Former Vice President Joe Biden addresses supporters after his win in the South Carolina primary.

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 09:56 pm
Former Vice President Joe Biden addresses supporters after his win
in the South Carolina Democratic primary.

Published February 29, 2020

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 1,926 • Replies: 36

Real Music

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:04 pm
Joe Biden shares story of faith with pastor who lost his wife in Charleston shooting.

During a CNN Democratic town hall in Charleston, South Carolina, former Vice President Joe Biden
addresses how he would use his faith to make decisions for the United States.

Published February 26, 2020

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:18 pm
@Real Music,
That was a solid win! And, one that Biden sorely needed. I think this is now a two man race (Of course when I say "man", I mean in the more inclusive sense of straight cis male.)

I may end up voting for Biden, only because a Sanders-Trump race increasingly scares the **** out of me.
Real Music

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:20 pm
Rep. James Clyburn, the House Majority Whip and a key South Carolina voice, has endorsed
Joe Biden as his pick for 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

Real Music

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:24 pm
@maxdancona,
1. For a while I wasn't sure how this 2020 democratic primary was going to turn out.

2. I now agree that it ultimately will be a two man race between Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders.

3. Joe Biden has always been my top choice among all of the candidates seeking the 2020 democratic nomination.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:30 pm
@Real Music,
To me, Biden is a placeholder.

A Biden-Trump election has one side winning with a resounding "eh.?" while the other side self-destructs. I suppose that is ok. It is rather difficult for me to get excited about a Biden presidency.

Biden is a whole lot better than the last Democratic nominee.

Real Music

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:34 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
It is rather difficult for me to get excited about a Biden presidency.

I suspect that if we see more of this side of Joe Biden, a lot more people will become a lot more excited about a Joe Biden presidency.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:38 pm
@maxdancona,
I believe that Joe Biden can and will heal this country in these times, while we are in desperate need of healing.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Who drops out next?

I think Klobuchar is out next week (after Tuesdays contests). Warren will lose her home state (Massachusetts) and I think she has under $2M cash on hand. I don't see her hanging on much longer. (That takes care of the women).

I think Buttigieg has more than $6M on hand? He can hang around a bit longer and I think he sees himself as an alternative to Biden.

Bloomberg and Steyer are around for as long as they want. Here is my best guess.

1. Klobuchar drops out next week.
2. Warren within 3 weeks. (I might be wrong about this if she can raise the money and thinks she can do something in a brokered convention).
3. Steyer? I am really not sure how much money Steyer wants to spend.
4. Bloomberg stays until the ugly end.

Real Music

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:45 pm
@maxdancona,

I have seen news reports that today Steyer has dropped out.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:47 pm
@Real Music,
I am trying to see your point; to understanding what you mean by "healing".

He will piss off the pink hat wing of the Democratic party and any moves from him on racial justice or economic fairness will likely seem like he is walking back progressive goals.

If he reaches out to the middle, I suppose this is a good thing. H

Healing, to me, would mean that Americans stop fighting each other. That means progressives and Trump supporters would start showing respect for each other as Americans. Honestly I don't know too many Americans on either side that want that.

0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 10:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I think Klobuchar is out next week (after Tuesdays contests).
I agree that Klobuchar will probably drop out immediately after super Tuesday.

Quote:
Warren will lose her home state (Massachusetts) and I think she has under $2M cash on hand. I don't see her hanging on much longer.
I really like Elizabeth Warren. But, I agree with you that she probably won't be around much longer.
She probably won't be around much longer after super Tuesday.

Quote:
I think Buttigieg has more than $6M on hand? He can hang around a bit longer and I think he sees himself as an alternative to Biden.
I agree that Buttigieg will probably hang around a little bit longer.
But, he will ultimately end up dropping out.
It's just a matter of when.

Quote:
Bloomberg stays until the ugly end.
When Bloomberg chooses to drop out is probably the biggest question mark.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2020 04:42 pm
@maxdancona,

Quote:
Biden is a whole lot better than the last Democratic nominee.

Killary was not senile. Biden is very close.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2020 06:43 pm
@maxdancona,
1. I just saw a news report that Pete Buttigieg will be making an announcement that he will be suspending
his bid of seeking the democratic nomination.

2. The news report says he will be making his announcement at 8:30pm eastern time tonight.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2020 06:52 pm
My choice in order is Biden, Warren, Budding , and Sanders. Any one of which I would vote for. Screw the polls.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 1 Mar, 2020 08:42 pm
@Real Music,
Wow! I heard it hear first.

Am I reading this correctly? The only reason for him to drop out before Tuesday is to get his supporters to go to Biden (hurting Sanders).
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2020 07:05 am
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

Rep. James Clyburn, the House Majority Whip and a key South Carolina voice, has endorsed
Joe Biden as his pick for 2020 Democratic presidential candidate.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCcMRKdHipI&t=9s[/youtube]

If Joe Biden wins the nomination and then loses the election (especially if he loses South Carolina)? I will personally hold James Clyburn responsible for Trump's reelection.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2020 11:48 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
I will personally hold James Clyburn responsible for Trump's reelection.

I bet he appreciates the warning. Laughing
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2020 11:54 am
@tsarstepan,
How about some of the Bernie or nothing people to account if Biden loses? More than likely they will refuse to vote for Biden thereby giving Trump the win. It worked so wonderfully well last time, I guess try it again.

The reverse will not be true of "moderate" democrats of the Democratic Party.

Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy of the Sander supporters.
Brand X

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2020 12:04 pm
@revelette3,
If Trump wins again it's going to be another ugly autopsy the DNC has to do. Sanders will claim victory because he has his movement and the most individual donors etc. but he will make a great scapegoat for autopsy purposes.