Why is Gen X referred to as the "forgotten generation"?

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 08:18 am
Why did a lot of Gen-Xers want to stay out of the spotlight?
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 11:15 am
@JGoldman10,
I'm not saying you should make a monster story. Presumably, Snyder's stories are more complex than what you have planned, but he was able to get his work published on a regular basis.

I'm also saying that there are other people, presumably around your age, that have published multiple books in the time you have asked online for help.

I never assumed you wanted to make realistic animation. For years and years, you have said you were inspired by classic cartoons and funny animal cartoons. You have said many times one of your projects involve funny animals. In the rare times you have posted artwork, it was animal characters.

It is very clear you want to make cartoons with animals.

Disney has released a collection of short films, using both traditional and computer animation.

And here is "Hair Love", a short by black filmmakers that won the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 11:20 am
@JGoldman10,
According to the Boston Globe article you didn't read:

Quote:
Many also were raised to avoid the spotlight. As a generation that came of age as divorce changed the American family, many learned self-sufficiency from an early age — and have maintained a kind of Belichickian resolve into middle age.

“Get up, do your job, don’t cause a stink, don’t make a scene,” says Kim Ring Allen, a Gen Xer and professor of marketing at the Sawyer Business School at Suffolk University.

I have a question. Do you actually read the articles I link that answer your question? I'm noticing a pattern of you asking questions despite being given links that has the answers you seek.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 08:17 pm
@Rebelofnj,
So narcissism wasn't really an issue with most Gen-Xers then.

Younger gens like Gen Y were into narcissism because of the advent of commercialized internet access, since the Internet gives people a voice. Am I right?

Gen Y and younger gens are/were pretty much raised on digital tech.

Gen-Xers and older gens learned how to survive and function without commercialized internet access and all this digital tech we havc now.

I do wish commercialized internet access and a lot of the digital tech we have now had been around when I was coming up.

I wish things like video sharing sites (YouTube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, etc,) and certain community sites (like Deviantart) had been around when I was a youngster.

As I said in at least one other thread, the most sophisticated computer that had been around when I was a kid was the Commodore Amiga.

My dad wanted to get me one so I could produce 2-D hand-drawn animated cartoons on it but he never did.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 08:20 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I don't want to do all funny animal/furry cartoons and comics, or cartoons and comics that feature furries/funny animals. I want to do cartoony stuff with people.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 08:40 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Has Warner Bros. produced any more recent animated short films?

I recall reading they produced a number of animated shorts that were released theatrically within the last two decades. Some animated shorts that were made were intended for theatrical release but were released to DVD instead. Some were planned for theatrical release but were scrapped.

I know they produced theatrical animated shorts that were 3-D CGI-animated.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 08:42 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

I never assumed you wanted to make realistic animation.

Did you assume I wanted to make realistic comics?

I am interested in doing cartoony stuff.
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 08:55 pm
@JGoldman10,
I never assumed you wanted to make anything realistic.

You have made that very clear for years.
0 Replies

Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 09:02 pm
@JGoldman10,
WB is working on a series of shorts called DC Showcase, featuring lesser known characters from DC Comics like Sgt. Rock and The Phantom Stranger.
https://www.newsarama.com/45078-new-dc-showcase-animated-shorts-to-feature-sgt-rock-adam-strange-death-more.html
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 09:13 pm
@Rebelofnj,
Rebelofnj wrote:

Companies usually market towards the 18-35 age group, which is also the current age range of Millennials. That age group is marketed because they typically have more disposable income to spend.

Okay. What kind of income did Gen-Xers have?
Rebelofnj

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 09:23 pm
@JGoldman10,
I have no idea about Gen X's financial state without doing any research.

I was talking about the general age group 18-35, not Gen X specifically.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2020 10:18 pm
@Rebelofnj,
I meant what kind of income did Gen X have when they were in the 18-35 age bracket, but okay.
0 Replies