I get for trying to rush a quick post without time for proofreading.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 03:13 pm
@Lash,
It's good advice. Stay home for as long as you possibly can, and only go out for quick blitzkrieg trips to the grocery store when you start running out of food.

And try to buy at least two weeks of food when you do go out.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 03:15 pm
@farmerman,
g'day eh
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 03:30 pm
Crafters are almost having a good time. Free patterns and classes on a pile of sites. I've been doing more knitting than usual. Just found a sweet little pattern for pocket-sized health care worker dolls to give to little concerned friends. In one of the locals Palz groups, a nearby wool spinner/dyer put up some of her glorious wool longlocks. I was going to leave them for a serious knitter then decided the little dolls need funky hair so I walked over (as part of a rare social-distancing sunshine grab) to do a contact-free pickup. The longlocks will air out before a good vodka spritz. Wore the boldest, brightest clothing and mask I have so I'd be supervisible and easy to avoid. It worked. Only one teen with dog came closer than about 10 feet. The covid19 fashion lesson? dress like you want to be a candidate for what not to wear.

Since local buses are doing only back-door loading to avoid anyone breathing near drivers, no fare is charged. Payment only required for subway/streetcars. May take advantage of this info for this week's shopping trip. Can go to a better greengrocer this way. Have to remember that shops are closed Friday and Sunday, and that stores have asked us to avoid Thursday as it will be busier than normal.

Saw a few buses while I was out. Most buses had between 0 and 2 passengers. If I stay away from work transit hours, should be able to avoid most humans while travelling.
Lash

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 04:43 pm
I was so excited to start a garden with my son...until he sent me this video.

Is he going to pee on my broccoli?
He said: I laughed my ass off.
But he’s looking for natural fertilizers.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 04:51 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
...emergency alarm...

Jealousy shall now take over (do not be afraid if I turn green). I get alarms on the cell for things that don't concern me (directly at least). Storm warnings for places hundreds of miles away.

On a side note, I got a call today from my medication insurance company - they wanted me to know there is a pandemic taking place and said I can call toll free between 8 a.m.and 6 p.m.Eastern time for the latest updates.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 06:41 pm
I was woken from a deep sleep about 6:30 from the phone ringing. I was in such a deep sleep because I had a hard time sleeping last night... m husband was downstairs and answered the phone... no one calls that early unless it is an emergency... it was my damn work ... a recording saying they were having access issues... what the heck have me a damn headache.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2020 09:01 pm
John Prine has died from complications of the coronavirus.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 06:46 am
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:16 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
pocket-sized health care worker dolls to give to little concerned friends. <snip> need funky hair

just finished the first longlocks lid. this thing is going to look funky all right. I'd keep it if I didn't know a small human who will get a kick out of this. the hair needs another vodka spritz to get more of the fresh dye out.

tomorrow will be the weekly shop. not sure how people do it for two weeks if walking and toting groceries. two weeks of fruit/veg for 2 people would be waaaay too heavy for me even with the rolling suitcase and a knapsack
roger

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2020 09:19 pm
@ehBeth,
Maybe suitcase and knapsack will work there. Around here, they are not letting us use reusable shopping bags.
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 04:54 am
@roger,

people working in the store are not allowed to handle the reusables, but you can use them as long as you bag your own groceries.

i think...
Lash

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 06:21 am
I’ve had to bag my own groceries in a couple of shops and it was done for me in others, but none of them will pack in my bags. A little sad for me because I’d moved away from plastic bags years ago and now, I have to bring all this plastic into my home. But now that Rog has mentioned this, I wonder if I could pack up my own roll-y airline bag. I’m gonna try it next outing. As long as they don’t have to touch it, might be ok.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 9 Apr, 2020 09:55 am
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

people working in the store are not allowed to handle the reusables, but you can use them as long as you bag your own groceries.

i think...

Everywhere I went has noted that they are no longer allowing reusables now - according to state (MA) current regulations.

1. Forums
  2. » Coronavirus Diaries
  3. » Page 23
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 08:57:25