Is this weird?

andi77

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:48 pm
Well...he has one nephew, and the only thing he would do when he was newborn was stare at him while he was sleeping in his crib.

He has 2 sisters, but he is the youngest.

So...he hasn't had any real experience with a newborn.

My sister had her baby 4 days before me, lol....His sister had her baby a month before me, and she is staying with their mother. My mother works 2 jobs.

My friends kinda dropped off the face of the earth after i got prego, lol.

His grandparents want to keep the baby on occasion, but it is a matter of him taking her there. Also, his grandmother has bone cancer, and i think i would feel guilty leaving her alone with the baby.

Its really the breastfeeding that keeps me from sleeping...I have tried expressing for bottlefeedings...but that ended up shorting her when she was up for a feeding 10 minutes after i pumped...so she would end up getting what i had just expressed. Breast fed babies are usually hungry anywhere from an hour, to 3 hours after feedings.
I tried supplementing with formula...but...she doesn't tolerate formula well, and would be fussy the whole time i would be trying to sleep, and my fiance' would lose his cool. I would have to sleep in the car to not be woken from her cries. lol

Hopefully, she will get into a routine soon. She gets fed on demand at the moment.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:52 pm
My sister and I are less than a year apart in age. The technical term is "Irish twins".
0 Replies

andi77

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:57 pm
Here is a pic of her, if anyone wants to see:)

Joslyn K. Nall
0 Replies

andi77

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:57 pm
Cool, do you get along good with your sister?
0 Replies

andi77

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 04:59 pm
Ok, i gotta go....Thanks for all of your great input. Have a peachy day:)
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 05:40 pm
I wouldn't get too fussed by the episodes with your fiance. Both of you have been through an enormous upheaval in your lives and nothing will ever be the same as before. I would just chalk it up to a combination of your fiance's lack of new parenting knowledge and your total lack of sleep.

Get more of that, girl.....it's not over rated. When baby naps, you should nap too.

I took a peek at her photo. She is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. Smile
0 Replies

mike145k

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 01:57 am
not good missy
you are overreacting to the point of insanity and if you continue to act like this your husband will start to hate you and soon a nasty divorce is that what you want, if it is keep it up, your behaver is terrible grow up and stop freaking out if you are so uptight about sex then how did you ever have a baby gee you women . Rolling Eyes Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

andi77

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2005 02:45 pm
Insanity, i don't think so. Protective, yes, thats my job as a parent.

I'd like to ask you, what the heck does sex between him and i have to do with the comments he made to his daughter? Sounds like you have a very disturbing view on sex.

Besides i wasn't even thinking he was a pedo, child molestor or whatnot....it was the disrespect.

Anyhoo, we had our talk. He completely understood why i reacted the way I did. He admitted someone would probably have a punch to the nose if they had made the comments. Also, he clammed up, and didn't explain himself, because he didn't know how, and would have rather not taken the chance of sticking his foot farther into his mouth.

And Mike, we love each other very much....there is far from hate in our relationship. I forgive him for all his faults and he does mine. But we both do have our limits. I am willing to let him adjust to fatherhood in his own time, and he expects a certain amount of snappynish from me. We do have the abilty to drop something and then come back to it later when we both have our cool. I came to the board to get other points of view, and i got them....and i thank everyone for their great input.
You seem to have a lot of anger about this subject....did something similar happen to you? But not turn out so well?
0 Replies