I need a guys point of view

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:34 pm
My guy told me a week ago that he loves me. We have only been together for about 3 months. I love him too but haven't told him. He just went 4 days without calling, what does that mean? When I asked him why he didn't call he said he has no reason for why he didn't. Then he tells me he is afraid of loosing me. Its a long distance relationship so I think it's important we talk often. And if he is really afraid of loosing me then wouldn't that make him call more?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 604 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Eva

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:41 pm
Not necessarily. Long distance charges can be expensive. Maybe he can't afford to call that often.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:44 pm
Maybe he was doing other stuff for four days.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:49 pm
For lots of guys, four days between calls is not a long time.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 02:58 pm
If this is the only thing that is worrying you, then you have no reason to worry. Guys often don't call for a couple few days and it means just what patiodog said.

We guys don't feel the same need to talk every single day even in important relationships.

My advice is to explain to him that you would like to talk more frequently. You should also listen to him and understand that he may have other stuff on his mind that doesn't/shouldn't affect the reationship, and especially listen to him when he expresses that he cares for you.

Be careful you don't make him feel like he is forced to call. This tends to drive a wedge in any relationship.

Best to express what you feel in an honest way, then listen to him and trust.

In a healthy relationship couple compromise on these things in a away that addresses the needs of each partner. But if you want this relationship to work, trust and understanding on your part (and his, but you can't control that) is very important.

Best of luck.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 03:16 pm
Why don't you try e-mail? It's not necessarily impersonal. You can learn a lot about each other and become quite close with that as an adjunct to your phone calls.
0 Replies

pretty flowers

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 03:17 pm
Thanks everyone. I didn't stress the subject with him because I don't want to seem like the needy girlfriend and as ebrown said I don't want to make him feel forced to call...that wouldn't help the relationship at all so I will have to make sure I don't do that. We don't have to worry about long distance charges though because we use our cell phones. I feel better about it now, I am focusing on the great conversation we had last night and hoping that he makes it to town this weekend! Very Happy
0 Replies