Coronavirus Diaries

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:19 pm
@maxdancona,
You people throw words like "extremists" around while those bastards rob the nation of every speck of anything worth having. If their services are still needed in coming days somebody will provide them, because that's where the next big money will be. Don't **** me there will be no jobs.
Lash

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:23 pm
@maxdancona,
Hilarious.

Dead people don't need no job. They need goddamn money from the gubmint to keep them from losing everything until this blows over.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Airlines do not need bailout money. These miserable scuzzballs have been soaking the people flying for years. They are constantly looking for and finding new ways to up the price of a ticket so as to get a tidier profit. A profit which doesn't go to the rank and file worker. It goes to the people at the top, the already handsomely paid executives.

More seats (less leg room and narrower seats), reduction of any "perks", such as roasted almonds, continental breakfast...any food product. Charges for each bag...

No way an airline should get more taxpayer dollars.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:56 pm
Tell those CEO scuzzballs to bring back some of that offshore money if they need cash.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:56 pm
Money paid to corporations, effectively, corporate welfare, will not go into the pockets of workers until after corporate board members and djstr holders get their cut, off the top. Paying money into corporate coffers will not benefit the working class, and will provide precious little benefit to the middle class. The bill the Republicans were trying to push through the Senate would provide enough money to give every person for whom Form 941 deposits have been made in this fiscal year $2000 apiece for the next five months. That will feed their families, and pay their rent. Anyone who thinks the Senate bill will put money in the pockets of the working class is living in Lala land.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 01:59 pm
Many of these corporations have plowed their profits back into their own corporations by buying shares in their corporations, which generates more money for the share holders. Now they're whining for a bailout because they have no revenue reserves. They are scumbags, and they want the working class taxpayers to bail them out.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
I said the word Extremist and I meant it.

- Right wing extremists are underestimating the effects of the virus and are resisting efforts to respond to it.

- Left wing extremists are minimizing the effects on the economy and are sabotaging efforts to respond.

We need a strong effort to enact social distancing to fight the spread of the virus. And we also need a strong effort to save the economy from collapse. **** the extremists on both sides.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:16 pm
@maxdancona,
The real extremists are those who stand in the way of saving the nation, such as yourself. The super rich will always be super rich in the foreseeable future. But the holdup helping the ones struggling is the fact congress is only working to save the rich. Face it, Max, You are on the wrong side of history.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:20 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

The real extremists are those who stand in the way of saving the nation, such as yourself. The super rich will always be super rich in the foreseeable future. But the holdup helping the ones struggling is the fact congress is only working to save the rich. Face it, Max, You are on the wrong side of history.

How do you see me standing in the way of saving the nation? I am saying that we need to do both; a strong response to the threat of the virus, and an equally strong response to the economic consequences.

I started another thread for this tangent...

https://able2know.org/topic/546713-1
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:25 pm
As I've said, The rich have enough already. The government wants to give them more and is not able to bring themselves to make a good bill to help the people. I don't need to go to another thread to say that.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:28 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

As I've said, The rich have enough already. The government wants to give them more and is not able to bring themselves to make a good bill to help the people. I don't need to go to another thread to say that.

That's all rainbows and unicorns. But it isn't reality. It fails to answer the real question.

If the choice is bailout the airlines or face economic consequences including millions of layoffs... can you put the real needs of workers over your political ideology?

Do you care about your political ideology more than the real needs of a country in crisis?
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:31 pm
It just came to mind another thing that must be difficult - a wedding!

Damn and I thought it was bad when my wedding venue closed unexpectedly a month before my wedding.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 02:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Do you care about your political ideology more than the real needs of a country in crisis?

You sure don't.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 03:32 pm
Care about saving the country more, I mean.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:03 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Left wing extremists are minimizing the effects on the economy and are sabotaging efforts to respond.
How can you say that intelligently? We dont even hve knowledge of the actual RATE of infection and the numbers of fatalities and therefore the overall lthality of the strain is yet to be verified.

I dont think that throwing the most sensitive population under the bus is leadership.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:19 pm
https://scontent.fhou1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/90895366_584238258833862_8323781107958939648_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=KV7wXiqkjHwAX_OPOjx&_nc_ht=scontent.fhou1-2.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=6fe6bca70e2554e98157c7de1a9c7ae9&oe=5EA00EBA
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 04:21 pm
@farmerman,
What drives me crazy is how stupid people are about what will happen if we give these clowns a big corporate bailout. It will end up in the pockets of the corporate board, upper level management and the share holders. People are whining about Boeing, and ignoring the billions they used to buy their own stock, lining the pockets of the corporate board and shareholders.

The notion that such a bailout will significantly benefit employees is boneheaded bullsh*t. This is trickle-down economic writ large. To paraphrase Everett Dirksen, a trillion here, a trillion there--pretty soon you're talking about real money. For less than two trillion dollars, everyone for whom 941 deposits were made in this fiscal year could get a check for $2000 every month for the next six months. That would pay the rent and feed their families, rather than giving the bloated corporate crooks more cash.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:25 pm
News on 3/24/2020

New symptoms of covid19
Complete loss of smell and taste

New outcomes
Younger victims recovering are left with enduring, possibly permanent debilitating conditions, including diminished lung capacity and loss of smell and taste.

Noted fatality
Terrence McNally, author/social commentarian
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:43 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

My brother is a nurse - I just found out his floor is going to be set up for the coronovirus. He is already working longer hours.

How is your brother?
Linkat

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2020 05:46 pm
@Lash,
All I know now is he is working long hours. I've been avoiding reaching out to him other than necessaries because of his long hours. I'll be talking to my mom tomorrow and will see if she had spoken to him in the pad couple of days.

1. Forums
  2. » Coronavirus Diaries
  3. » Page 12
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 12:13:05