Coronavirus Diaries

oralloy

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 06:42 pm
@Lash,
When you leave the Facebook Click ID (fbclid=xxxxxxx) in your URL, Facebook can track everyone who clicks the link. Pretty soon Facebook will be recommending everyone here to each other as potential friends using their real names.

The link works just fine with everything after the "?" removed.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-24/medical-masks-auctioned-for-huge-markup-while-hospitals-run-out

There are occasional links that do need elements after the "?". However, no link ever needs a Facebook Click ID.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 07:30 pm
@farmerman,
I actually think this is the best reason we’ve had to invoke the 25th.
farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 09:01 pm
@Lash,
hes like a combination of Capt Queeg and Jabba the Hut
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 09:08 pm
We're fighting 2 pandemics atm. Coronavirus - and stupidity.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:13 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Theres no longer any leadership. Congress should invoke the 25th

And you basically don't care if you establish a precedent that members of one party can remove a president if they don't agree with his policies that all future generations will have to live with? I thought the Founders intended it for cases of presidents who were incapacitated, not as a tool for people of one party to throw a president out because they don't like his approach.
McGentrix

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2020 10:34 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Spending your time off hitting the bottle?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 12:03 am
@Brandon9000,
Is history another subject about which you're clueless? The 25th Amendment was ratified in 1967. Can you explain what the founders had to do with that? Did they get a medium in to contact them from beyond the grave for their opinion on the subject?

This is the operative section of the 25th Amendment, on the subject of the removal of the President from office:

Section 4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

So when do you think the Vice President and a majority of the officers of the executive branch will move to remove President Plump from office?
Lash

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 08:16 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon, I wanted to speak about this with you. I understand what you're saying.

The DNC/Dems started trying to overturn the election before he was even in office. The primary problem was -- everything they tried to accuse Trump of as far as financial impropriety, the Dems could be accused of. And he knows that--and he uses it to his advantage. (See Quid Pro Quo Joe.... Oil exec wunderkind Hunter Biden...)

So, I think the 'witch hunt'-- and yes,I think that was an apt descriptor (a wide-ranging attempt to find dirt)--hurt the Dems MUCH more than it did Trump.

If they'd held their water, a serious drive to unseat him now would have much more credibility. But, you know the boy who cried wolf...

So, Brandon, it does set a precedent. I can see our failing collapsing experiment devolving into contested presidential wins and impeachments for however many election cycles this country has left.

It is laid at the feet of having two major political parties and voting for the lesser of evils. I believe if there isn't a revolution or climate change doesn't get us first, we'll devolve into chaos.

We're being governed by a nut in charge of career thieves who are still trying to see how they can squeeze more money out of their congressional positions before jetting off to safe places while we all kill each other for food and clean water.

I guess I'm having a bad coronavirus day today.

edited again--This sounds like anorexia. Can't control anything but what I eat (or don't). Yay!! Something interesting!! LOL!!!
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 08:46 am
@Lash,
Trouble with your post is that TRUMP can be easily proven to have engaged in self dealing, tax improprieties, emoluments, aiding a foreign government, fraud (remember Trump U??). None of those charges against Bidens and Clintons have shown ANY factual evidence in order to take to the courts. For Clinton its been almot 5 yars . SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE?
\None of that Alx Jones BS stuff that only one person makes up.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 08:51 am
@Brandon9000,
****, I saw that Swt snt you to school. All I could add was that until ratified, the "FOUNDING FATHERS" didnt even hae the first 10 Amendments.

TheGOP ladership is kinda like some banana republic. Wveryone suspects everyone else and noone will want to have their hads any higher than the next guy. Of ccourse these jackals will never invoke the 25th. BUT I CAN ALWAYS HOPE.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 09:48 am
@Setanta,
You talked about everything except my point. Do you or do you not believe that a president sh0uld be removed from office with the 25th amendment merely because the other party doesn't approve of his policies? Are you willing to see that become precedent, that the 25th amendment is just an extension of the election process?

I would say that a president should be removed when he is clearly disabled, not just because I don't approve of him.
Lash

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 09:51 am
@farmerman,
You're not going to be convinced by anything I say, but I'll say it. The DNC/Clintons have a tight web of people who cover for crimes for each other. Media won't report negatively about them, while they will use propaganda techniques to assail their enemies.

Do you think it's odd how Jeffery Epstein died? Why do you imagine his pimp Ghislaine Maxwell is still running around free? Do you think it's odd that she's in pictures at Chelsea Clinton's wedding? That Bill Clinton and many other notable politicians and elites were also recorded as having gone to Lolita Island, yet they've gotten off unscathed?

Do you think it's odd that Juanita Broaddrick's account of a rape by Bill Clinton and Tara Reide's account of a violent sexual attack by Biden don't merit news or investigations?

The Clintons kept getting off because they have the thickest thread of pay-offs and favors and threats in this country. Boss Tweed on acid. Bill made all the Wall Street billionaires when he axed Glass Steagal. He is the primary reason for the 2008 crash and the lopsided economy right now. He was brilliant in how he accomplished it. It has paid off incredibly well for him, Wall Street, and the wealthy.

Idiots will run over to this post and say--look, Lash is proving she's a republican again. They use Alex Jones like you just did to distract from the truth. "Lash is invoking pizzagate." It's either ignorance, fear of admitting it, or a sad tribalism that censures legitimate criticism because people know there's truth in it, but don't care because 'their side must win at all costs.'

Plenty of progressives and respected apolitical commentarians will say the same thing.

If you're defending Hunter Biden. why? If you're defending the Clinton Foundation, why?

