Why do men like to kill men?

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2020 03:14 pm
Why do men like to kill men?

At times of war, many men smile in the anticipation of killing another man. Sons love to anticipate killing as well. Killing is the epitome of personal drama and that is why we love it. Fathers love to see it in their children, and the children are eager to emulate their parents.

We just love war, and it we do not collectively stop loving it, it looks like we will go extinct. We are just to god damned powerful for this little spaceship earth.

Nice that modern humans, as a species we are so nice that we mostly do economic war. Not so nice when we wage military war. Unfortunately, we now seem to be waring against our own existence.

Better to trade, even with nature; so why do we seem eager to destroy ourselves by killing the earth?

The notion of honorable killing served us well to date. That notion, because of population pressures and M.A.D., now means more of an honorable suicide or genocide by all the military forces of the world, should they be stupid enough to get to a nuclear WWIII.

We men are no longer doing the best that we can for our children or our own best end. We have not curbed our love of killing enough and have put our full global habitat at risk of extinction. Stupid is as stupid does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIQynsWpBpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoxPapPxXk

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 414 • Replies: 7
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 22 Feb, 2020 05:01 pm
@Greatest I am,
You are describing mentally ill people. No one who is sane enjoys killing.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2020 12:40 am
@Greatest I am,
At times of war, many men smile in the anticipation of killing another man.

I do not believe this is true... have you ever spoken to someone who has been to war?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2020 01:28 am
@maxdancona,
He doesn't have a clue. My Dad served/fought in WWII and he didn't speak about it until he was in his 70's when my mother was griped by dementia...He sobbed wondering about the families left behind because of his actions...
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 03:48 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

You are describing mentally ill people. No one who is sane enjoys killing.

You think our 5,000 years of almost constant war are all the fault of the insane. Ok.

Thanks for the deep thinking.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 03:51 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I do not believe this is true... have you ever spoken to someone who has been to war?

Being a soldier is a profession. You can only be good at it if you like what you do.

You should be pleased in killing the enemy, then you're a real soldier.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 03:56 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

He doesn't have a clue. My Dad served/fought in WWII and he didn't speak about it until he was in his 70's when my mother was griped by dementia...He sobbed wondering about the families left behind because of his actions...

Many learn the hard way that we are not built to fight to the death. That is obvious given the PTSD stats.

That does not take away the fact that we all love killing and war as the epitome of drama, one of our two basic motivators to Socrates. Bread and circuses.

Have you noted your own T.V. watching?

If like mine, you have few, let's call them chick flicks, on love, as compared to the majority that have violent themes.

I also do a lot of science and nature, but that is education more than true entertainment.

Regards
DL

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 29 Feb, 2020 05:02 pm
@Greatest I am,
Greatest I am wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

Being a soldier is a profession. You can only be good at it if you like what you do.

You should be pleased in killing the enemy, then you're a real soldier.

Regards
DL

Be very careful. Soldiers and former soldiers are real people. For you this might be a game of words. Their experiences are real and often painful. What you are saying can be considered offensive by many people. This is an area that you obviously have very little experience with.

I would suggest that you talk respectfully to people who have experienced war... and more importantly listen to them. I suspect that what you imagine of their experience is nothing close to what they actually feel about their experiences.

My father, my uncle and my son have all served as soldiers during a time of war.

The idea that soldiers are "pleased in killing" is quite a nasty, disrespectful thing to say to many soldiers.
0 Replies