I would welcome a deep investigation into Trump--if it was concurrent with the same type of investigation into Biden's behavior around Hunter's position at Burisma.

Would you?

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 09:52 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
****, I saw that Swt snt you to school. All I could add was that until ratified, the "FOUNDING FATHERS" didnt even hae the first 10 Amendments.

TheGOP ladership is kinda like some banana republic. Wveryone suspects everyone else and noone will want to have their hads any higher than the next guy. Of ccourse these jackals will never invoke the 25th. BUT I CAN ALWAYS HOPE.

Thanks for ignoring my question. Do you or do you not believe that a president should be removed because the other party doesn't approve of his policies - just as a continuation of the election process and not because he's truly incapacitated? You realize that if that ever happens, it will set a precedent. Answer.

Did the GOP see WW2 as an opportunity to launch all kinds of investigations into Roosevelt or did they decide that we need to pull together in an emergency?
Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 11:04 am
@Brandon9000,
What I saw is your glaring ignorance. I'm not obliged to play your rhetorical games. If you had read and understood Section 4 of the 25th amendment (this post suggests you haven't), then you'd know that that amendment can only be invoked by the Vice President and officers of the administration. One can reasonably assume that those are members of the President's own party--not the other party.

I'll add reading comprehension to the list of those things you don't do well.

Three times in the history of this nation, "the other party" has attempted to remove a sitting president. All three attempts have failed.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 11:10 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

What I saw is your glaring ignorance. I'm not obliged to play your rhetorical games. If you had read and understood Section 4 of the 25th amendment (this post suggests you haven't), then you'd know that that amendment can only be invoked by the Vice President and officers of the administration. One can reasonably assume that those are members of the President's own party--not the other party.

I'll add reading comprehension to the list of those things you don't do well.

Three times in the history of this nation, "the other party" has attempted to remove a sitting president. All three attempts have failed.

I asked you a question that isn't very difficult but which you seem to not want to answer. You appear to be defending farmerman's call to invoke the 25th amendment. Do you believe that it's okay to remove a president by means of the 25th amendment because you don't like with his policies when he isn't incapacitated? Do you believe that it's okay to set that precedent?
Setanta

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 11:36 am
@Brandon9000,
The list of what you don't understand just grows longer. I don't "appear" to support a call for invoking the 25th Amendment. That's because it's not going to happen. That weenie Pence is not going to attempt to invoke it, and he'd still need the concurrence of that pack os scoundrels who constitute Plump's executive branch. Once again, since it seems not to have sunk in with you--the other party cannot invoke the 25th Amendment.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 12:13 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The list of what you don't understand just grows longer. I don't "appear" to support a call for invoking the 25th Amendment. That's because it's not going to happen. That weenie Pence is not going to attempt to invoke it, and he'd still need the concurrence of that pack os scoundrels who constitute Plump's executive branch. Once again, since it seems not to have sunk in with you--the other party cannot invoke the 25th Amendment.

I only said that you appear to support it, to be defending it. I made no comment about its likelihood. You also appear to be evading my question about whether you think it's good to use the 25th amendment because you don't agree with a president's actions even though he isn't incapacitated.
farmerman

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 04:38 pm
@Brandon9000,
Had yyou read my post, you would have seen it more as a plas than as a possibl occurence.

Its kinda like sayin'Wheres John Brown now that we need him?"

Ive gotta quit basing posts on assumed comprehension skills.
Brandon9000

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 04:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Had yyou read my post, you would have seen it more as a plas than as a possibl occurence.

Its kinda like sayin'Wheres John Brown now that we need him?"

Ive gotta quit basing posts on assumed comprehension skills.

Okay, let's talk about comprehension skills.

First of all, what is a "plas?"

The original post of yours that I reacted to was:

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, and correct me if I'm wrong, you believe that it's apparent from reading this that it's in jest, right?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2020 06:23 pm
So, I saw this 25ish year old dude nearly **** his pants outside my window. He probably heard me laughing, but sometimes, you can't modulate in time.

One of the 25 or so geese on our property is nesting under my window. Merited a mass emailing to everyone in the 7 or 8 apt bldgs. Location of aggressive husband geese, nests, 'we've called animal control...'

Bob must not have gotten the memo. He danced and cursed that goose. Tried to regain composure, shot it a bird (must've thought that reconstituted his dignity. It did not.

He kept yelling at it though, little goose man, trying to protect his wife and children, and it made me sad. My fresh bowl of water and grass that I'd snipped off with my scissors an hour earlier, still sitting out there about 6 feet from him (as close as he'd let me get. He stuck his tongue out at me and started hissing.) He'd been standing guard for hours in the heat on the hot pavement while mom sat on the nest in shade about four feet away from him. With cars and entryways, she hadn't picked that great a nest site, but who am I?

So, I walked out and just said to the yelling guy who was now standing in between the gent and his missus, QUITE dismayed, "He's a little upset, his wife and eggs are over there."

Bob calmed down, said, "Yeah, I know," which was a very Bob thing to say, and waolked away, allowing goose husband to return to closer proximity to his family.

In other news, the kids and I are getting ready for a family hoedown on the internet.

My appetite has decreased by 65%.

I'm becoming increasingly avoidant of going to the store. I'm eating things I would've never eaten before. (Salad with two items...) Nothing wrong with that, I don't guess. Just a notable change.

I got an email tonight from my principal. We have a Zoom mtg tomorrow to hear how we decide which of our students pass the grade and which don't.

1. Forums
  2. » Coronavirus Diaries
  3. » Page 21
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:25:49